You learn something every day

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
Only just found out that Whitley’s ice rink has the same capacity as us, obviously never been there too far for me, but that had me gobsmacked. I knew Blackburn had our capacity, but Whitley is another story.

kingmo19.1

I was in Leeds last week and visited the rink (our old BBT) - wow what a change. Very large reception area alongside a cafe/bar area that’s about the same size as the bar in the IAW. Also a bar area above reception that runs the full length of the rink width overlooking the ice. The actual rink has been remodelled - the stairs have been moved completely in all areas so you go underneath the stand then double back on yourself to access the seats - ie, same layout as in the Cardiff City Football Staduim. Rink staff were fitting brand new seating and it looked really good (seats are all a grey colour). They also extend one row further down than the old BBT. To be fair, it’s a really nice rink and if Leeds Chiefs can fill it then it’ll be a cracking venue for Ice Hockey.

BostonBart22

I was in Leeds last week and visited the rink (our old BBT) - wow what a change. Very large reception area alongside a cafe/bar area that’s about the same size as the bar in the IAW. Also a bar area above reception that runs the full length of the rink width overlooking the ice. The actual rink has been remodelled - the stairs have been moved completely in all areas so you go underneath the stand then double back on yourself to access the seats - ie, same layout as in the Cardiff City Football Staduim. Rink staff were fitting brand new seating and it looked really good (seats are all a grey colour). They also extend one row further down than the old BBT. To be fair, it’s a really nice rink and if Leeds Chiefs can fill it then it’ll be a cracking venue for Ice Hockey.
Quick question is it owned by planet ice ?

NathanG

Went there in March just before the lockdown. Very neat arena. I got talking to a few of their fans and according to them, the ice pad is a touch too small and won't meet EIHL requirements. Something to do a minor planning error when constructing the rink. It's a pity.