2021/22 Roster - Rumours/Predictions

Hockeymad

Hockeymad is really the right name for you buddy, we won’t come close to the Giants, they are too good Jesus you haven’t even seen there average team yet. How about a little side bet buddy £100 say the Devils finish higher than the Giants, winning money to go to the Marie Curie cancer hospice. Also why do you say we, who is your team, if it’s Devils what you smoking, if it’s Giants you have my sympathy.

My opininion is aloud

kingmo19.1

Hockeymad is really the right name for you buddy, we won’t come close to the Giants, they are too good Jesus you haven’t even seen there average team yet. How about a little side bet buddy £100 say the Devils finish higher than the Giants, winning money to go to the Marie Curie cancer hospice. Also why do you say we, who is your team, if it’s Devils what you smoking, if it’s Giants you have my sympathy.
Wow! A pre-season wager :).

Big pressure on HockeyMad to now front up!

jenks33

Thread starter #503
Yeah looks like that to me. When Lammon signed I didn't think he would be a first line centre, but when more pieces of the puzzle have been put together it looks likely. But those 2 top lines are interchangable, his line could be the 2nd.

If DuPont signs as well, that leaves us with one more import slot. Surely that would be the last defenseman. Can't see how Ben O'Connor fits in to all this really.
Strange one isn’t it. Register, Mikkelson, Richardson, Louis is very solid in my opinion. My worry is if we have signed O’Connor which O’Connor are we getting and how will Batch do on D. I still prefer him up front to be honest

Wannabe2

If we have signed O’Connor he will blossom in Cardiff, and be as good for Cardiff, as Cardiff will be for him. Can’t wait to see this awesome team, got a sneaky feeling some lush times ahead. Happy Hockey Days

Devil94

If we have signed O’Connor he will blossom in Cardiff, and be as good for Cardiff, as Cardiff will be for him. Can’t wait to see this awesome team, got a sneaky feeling some lush times ahead. Happy Hockey Days
I'm not doubting he would be a good signing. A British player of his quality don't come around often. Just can't work out how he fits in in terms of roster size, import numbers etc. And also with a salary cap this year, a premium Brit like him won't be cheap, in fact he would probably be on more money than most of the imports.

Wannabe2

I'm not doubting he would be a good signing. A British player of his quality don't come around often. Just can't work out how he fits in in terms of roster size, import numbers etc. And also with a salary cap this year, a premium Brit like him won't be cheap, in fact he would probably be on more money than most of the imports.
Think our Managment will know what’s a goer, and what’s a no no money wise, that’s if he has signed who knows.

ASHIPP

Good luck to Haddad, but we move on - just like we always have done. I just hope there’s not a thread detailing every game he plays for Greenville next season!
Spot on. The minute Lord made Haddad the Captain of his team, you could guess he wouldn't come back if the Rabbits had a good season. Clever move by Lord.

We actually now have a virtually new Devils'team to get excited about and support. No longer do we need to rely on updates of how former players are doing on far away teams to get our kicks!

It's a really exciting time of transition for our team, our Coach and our Club.

Jenks, from what I've been told, it is 19 players so teams will have to go with 11 forwards similar to what they do in the ECHL. We are also expected to stay to a defined salary cap, which we have done. These changes obviously made this year more challenging in our recruiting but it also was the small silver lining in the huge turnover our team has had. It's really difficult to negotiate salary reductions for returning players!

Given what we have all been through, making these changes in order to help out the smaller market clubs was a small price to pay to have a healthy 10 team league. Hope that helps!
Steve is it 14 imports this year or 13? Heard both, but nothing have confirmed anywhere.

E.D.S.

If thats the team imo we wont come close to giants.

Sorry for going on. I just think they will be too good
Very entitled to your own opinion.
No one ever won a thing on paper. Each year I always look at Steelers and Giants and think they’ve got a better team than us…. and yet we always do well, very well. All the big boys make big signings. It’s what happens.
I’ll wait until Christmas before I start commenting. Big job for Skalde no doubt but these are unprecedented times. Practically everyone has a new roster.

Mazzoak

I suppose it is a shame, but let’s not forget that the likes of Martin and Haddad in particular, after being offered contracts to return this year (we assume that anyway), have chosen to play elsewhere and not return. It wasn't the club's decision for them to leave. I’m not one for harking back either - if you decide to leave the club, it’s a case of thanks for everything and good luck for the future - but then you’re part of the history of the club and not it’s future. In the coming weeks and months, I’d rather give attention to those players who want to play for the Devils. And I desperately hope that next season, we don’t constantly comment on Lord and Haddad at the Swamp Rabbits, Martin at the Graz 99ers or any other team quite frankly. I may be in a minority here and a grumpy old buggar but I couldn’t give two hoots about any other team than the Cardiff Devils.
Absolutely agree, the hero worshipping is becoming a bit bland, if everyone is a hero, you simple dilute the true meaning for those who truly deserve it.

My last comment on this is that without Haddad at Greenville Lordo would’ve had a harder time, a contract was always going to beat Cardiff’s for £........

terry hunt

He’s very young as well. I’ve got no idea what kind of level Wyoming Seminary Prep is but it seems a lot to ask an 18 year old (with no top level experience) to fill in for us when needed. As you said he’s probably only coming to cardiff temporarily
One Steve Lyle 14yrs old when he played 1st choice goalie.?
Kept Frank Caprice out if i recall?.Different times i know but genes do count

terry hunt

Absolutely agree, the hero worshipping is becoming a bit bland, if everyone is a hero, you simple dilute the true meaning for those who truly deserve it.

My last comment on this is that without Haddad at Greenville Lordo would’ve had a harder time, a contract was always going to beat Cardiff’s for £........
If Joey needs a home for his dog my OH is keen

GAVIN

Spot on. The minute Lord made Haddad the Captain of his team, you could guess he wouldn't come back if the Rabbits had a good season. Clever move by Lord.

We actually now have a virtually new Devils'team to get excited about and support. No longer do we need to rely on updates of how former players are doing on far away teams to get our kicks!

It's a really exciting time of transition for our team, our Coach and our Club.
Just an idea... what if lord said to haddad ok whatever devils offer you, we offer you more? Your already over here so very little costs involved....

terry hunt

I have no problem with O'Connor even with his steelers pedigree.his dad has been a rock for Sheffield.
I am no expert but he was a class player but unfortunately his european spell was not good for him.He appeared to be lacking confidence when he came back.He didnt seem to fit with the Fox system but he did improve and looked to be more his old self in the world championship.I was surprised that he seemed out of favour at Sheffield .If he comes i agree with those on here who believe he could succeed at the Devils.

ASHIPP

I have no problem with O'Connor even with his steelers pedigree.his dad has been a rock for Sheffield.
I am no expert but he was a class player but unfortunately his european spell was not good for him.He appeared to be lacking confidence when he came back.He didnt seem to fit with the Fox system but he did improve and looked to be more his old self in the world championship.I was surprised that he seemed out of favour at Sheffield .If he comes i agree with those on here who believe he could succeed at the Devils.
Am I right in thinking that he is usually partnered with Richie at Team GB?He knows most of the British players here already.

Will Matthew (Myers) be one of our remaining announcements? A terrific face off expert who plays with grit, a leader, one of the top point scorers for Team GB at the World's....

NathanG

I can't wait to get a look at this team! Am I right in saying that the first game they'll play together will be in the Tatra Cup out in Slovakia in 2 weeks?