Welcome back Vother!!!

Very happy with this re-signing. Hopefully he can prove his critics wrong and get that silverware he's been wanting in his final season
:D

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Koop11

The Lord Mayor of Cardiff returns. Welcome back Brad!

I understand there will be mixed feeling about Brad’s return (I’ve certainly had them) as his game has changed in recent years and arguably not to his strength. However, he is a great leader, has huge presence on the ice and tallies in with some big goals. There isn’t anymore more recognisable in British hockey and that is massive for us as a club, both on and off the ice.

People go on about Brad’s point production. You’re looking at a 30 point season in Brad which for a style of player he is that is decent return, especially as he’s regarded as a secondary scorer. Brad does score big goals and that’s the most important thing. A hat trick against Edinburgh, with the greatest respect, looks good at the end of season total but its when and who your score against that is important.

As Brad’s game has changed, mainly due to the fact he is targeted by opposition and officials (some would argue his own doing), I feel his noticeable impact probably hasn’t been what it was and that is where people debate whether he should continue to play for this club. However, put last season into context. Brad badly damaged his hand at the start of the season, forcing his to miss a load of games. Yet Brad scored 22 goals and 16 assists, giving him 38 points in 50 games. That’s pretty decent for a guy not signed to this club to score.

Brad at his best, something we did see in spells last year, is unplayable IMO. Hard in the corners, strong on the puck, in the goalie’s face, big hits and a massive shot (he doesn’t use that enough). I think with the Tank supporting him there will be less pressure on Brad to have to drop the gloves. Also, he now has a disciplined centre playing next to him in Stuuuuu who will add so much vision and skill to that notoriously physical line. If Brad his back for ‘one more year’ (his last?), then I think this has the potential to be his best yet. He stays fit and plays his own game he will have a huge season.

7 seasons and the whole league still talks about him. You’re doing something right Brad. Look forward to watching you wearing the jersey again.

I'm still amazed that at 08:47 we still haven't heard from elliswf - someone should check on him, I imagine he passed out with all the excitment :lol:

D

Deleted member 1337

really made my day :cool: :D :lol: so happy i am going to try to be vothers kit sponser!!!

Gazza272

Excellent news. And I will expand later.

However is that the worst press release ever written? I think it has to be up there. No quote from G just some ramblings that looks like its been copied and pasted from here.

Good signing for the Devils.. He may not be as sharp as he used too be but he's still one of the better playing tough guys in the league, and looking at who has signed up so far in the league i would say that Voth is likely to be the best fighter in the league next year, him or King..

Oh and he should become the EIHL all time leader in fighting majors next season as he's only a couple of fights behind Andre Payette record..

Gazza272 said:
However is that the worst press release ever written? I think it has to be up there. No quote from G just some ramblings that looks like its been copied and pasted from here.
Was just about to say the same thing Gazza. If it is someone new writing them, they probably need to look at other teams ones if that is what is being given to the press etc. The oddest part is the "I feel" .. Who is saying that? Adams or just a personal view of the PR writer?

Glad to see him back in the league but he seemed quieter last year. Probably to do with having Title to play for which meant he couldnt do stupid things that would cost the Devils matches. If he does the same this year, he could be one of the big signings of the season.