What the hell happend ???

Thread starter #1
Tonight I witnessed what can only be described as Jekyll and Hyde hockey. The first two periods I saw my team take control of the game score two good goals and keep the elite leagues in form team at bay. Then the third period.....We looked like a different team. Was it that we thought we had it won and got caught cold ?? this is maybe the case for the two goals we conceded in the first minute and a half of the third period but we were only 2-1 up ... could it be that nottingham upped their game in the third ?? if this is the case then the rest of the elite league should sit up and take note because if they can flick a switch and change it that quickly we can all look out. Or is it that maybe some of our players still arent fully fit due to our lack of preseason. I dont mean this to be a swipe at the team because i truely believe that if we can dig deep and find the form we showed in the first two periods tonight in the majority of our matches we WILL win the league. All I want to get out of this post is the thoughts of others who maybe share my views or have views of their own.
Bring on the Squeelers next week and the 20/20 LETS GO DEVILS LETS GO !!
CJ

CJDevil21 said:
Tonight I witnessed what can only be described as Jekyll and Hyde hockey. The first two periods I saw my team take control of the game score two good goals and keep the elite leagues in form team at bay. Then the third period.....We looked like a different team. Was it that we thought we had it won and got caught cold ?? this is maybe the case for the two goals we conceded in the first minute and a half of the third period but we were only 2-1 up ... could it be that nottingham upped their game in the third ?? if this is the case then the rest of the elite league should sit up and take note because if they can flick a switch and change it that quickly we can all look out. Or is it that maybe some of our players still arent fully fit due to our lack of preseason. I dont mean this to be a swipe at the team because i truely believe that if we can dig deep and find the form we showed in the first two periods tonight in the majority of our matches we WILL win the league. All I want to get out of this post is the thoughts of others who maybe share my views or have views of their own.
Bring on the Squeelers next week and the 20/20 LETS GO DEVILS LETS GO !!

CJ, i disagree if we are to be successful and have title aspirations then all three lines have to be pulling a fair amount of weight every night, i know it is fairly early days but some players are not performing and we need them to start putting in performances now before it is to late, for me as i have stated in an earlier thread Richardson and Davies have been the stand out players, import wise of the new guys the only player i didn't think that would do well is Matt Miller i don't know why but that was a gut feeling i had, i hope he proves me wrong.
CJ

Thread starter #3
I'd like to add Matt Towe to the list of stand out players. People expected Towey to step up this year and make himself counted and so far he hasnt disappointed. I agree there are certain players on our team who came in with big reputations and havent stepped up to the mark, but as you said its still early days its just my opinion that if these players play like we know they can i feel we will win the league.
CJ

I thought we were very fortunate to be 1-0 up after the 1st to be honest. We took some silly penalties and were very sloppy (not clearing the zone properly, being dreadfully slow on line changes for example). Luckily for us Nottingham didn't take advantage of that.

2nd we looked a lot better, bit quicker/sharper - but were still fortunate that Nottingham didn't capitalise on that 2 on 0 breakaway (brilliant double save by Lyle i must say). In the 3rd Nottingham stepped up a couple of gears immediately & got the goals they needed for the lead, then did a great job of closing the game out & restricting out scoring chances for the rest of the game.

Probably stating the obvious - but overall i thought that Nottingham were comfortably the best team i have seen so far this season - well organised, dangerous on the break etc.

We have Voth to come back now which of course will add a new dimension to the team, bit disappointed that the 1st line isn't firing on all cylinders right now, but as many others have already mentioned the Brits have done an outstanding job so far this season.

One thing I think should be worth mentioning would be Ben Davies!
How much has he come on this season!?
Ben was never scared to go into the corner with D'Amour (Who came in with a reputation as one of the top players in the league), and usually came out with the puck.
He gave D'Amour trouble whenever he was on the ice - despite being about a foot smaller ;)
Also grabbed an assist, I'm just so glad Ben's talent is finaly showing through!

- I havn't really wrote that too well, but you get the point :D