Well done Phil Hill

Beth

Re: well done phill hill

Don't mean to rain on Phil Hill's parade, but wasn't that one of the goals against Sheffield on Wednesday?

Re: well done phill hill

Well done to Phil Hill anyway on another good performance and being our 2nd top scorer this season in front of both Max and Matzka (albeit played more games). 5th overall for us, and overall (all teams players) in front of the likes of Greg Owen, Finnerty, Colt King and Jonathan Weaver

ASHIPP

Phil could well be Devils' Player of the Month for January....a totally deserving candidate. :cool:

G wanted Phil to show how capable he really is this season unbridled by the responsibilities of the Alternate Captain's job. The short-benched situation has seen Phil really rise to the occassion. He has not only built upon his all-round game and immense work ethic...he has literally put in some game winning performances. :cool: He is a key player for the Devils. More of the same Phil, we're loving it. ;)

Chris

Administrator
OJ took some flak on MNL after he posted my comments about Hill over the 3 away games in Edinburgh, Belfast and Coventry and how badly he was playing...

But he really seems to have turned it around now, i've not seen any of the games lately as i'm still stuck in Nottingham but i'm glad he's found his form again. Other teams fans seem to hate him which is always a good sign :)

Just under a point per game over the last four seasons including this one, hopefully we can keep hold of him for next season!

Finny

Hill did look to be struggling for a couple of games, but as Sheincar said the line of Hill-MacRae-Pierce has clicked so quickly and he is thriving on it now.

TheStub

I think separating Hill and Voth is a good move, along with Jeff and Maxy.

Hill can now play his power forward game and Pierce can be the skill "star" player. Both closer to their natural game.

voth26

TheStub said:

Hill can now play his power forward game and Pierce can be the skill "star" player. Both closer to their natural game.
which line would you put voth when he returns, out of curiosty also is voth going to be playing on weds in cc game anyone know

Chris

Administrator
Hill did look to be struggling for a couple of games, but as Sheincar said the line of Hill-MacRae-Pierce has clicked so quickly and he is thriving on it now.

Perhaps worthy of another topic, but what lines does that now leave us with?

The Hill, Matzka and Voth line seemed to be working quite well previously with Matzka finding some form alongside those two, but with Voth missing and this line now working I wonder if we'll be shifting the lines around again when Voth returns?

Finny

Chris said:

The Hill, Matzka and Voth line seemed to be working quite well previously with Matzka finding some form alongside those two, but with Voth missing and this line now working I wonder if we'll be shifting the lines around again when Voth returns?
It seems to be:

Hill-MacRae-Pierce
Dobben-Matzka-Smith
Burrows-Davies-Adams

I thought both those top two lines worked well against Sheffield until we tired. I'd be tempted top drop Burrows back to 10th forward and Voth to play alongside G and Ben.

Finny said:
Chris said:

It seems to be:

Hill-MacRae-Pierce
Dobben-Matzka-Smith
Burrows-Davies-Adams

I thought both those top two lines worked well against Sheffield until we tired. I'd be tempted top drop Burrows back to 10th forward and Voth to play alongside G and Ben.
Wouldn't it make more sense to drop Adams back to D and put Voth in his spot?
I would definitely leave the first two lines as they are, they seem to be clicking well.