Devils Vs Blaze - League - 26th Nov 22 - 19:00 FO

Rempel16

Whilst I agree that the team in its current form and play style isn’t going to win the league, the league certainly isn’t done.

We’ve still to play all the big boys several times and if we can ignite the season asap then we still have a shot… needs a couple of tweaks to the personnel though as right now we just aren’t going to get there.

Samael

He or she stated D man or maybe 2, whatever, the season is done as far as the lge goes other top teams still flying and finding ways to win, not even a sign of them having a blip at the moment, Belfast still my tip for the lge
I want to see Guildford get the league this year, you're probably right about Belfast though. I predicted they would run out of gas and finish short, I also had us coming in first so just goes to show how bad I am at predicting form.

moggy#9

Other than the continental cup, which on paper appears to be between us and nitra (and may come down to who hosts), I don't really see us getting anything from this season. In fact I'd be doubtful of a place at play off finals weekend, or getting beyond the next round of the challenge cup.

I said a few weeks ago that I thought the Continental Cup represents our best chance of silverware this year and I am still of that opinion.
The playoffs are a bit of a lottery and remain the easiest trophy to win as luck plays a huge part over that weekend.
We need a complete 180deg shift in our league form against the teams above us in the table as since our win at Sheffield in the first league game of the season, a game where we were heavily outshot and their NM had a nightmare, conceding 3 goals in a total of just 12 shots faced, we have played the 'big boys' 5 times and lost them all!

I also think the league is beyond the capabilities of this team, a couple of changes could make a big difference, however I doubt we’ll see the changes necessary.

I believe Saturday’s game at Sheffield is massive and a must win game for us if we are to reverse the trend of losses but I also believe that we can win in Sheffield as we have a good record there in recent years.

I want to see the game against Dundee on Sunday as an opportunity to take 4 point weekend rather than an another exercise in papering over the cracks!

Onwards and Upwards!