2021/22 Roster - Rumours/Predictions

E.D.S.

Absolutely agree, the hero worshipping is becoming a bit bland, if everyone is a hero, you simple dilute the true meaning for those who truly deserve it.

My last comment on this is that without Haddad at Greenville Lordo would’ve had a harder time, a contract was always going to beat Cardiff’s for £........
Sounds like it was a bit more than money driving this one. Steve's comment of "travel restrictions and vaccine requirements" is an interesting one and may be I'm reading way too much in to but may be Haddad hasn't been or doesn't want to be jabbed. May be the isolation would be a problem. No idea but good luck Joey. Amazing contribution to our club. Truly unique player, great around the boards, great hands, physical and knew where the back of the net was. He will be missed but 'the King is dead, long live the Kind" and all that. Onwards.

I don't have any expectations for this season. Not because of the team we are signing (we've no idea how good they or anyone will be) but it's a completely transitional season. Completely unique circumstances and a brand new team and coach. It's a hell of a task.
Hockey is coming back. There are new faces to get us excited again, the management and ownership continue to be a class act and I can't wait to get back at it.

Are we able to re-sign the mental crowd in block 13 or are there some COVID reasons why we can't have them? Anyone know?

jenks33

Thread starter #527
There seems to be quite a few videos of him fighting, but not so many of him scoring.
Yeah not many videos showcasing his ability on YouTube. Very good CV tho. So I assume Dupont is Haddad’s replacement and I’m guessing Brodie Reid threw Dupont’s name in the mix when Haddad pulled out. It’s encouraging that Reid and Dupont played with each other in Austria. With Cox and Sanford + Reid and Dupont it will be good to have a few proven combinations

moggy#9

Yeah not many videos showcasing his ability on YouTube. Very good CV tho. So I assume Dupont is Haddad’s replacement and I’m guessing Brodie Reid threw Dupont’s name in the mix when Haddad pulled out. It’s encouraging that Reid and Dupont played with each other in Austria. With Cox and Sanford + Reid and Dupont it will be good to have a few proven combinations
I agree. The pre-existing combinations and the fact that we start a lot earlier than the rest will hopefully mean we can get a good start in domestic competition.

Ocko

My last comment on this is that without Haddad at Greenville Lordo would’ve had a harder time, a contract was always going to beat Cardiff’s for £........
No it absolutely wouldn’t. If you think playing in the ECHL earns more than being even an average EIHL player then you are very, very off the mark and have little knowledge of the ECHL - especially a team like Greenville. Haddad would’ve made a lot more money in the EIHL for sure.

ASHIPP

In the scheme of things I suppose it's irrelevant but it does seem very odd the suggestion (from article on club website) that Haddad decided to stay out in US because of the vaccine and quarantine regulations in UK. Surely the same set of circumstances applies to all our incoming North American players?

This is a guy who has given heart, soul, blood and sweat for 7 years at this Club, now deciding to renege his contract two weeks before returning? (particularly as the current Delta wave in US is very concerning) This place, this Club was his second home.

Very odd... although I think the whole crux of it has to be his Captaincy role at Rabbits and the fact that team had a successful season. There are some intangibles still in the UK of course.

It is going to be fantastic to finally watch our Team embark on a brand new era now... New players, new coach, new style.

rocketbob

In the scheme of things I suppose it's irrelevant but it does seem very odd the suggestion (from article on club website) that Haddad decided to stay out in US because of the vaccine and quarantine regulations in UK. Surely the same set of circumstances applies to all our incoming North American players?

This is a guy who has given heart, soul, blood and sweat for 7 years at this Club, now deciding to renege his contract two weeks before returning? (particularly as the current Delta wave in US is very concerning) This place, this Club was his second home.

Very odd... although I think the whole crux of it has to be his Captaincy role at Rabbits and the fact that team had a successful season. There are some intangibles still in the UK of course.

It is going to be fantastic to finally watch our Team embark on a brand new era now... New players, new coach, new style.
Maybe it is the worry about not being able get home easily should things turn really bad. Being able to get home by means under your control (i.e. car vs plane) may have been a factor. Whatever the reason I wish Joey the best and feel happy to have been able to see Joey play in the Devils jersey.

Finny

If thats the team imo we wont come close to giants.

Sorry for going on. I just think they will be too good
Giants’ first couple of signings were very impressive. Beskowany and Murphy have been two of the best players in league in recent years and Conway could be one of the best Brits.
If they’d carried on like that then yes I’d have them down to run away with the league, as well as smash the salary cap.

But their last couple of signings have been younger and less experienced. Whereas ours have been the opposite.

I was concerned after Super Saturday we might have too inexperienced a team but two proven goal scorers later and I’m really impressed with how we’re shaping up.
Still 2/3 signings still to come too.

Finny

Crandall and Reid’s signings suggest to me that Sandford will be switching back to Centre.

My prediction for forward lines is:
Import - Dixon - Reid
Cox - Sanford - Crandall
McNally - Lammon - Davies
Waller — Duggan

moggy#9

Crandall and Reid’s signings suggest to me that Sandford will be switching back to Centre.

My prediction for forward lines is:
Import - Dixon - Reid
Cox - Sanford - Crandall
McNally - Lammon - Davies
Waller — Duggan
That's a pretty decent looking line up. That 3rd line looks like it would be nasty to play against.

moggy#9

Giants’ first couple of signings were very impressive. Beskowany and Murphy have been two of the best players in league in recent years and Conway could be one of the best Brits.
If they’d carried on like that then yes I’d have them down to run away with the league, as well as smash the salary cap.

But their last couple of signings have been younger and less experienced. Whereas ours have been the opposite.

I was concerned after Super Saturday we might have too inexperienced a team but two proven goal scorers later and I’m really impressed with how we’re shaping up.
Still 2/3 signings still to come too.
I think that everyone is judging besky and Murphy on how they were a couple of years ago. I'm not convinced they'll be quite the same. Plus they're known quantities that can be planned for. This devils team though is going to be a real handful in terms of speed and physicality. I don't think anyone is going to initially quite know how to play against them or coach skalde's systems.

Finny

I really can’t see Darcy Murphy having the kind of season he did three? years ago.
He had another good season the year he left, finishing as one of the top goal scorers in the DEL2.
Last year his season was interrupted due to Covid but his goals to game was still impressive.

He’s a quality player suited to the EIHL and I’d be surprised if he’s not in the top 5 scorers again.