Your player of the weekend!

Gazza272

Thread starter #1
So i think its safe to say that overall the Devils put in two pretty darned good performance with not one player having a 'mare' as it were in any game.

So as a sort of spin off from the game threads lets hear everybodies Player of the weekend and Why.

Over to you Inferno :D

Haven't had a long think about this but Finnerty really stood out a few times this weekend. He seems to be fitting in really well with the team, moves the puck excellently and seems prepared to get involved and get gritty.

Also Jay for basically the same reasons.

Re: Your player of the weekenhhehedoofojjajavjavehave hhuhumhhh

Going to say birbraer for Saturday game as his checking is immense and can shift the momentum of the game as it did, and got winning goal even though I missed it lol, Sundays game I'm going to say hartwick because his on ice awareness and strength are second to none, cleared the zone well and just simply pushed players off the puck at times like they were puppets. Wish he would maybe show a little more on the fighting side of things but gladly have him on ice instead! Can't dismiss finnerty though wow he's such a good player but overall id say hartwick for player of weekend!

Finny

Over the whole weekend I would say Jay. I think he is finally finding the form he showed us last season. He's also starting to get in opposition players faces and wind them up again.

He had a part in all 3 goals against the Blaze on Sunday and was one of our best players against Belfast.

i didn't go to the blaze game but i completely agree with finny, jay is showing just why the fans love him so much.
he has great vision and skill and deffinately knows how to get under the oppositions skin :lol:

A

Anonymous

Didnt go to either game, I am however going to the Panthers game this Sunday :D Going on reports, MNL and recent games I'd go for Finnerty. Hes been a great signing for the team and his points contribution is second to none. Michel a close second for always giving 100% (I just wish I could go more often) :(

wildthing74

Tough call.I'd go for Finnerty or Michel.Both looking to spark something everytime they go on the ice but Jay was also bck to his old annoying best.Annoying in the good sense.

drainage

Jay - for annoying the opposition over and above the call of duty

Ryan - for generally getting in the face of the opposition and working his posterior off

special mention to Jarv (think it was him) for copying donkey when he kept banging the boards made me chuckle !!! :lol:

I Think MIKE HARTWICK had his best weekend in a devils shirt. cough cough cough

Seriously now, i think stevie lyle had a solid weekend, Jay , Jarvis with the goals but i would say Symonds, he took the body and was not afraid to check anybody.

DevilDom

Realy hard to call as most players had a good weekend, but i'd probably go with Jay. Could easily be Michel, Max, Lyle, Hartwick, Finnerty or Jarvo though!

DevilDom said:
Realy hard to call as most players had a good weekend, but i'd probably go with Jay. Could easily be Michel, Max, Lyle, Hartwick, Finnerty or Jarvo though!

hartwick you are seriously joking right.........how he got man of the match was a travesty the other game...........

Wannabe2

Too big a call for me guys, so so many good displays by so many players. They all played very important roles to bring two wins. For me the best players over the weekend were all those in a Devils Shirt.

DevilDom

andydevils said:
DevilDom said:

hartwick you are seriously joking right.........how he got man of the match was a travesty the other game...........
No i'm not joking - its all a matter of opinion sin't it? I thought he played consistently well on both nights (well enough for others to award him MOM on Saturday) and did his job as a Dman very well. He may not do all the headline grabbing things but he certainly does the gritty work very well IMO.

Ger-Devils

Any idea how many points Finnerty is on so far? Elite league site is wrong and devils don't have no stats up for him at the moment.

Finnerty is up there, so is Jay but I think Tylor. Saturday's performance was awesome and he topped it off last night. Those dives to keep the puck in the zone on a few occasions was great to see

Finny

Finnerty has 13 points from 10 games.

Apologies for the stats not being updated on the website - I've had problems trying to upload them at home and not been in work for a week to do them there. Hopefully they will be up to date tomorrow.

Mike Hartwick, he was solid at the back and was physical, didnt take any penalties V Blaze and 1 pen he took V Giants, he played the Final 2.30ish of the Belfast game and made some good defensive plays,

Finnerty was every where in both games and what a great pass over a giants player stick from behind the net so G could fire the puck top corner (think it was Finnerty).

One of them for me

Hartwick - man of the match vs steelers.

Watch the highlights package on the main devils website. He concedes a stupid slashing penalty with 15 seconds to go in first to put us on a 5 on 3 then tries to clear the zone and he cant then they show a clip of him trying to shoot, yeah it goes about 5 yards from his stick because he fans on it. Come on guys wake up this guy is not worth all the praise. It is his second season i would of expected him to get better but he hasnt. Face the facts how many points has hartwick got this season=============

andydevils said:

Watch the highlights package on the main devils website. He concedes a stupid slashing penalty with 15 seconds to go in first to put us on a 5 on 3 then tries to clear the zone and he cant then they show a clip of him trying to shoot, yeah it goes about 5 yards from his stick because he fans on it. Come on guys wake up this guy is not worth all the praise. It is his second season i would of expected him to get better but he hasnt. Face the facts how many points has hartwick got this season=============

one we are talking about the weekend of Coventry and Belfast games, 2 i agree he should not have been MOM for the Steeler game, and yes he has not many points because Richardson and Jarvis are very good attacking D men, he has really no option to stay at the back when one of them is getting forward,

Rempel16

andydevils said:

Hartwick is a defensive d-man. His job isn't to score points.