Devils Vs Blaze - League - 26th Nov 22 - 19:00 FO

Diablo3

I had hoped we would carry over the form from last weekend, but alas, that only lasted one period. Back to usual for the next two

Hedd Wyn John

Apart from the 1 goal the Devils just couldn't seem to find a way past the Blaze D, I've said if before and I'll say it again. We lack a big forward player who goes in and causes mayhem in front of goal. Time and time again their D forces our players out to the boards and that lack of big body player causing chaos is hurting us.

NathanG

Apart from the 1 goal the Devils just couldn't seem to find a way past the Blaze D, I've said if before and I'll say it again. We lack a big forward player who goes in and causes mayhem in front of goal. Time and time again their D forces our players out to the boards and that lack of big body player causing chaos is hurting us.
Like Matthew Myers used to do?

Wannabe2

Having a Defence just might help, we have conceeded 21 more goals than Steelers, in the same amount of games.

It tells you all you probably need to hear, when there is little, if any, physicality to the Devils play. No body finished a check this evening as far as I recall.

The Devils fighters this season (and I don’t think I’ve missed any - although I could be wrong) have been Brandt, Cox and Martin. Louis and Batch are either being kept on a very tight leash (for reasons I cannot begin to understand) or they simply don’t have the backs of their colleagues (which I simply wouldn’t choose to want to believe).

Brandt at least tried forechecking this evening, but got injured and after that there wasn’t a Devils forecheck.

Other problems include the state of the ice (CORRECTION) Slush, it is awful. How the Devils Managthink they can use their team’s assets, fast and skilful skaters on slush ice like they have, shows how little they understand about optimising any advantage you have of playing at home.

Fortress IAW, don’t make me laugh. It’s going to be a very mediocre season this year - there needs to be some changes and soon.

Some players are ‘stealing a wage’ when one sees the effort level they put in. (Playing for the name on the back on the jersey not the badge on the front). These are players that have proven previously that they can play at a very high level.

Ordinarily, when you have so many thing go wrong, one would usually go back to basics, but when you don’t know what your starting lines look like, it’s going to be more of an uphill struggle than it should be.

Like Matthew Myers used to do?
Quite agree, but even when we do put players to screen the goalie, they ALL, stand to the side of the goalie, so the goalie sees everything. We had about 6 Powerplays and we are SO predictable. Teams know we are never going to shoot from the top of the umbrella and we try to work the cross ice pass to the open side, for the shooter to fire at an empty net, but the ice is so shit, we can’t be sure the pass will be received well enough to be hit first time. Easily identifiable situations that have simple solutions, it only requires the situation to be recognised and then for the simple solution to be implemented - it really isn’t that difficult

moggy#9

I said a long time ago that employing dupointless as coach was a big mistake. The decision was made though. We're sticking with it. Criticism is apparently forbidden, and so, we'll finish mid table. I dare say that they'll turn up for the continental cup, then go back to sleep again.

Wannabe2

I said a long time ago that employing dupointless as coach was a big mistake. The decision was made though. We're sticking with it. Criticism is apparently forbidden, and so, we'll finish mid table. I dare say that they'll turn up for the continental cup, then go back to sleep again.
Well most of the crowd are close to going asleep watching this lot, it’s only the drums that are keeping them awake.

Diablo3

The ice was probably suffering from being relaid for the new sponsors. We did seem to skate better last weekend when the ice temperature was lowered to cope with the number of games.

We are currently playing like a 5th place team and I wonder if they have written off the league already.

Jonesy83

It doesn’t matter when Saturday night after Saturday night (and Sunday night) your putting on “Social Media” only 180 tickets left for (opposition name here) 2 days before the actual game.

They are making GOOD money regardless.

Devil94

A difference between last weekend and today was the opposition familiarity with us. Coventry knew how to stop us, especially on the PP as let's be honest it's been identical all year. Last week they didn't, for example leaving Brodie Reid all alone for a one timer.

Depends how you look at the Dupont situation. I'm hoping its a long term project, similar to Lord and Keefe, and hoping that Brodie learns and grows from adversities he's faced this year. The alternative is to either get another new young coach in from the league, or go for an unknown that's new to the league, which more often than not doesn't fit, like Skalde or Gary Graham.
Either way, it would leave us back at square 1 with another rebuild season after rebuild after rebuild. I'm hoping Dupont will be given 3 years to see what he can do and hopefully improve himself and the team. This is his first full time season after all. I don't see how you can build a culture and winning environment at your club if you keep changing the coach every year.

august04 2.0

A difference between last weekend and today was the opposition familiarity with us. Coventry knew how to stop us, especially on the PP as let's be honest it's been identical all year. Last week they didn't, for example leaving Brodie Reid all alone for a one timer.

Depends how you look at the Dupont situation. I'm hoping its a long term project, similar to Lord and Keefe, and hoping that Brodie learns and grows from adversities he's faced this year. The alternative is to either get another new young coach in from the league, or go for an unknown that's new to the league, which more often than not doesn't fit, like Skalde or Gary Graham.
Either way, it would leave us back at square 1 with another rebuild season after rebuild after rebuild. I'm hoping Dupont will be given 3 years to see what he can do and hopefully improve himself and the team. This is his first full time season after all. I don't see how you can build a culture and winning environment at your club if you keep changing the coach every year.
3 years of this shite?! No thanks.

Pleximan

It has been some time since I posted on here but I must say that this team is so poor this year. Weak netminding, the poorest set of Defencemen for years, too many small forwards and a serious lack if size and physicality. We struggle to hold the puck in the opposition zone, we struggle to get the puck out of our own zone, big players on the team that play non contact hockey, it's all so poor and predictable. Belfast and Sheffield are back in Cardiff soon, well we know what horror shows they will be, I think I will give those a miss. Sadly this is the worst team we have had in years, if we can't challenge for the trophies we would like to see plenty of passion but it looks like it's neither this year. As a long time season ticket holder and 30 year fan, I don't think I will be renewing my ticket next year. Just so so poor.