Website & Media

Thread starter #1
First of all, as the new season draws close, the club need to start advertising for the new season to draw in the crowds, whether that be in the newpapers, the echo or western mail, or by launching the new website, which was supposed to be launched at the end of july. If we can advertise the club effectively this season, i believe we will see close to or sell outs every game this season. Anybody know if there is any progress on the website eg devils tv, updated website.

Secondly, I believe another factor of our success will be news articles in the echo and western mail. Last year we had brads column, so i would hope that this would start very soon and also the articles about the devils. Ive noticed over the passed few weeks there has been next to nothing in the echo, which is disappointing. I know that its still the off season, but i would hope that the media coverage would start to build up now. It would be nice to have interviews from players in the build up to the season along with brads column. If your reading Terry, please can we have some media coverage build up.

I have been pretty disapppointed with this recently, there hasn't even been anything on the devils website to keep us going, it would be nice to get something like player interviews like you've mentioned. It all seems to have just come to a stand still, i hope that the new website is brought out soon. Like you say we are definately lacking a bit of media coverage at the moment.

Koop11

I share the thoughts that’s the media attention has been limited of late but it is the off season as pointed out. Gerad is still back home in Canada (I think?) and the club is no doubt working very hard behind the scenes ready for the new season. The new website is on its way which I’ve been told will be pretty special. Good things come to those that wait. Expect something very soon.

I'm sure the echo will be as supportive as they were last year also.

James

Administrator
Koop11 said:
Gerad is still back home in Canada (I think?)
G is back in the Uk now and working on all the work visas. There really hasn't been a lot to report in the last few weeks but I'm sure it will kick in soon.

Speaking of publicity.......

.... in the SUN newspaper on Thursday 30th July, I found small article in the sports roundup near thw back stating we had signed Tylor Michel!! Not a big piece but we made it into the SUN! Woohoo!! :lol:

ASHIPP

Any news of a 'meet the team/shirt launch' event? :? This usually includes club merchandise and an early chance to sponsor a player. :cool:
Notice Sheffield and Edinburgh have already confirmed dates with their fans and Thompson has done several 'meet the player' evenings for the Blaze this Summer.

Local radio is currently carrying adverts for both the Bluebirds and the Blues. It's a shame the Devils aren't getting in on the act!!

Chris

Administrator
2 weeks and counting since the last EIHL Devils related article on the website, that was Tylor Michel's signing...

I'm starting to think now that if we hadn't signed one of the best teams in a while for us, the fans would be a little more concerned.

There's been no sponsor news, no news on the rink, nothing apart from player signings...

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/NewsInterviews.aspx?cpid=385

Devils TV, new e-commerce site? No ordinary off-season? Seems pretty average to me so far apart from the player signings...

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/NewsCaptainsComments.aspx?cpid=364

Last blog from Voth, 26/03/09, Blaze have had meet the player events, we've heard nothing from anyone...

Whilst other clubs might be in the same boat, I don't think it's a good route to follow, we want to be the best, not just one of the 'others'...

Chris.

rolf

Gagging for the new seaon? Got nothing to moan about? I know let's moan about nothing.....Crikey, sometimes we sound like a bunch of old wimmin (apologies to any old wimmin forum members).

Last week the devils uk-based players were active around the Llanishen area organising things for kids during the holidays. I personally know of at least 2 separate families of kids who have had their (wet,horrible) summer enriched by Phil Hill. I also know that the back-room staff have been busily signing up sponsors to make devils tv really work for the club, not just by providing us all with a sing-song.

From what I know of Terry at the echo, I'd never doubt his personal or professional commitment to the club . I still hold him responsible for expediting the transfer of ownership a while ago with his intuitive reporting and I believe he has done more than that too.

Me? I'd rather say nothing if there is nothing to say, let the players whoop it up, before knuckling down to the new season. I'd rather watch the squeelers play legal ping pong with or bite the hand that has fed them. Far more fun that. Hey I believe there to be a media/PR firm in Barry what no-one's ever heard of looking for a shirt to sponsor, so all may not yet be lost. Just wish I could remember the name.........................hoho chortle, or even better still, maybe they could charge Corky a few bob for having his manufacturers label on them............get outta here !!

Wannabe2

Its looking very very good for this coming season, the club are consistently raising the bar for our great club, and everything is pointing in the right direction. Its a great time to be a Devils fan at the moment,and to a certain extent its up to us all to spread the word about our great team, after all when you are on to something good you want to share the experience. Its not long now folks before we will be all losing our voices, shouting for the greatest team, in the greatset sport on the planet.The first day back i am sure will send shivers down our backs, as our gladiators rip up there opponents, and send them scurrying back over the border. Its looking mighty good folks.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

ASHIPP

Rock Chick said:
Chris Stone said:
2 weeks and counting since the last EIHL Devils related article on the website, that was Tylor Michel's signing...
It appears they heard you http://www.cardiffdevils.com/Newsheadline.aspx?cpid=429 :D
A perfectly timed press release that adds more excitement and encouragement to the approach of the season. It certainly shut me up! :lol:
Seriously, it proves how hard the organisation has been working to get many difficult projects to come together and that takes time, money and graft. Sounds totally exciting. :cool: I think some of us (me included) just wanted an idea of when any news was going to be released.

Finny

I would guess that part of the reason for the lack of PR's recently - is that some people in the office might be taking a holiday before it gets even more hectic again towards the end of August?

dave

Finny said:
I would guess that part of the reason for the lack of PR's recently - is that some people in the office might be taking a holiday before it gets even more hectic again towards the end of August?
Finny that is far to sensible to think. 100 lashes for you :D :D

haha perfect timing :p, it all sounds brilliant really cant wait for the new season now, especially as i went to the devils office today so the lovely girlfriend of mine could buy me 16 flex tickets for the new season :D :D :D :D :D :D im so excited!!!. Don't know if its changed since the last mention on here but the season ticket count was 418, i was also told the devils tv would be up soon. Was the first time i've been up to the office and i have to say it is pretty impressive. Unreal to think of where we were 2 years ago and where we are now. Well done and thank you to Matt burge and co. i'd say.

Chris

Administrator
At the bottom of...

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/Newsheadline.aspx?cpid=431

It states that we've got something sorted with Red Dragon FM, that can only be a good thing. We get a fair amount of coverage in the papers, the radio looks to be the next step :)
Look and listen out for more details and competitions to win tickets in South Wales Echo with Media Wales our media partner and on Red Dragon Radio, the official radio station of The Cardiff Devils.
Chris.

mazza03

It should be with Real Radio they seem to be the top local radio station now, even got Jason Harold on. I've alway listened to them rather than Red Dragon.