"We're going to win"

Thread starter #1
I know Aubry was against the "we're going to win" music being played before the end last year but can we have it a bit earlier than 20 seconds before the end. 5 - 2 up with a stoppage roughly 2.30 from the end was an ideal time to wind up the Hull team and get the fans going, not as an after thought at 20 seconds left with both teams beating the life out of each other.

Just a thought for the match night ent's team. Mumbles and his team always seemed to get it in at the right time a few years back.

Yeh I want it played then too, but I seem to remember in the WNIR mumbles and his team playing it with about a minute left when we winning by 1 and the other team had a face off in our end. They're faces were a picture as they scrambled around trying to turn it off quickly. :lol:

Have to agree, I hope it is going to be played at a more appropriate time. Why play it when the game has finished? We have won!!!!!
There has been much said pre-season about match night entertainment, creating an atmosphere etc, well it always used to create a great atmosphere in the old WNIR with 1500 or so people singing along with the odd minute or two still to go in the game with a comfortable win in sight.
I appreciate there has to be a break in play before this can be played, but there was ample time last night.

Just a thought for the not too distant future.

ASHIPP

Yeah, let's get some logic behind this decision! It's a great song and should definitely be played in the closing minutes of the game but..... when the gap in the score is sufficiently large enough for the Devils to definitely win the match! Perish the thought that a team would score 3 goals in 133 minutes before the end of a match to come back and win it! :oops: The Giants did that against the Steelers on Sunday! :lol:

TheStub

ASHIPP said:
Yeah, let's get some logic behind this decision! It's a great song and should definitely be played in the closing minutes of the game but..... when the gap in the score is sufficiently large enough for the Devils to definitely win the match! Perish the thought that a team would score 3 goals in 133 minutes before the end of a match to come back and win it! :oops: The Giants did that against the Steelers on Sunday! :lol:
Do you mean "133 seconds"? ;)

I would imagine that Paul is under orders from G when he's allowed to play it I.E. Sufficient score margin, not much time, get the crowd buzzing etc. Did anyone else notice the quality of the speakers were beter on Sunday? needs to be a bit louder though...

ASHIPP

TheStub said:
ASHIPP said:
Do you mean "133 seconds"? ;)

Oh God, yeah, well spotted! :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Really pleased to see that this was taken on board last night. For those that weren't there. Only 1.15 remaining in the game, Devils leading 4-1 when penalites are called for both teams and out booms "Were gonna win" I think eveyone in the rink joined in making it a great atmosphere, and something I'm sure the players appreciated.

More of the same please, off course only when it's appropriate :lol: