What the Giants offer.....

TL91

I’m not seeing anything there that we don’t already offer (I think…don’t know for certain?!). I’d imagine the majority is the norm for many if not all teams in the EIHL. Maybe the discounts about town are better if Giants push it more, but we really don’t know. Wouldn’t say that’s a huge game changer.

RedDevil17

I’m not seeing anything there that we don’t already offer (I think…don’t know for certain?!). I’d imagine the majority is the norm for many if not all teams in the EIHL. Maybe the discounts about town are better if Giants push it more, but we really don’t know. Wouldn’t say that’s a huge game changer.
League titles and ambition are big factors too. We’ve fallen short of both in the past few seasons…

From hearing what the Devils players get and listening to what some of the players from other teams say on wally's podcast about what they get provided, I think the players in Cardiff do well and it seems as if the club has a good reputation amongst imports

pjj365

It's not just the simple package that's being illustrated that influences a player

Simmsey said in a podcast (Wally's IIRC) that players may not sign because the team have run out of rented accommodation that would take dogs.

There are loads of factors and we have a good rep for looking after players - we just don't make a video about it

Devils86

Hopefully the video reinforces the position that players are treated well and can have a good standard of living when they play at certain clubs in the EIHL. It'll be a talking point for players who are thinking about the league and asking their colleagues who may have played here what's it's like.

We need the league and all its teams to improve and attract better players so that the on-ice product improves year on year...that way we will all attract and keep more fans.

But it requires those clubs that maybe don't hit the same heights of looking after their players to step up and that's not always easy or possible with financial issues etc

Paul Sullivan

It's nice for them to have this video, but it's a tradition of looking after the guys in a first class way that they continued after their last GM left them, and headed to God's country.
Also, while I understand criticism about not making player moves sometimes as quickly as fans would like, don't underestimate the power of looking after injured guys and not gassing them in terms of generating a great reputation for the Club.

drainage

From hearing what the Devils players get and listening to what some of the players from other teams say on wally's podcast about what they get provided, I think the players in Cardiff do well and it seems as if the club has a good reputation amongst imports
I know for a fact when one player and his wife arrived she cried when seeing what was done for them. I won’t name them but I know as I was involved in prepping their apartment. We do treat our players and their families very well.