Winter break

BostonBart22

Thread starter #1
With all the injuries mounting on our team and most other clubs, could it be visable to have a 2 week winter break , it would give players a chance to recover and the ones playing with niggles , especially if team can't afford to get replacements in...just saying.

Gough60

Sounds a practical idea. But Would probably only result in a congestion of fixtures as we find ourselves in at the moment leading to weekend & midweek games in far flug venues causing fatigue & possible injury.
Vicious circle.

Diafol

Or it would annoy fans who then have to shell out even more money to Nottingham hotels when the POFW date is put back.

BostonBart22

Thread starter #5
Or it would annoy fans who then have to shell out even more money to Nottingham hotels when the POFW date is put back.
Was looking to a future season as a trial..wouldn't hurt to start a season a week early and finish a week late to fit in a winter break, just ridiculous we are going down the road again of teams shortbenched through injuries and niggles and paying fans not getting to see full product on ice. .just saying

Earnie

Nice idea but the answer has to be NO.
The Leagues schedule is squeezed as it is . Can think about it for next year but highly unlikely to happen.

MA18

Given teams pay their players weekly I’d say it would be a non starter.
Outgoings remain the same but no income from those two week.

Todd has said before the schedule is what it is, they are professional hockey players and it’s what they are used to.

Kevlar68

If our players have minor injuries now and train but not play leaving them fitter for conti cup final I'm fine with that.
We have a real good chance at winning a European title if we have a almost fully fit squad.
I myself would save our players for that than risk bringing them back to soon for CC and league.

Earlier start would be nice for the team in the CHL to get a couple of competetive games in, but I'm not sure the EIHL is guaranteed a spot any more.

BostonBart22

Thread starter #16
I’m pretty sure one of the Steelers / Panthers owners said that the wage cap was abolished this year… but Todd seems convinced…
No such thing, surely it would be on the eihl website somewhere, if devils or any other team got a transcript of it could they post it here please . Dated this season

Wannabe2

It’s not about money it’s about personnel, I would put money on our budget being bigger than Flames, that’s my opinion as I don’t know the true facts.

Finny

No such thing as wage cap to the bigger clubs...
Who are we classing as the bigger clubs?
Tradionally I'd say it was Sheffield, Nottingham, Belfast and us.

But those teams are currently 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th in the table.
Could the reason that Guildford and Coventry are in the top two be because there is a wagecap?

Sheincar

With all the injuries mounting on our team and most other clubs, could it be visable to have a 2 week winter break , it would give players a chance to recover and the ones playing with niggles , especially if team can't afford to get replacements in...just saying.
Not every club can afford to go 2 weeks without an income.