What have the Devils given you?

drainage

BLOCK 3 DEVIL said:
drainage said:
BLOCK 3 DEVIL said:
20+ years of awesome memories and even greater friends.

Oh, and a game of footie in a motorway services when a coach (bus variety) gave up the ghost !
Queuing around the rink in the rain to get tickets to see us play Deeside !!!! Oh and my first ever bench clearance in 87 - think it was Grimsby and it was carnage !!!
I was there for both of those......

Add... Medway game - no Smithie, Trafford Tournament - serious arses booted, 14 coaches turn up at Teford game - pure magic.
indeed it was a convoy !!! My mind is stirring now .... remember Shannon arriving to play rest of game after his daughter was born ! What about the Durham game delayed over 3 hrs and leaving the rink at midnight !!

drummer-sean said:
I started watching at the end of the 02-03 season and the devils hooked me with a huge 12-0 win over the Fife Flyers. Over the years this club has had its good times (Challenge Cup 05, Sheffield away trip in Burgys last year when he scored with 0.2 seconds left in OT) and of course the bad times (Last years off ice problems with ownership etc) but through it all I have loved every single moment. The only thing that gets me through summer is knowing that the new season isnt far away and the excitement of new players, bashing the squeelers. And knowing I'll see friends which I have made thanks to this beautiful game. In short being a Devils Fan is everything to me and is like my Family. I'll cry through bad times and bang my drum and Jump for joy through Good ones for years to come

But Through It all I'll Still Be a Cardiff Devil

It was 01-02 Paul Macmillan team in BNL

ASHIPP

The Devils have given me a 20 year old roller coaster ride and a huge hole in my pocket!
Plus memories I would rather not remember - Philips, the end of the WNIR, the Vother being banned
Plus memories I never want to forget - all the League and cup wins, awesome players like Steve Moria, brilliant netminding and a great feeling about the future development and security of the Devils Team and their Organisation.

Loved every minute of it, and hopefully with Matt Burge, long may it continue. :D

Holland was definately a trip to remember, I look back fondly at the old days and remember the chants (not really nice now you think of it) of 'you're going home in a Cardiff ambulance' the music in the intervals was second to none in getting the crowd going and winning was sometimes a forgone conclusion. Just remember we started cheque book hockey! Whilst we have the rivalry with Sheffield I still don't thinks its as intense as it was with Telford after the walk off the ice. Remember when we did a collection for the legal fees and raised around £1000

We have had some lean years since the early days but this year has been something else, there is definately renewed optimism and I really believe had it not been for some bad luck and apalling decisions by the Sheffield - god my spelling is awful - I mean Elite League - I truly think we would have been there this year.

Good luck for the weekend guys no matter what happens it's been great and this is one Season Ticket holder who will be renewing for next season

Finny

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Definately 02-03.
2001-02 was the first BNL season run by Brian Candy. Although there was a slight rumour Uncle Bob might have had a hand in the running of the team too..............

Kipper

Only been coming since the end of 2003. In that time hockey has given me headaches,stress, strife, conflict (and financial strain since my son started to play).However, more importantly it has given me lifelong friends that I would never have met if it were not for the Cardiff Devils. These friends and the good memories have made all the above hassles worthwhile (but I wouldn't go through it all again :eek: )

Enjoy the hockey for what it is and what you get out of it. Don't get too involved in political or off ice issues as it will detract from your enjoyment.

Finny said:
jodysstillagirlsname said:
Definately 02-03.
2001-02 was the first BNL season run by Brian Candy. Although there was a slight rumour Uncle Bob might have had a hand in the running of the team too..............
Cheers Finny, its an age thing the old memory is going

Koop11

My cousin took my brother to a few Devils games early in the 1989/90 season. My brother was hooked and attended nearly all the later part of that season, using his paper round money to fund his new addiction. All he would go on about is the Cardiff Devils. Before you know it, we had videos all over the house, clips of Wales Today sport, Grandstand coverage, and other ad hoc footage. It was rubbed in my face to a point I couldn’t wait to see a game.

At the tender age of 9 years old I went to my first game the following season (1990/91). I loved it. By this time my brother had some how funded a season ticket and to this day, other than lock out season, has had one every year. I would go to games whenever my pocket money would allow me but I could never really afford a season ticket until the Superleague era. I have held a season ticket every season since 1999/2000 (apart from lock out year).

My love for the Devils and anything hockey related has brought some indirect consequences to me. The same time I was getting into the Devils I began playing inline hockey and went on to play until the age of 25. Years of playing hockey though has taken its toll on my body and a few injuries have seen me still needing treatment to this day. The Devils for many reasons have seen some divides with fans because of off ice politics. Closer to home, hockey being a weekend sport means that at least once a year there is a full blown argument with the misses because there is a wedding or something important the same night we have Sheffield or Coventry. Usually I get to see the game but it comes at a price of a week in the dog house and another bullet for a future argument.

Despite these things, I wouldn’t change my love for the game or this club for anything. Hockey and the Devils have brought so much more than an enjoyable sport to my life. As well as being the best sport in the world, there is the added social element that comes with following this club. I’ve been fortunate to make so many good friends at the game and indirectly though inline hockey. With the Devils I feel like I’m actually part of the club. At the end of the day I’m just a fan who thinks he knows best like any other but there is this sense of community that this club is blessed with. More so now than ever before with the new management investing honest time and effort into our club. I can’t thank them enough for that. Long live the Cardiff Devils.

You can all wipe your eyes now.

Sliput

For me it has to be a new era in my ice hockey supporting ''career''.

After various people moved/my club got taken over by people who ripped my club apart...i was ready to give up on hockey after 19 yrs.Then me and my mate went to Cov V Devils in 2001...enjoyed the game and decided to go to Cardiff for a ''one-off''game. For the next four years we did every home game ( As i live in Birmingham i'd hate to think how many miles and petrol has been used :eek: :eek: ) for the last 2/3 we have made about half of home games and a lot of away games...but still love supporting the Devils...anyway back to the question.

Our 2nd game we stood next to Pandora/Theresa...got taliking to her and then Mags and over the years have got to know some great people plus a few i now call my good friends.There have been huge highs and lows but wouldnt give back any of them.

After Sundays games one of the lads said ''You cannot get that in any other sport'' and he is right.I love watching hockey and my social circle of friends has been enhanced . What more do we want.

And last but not least.........the interesting debates i have with a well known Infernower about international rugby....... :lol: :lol: :lol: .