Devils Vs Flames - League - 18th Feb 23 - 19:00 FO

august04 2.0

I think I posted that after the second period. I maintain it wasn’t a disaster at that stage. We weren’t great but I just thought McAdam was winning the battle of the goalies at that stage. Particularly the 2nd period. Very disappointing third period though, didn’t lay a glove really.
We were second best all night, by a long way.

Hedd Wyn John

Played a team tonight who have beaten the Devils 4 times this season at the IAW.
It's not rocket science to imagine that a good coach and his/her team would be analysing the reasons for those losses and working hard correcting team weaknesses.

Time to face facts that our team is simply not good enough this season. What's worrying is that they can probably see for themselves that the title will be beyond their reach now and the Playoffs are are really a lottery. Let's hope they at least have some fight left in them....see the season out with some grit, pride and entertainment.

....then hope for some obvious changes in the off season.
Forget the league and the playoffs tbh this team just aren't at the required level. At least last year we had Carruth who could make more saves than Microsoft Word to keep us in it. This year we are just weak right across the ice.

Wannabe2

God what a bloody boring game, we were unbelievably lousy tonight, disjointed is an understatement we were totally shit. The Jekyll and Hyde team appeared its ugly head big time tonight, we have such a lousy defence, netminding tonight was very poor, as for physicality give me the Cardiff Comets any day. When you leave the building with 8 mins to go, and can’t wait to get home something is wrong, dumped out of the cup, zero chance of the league, but thankfully after many many years I am giving the play off weekend a miss, I have forked out enough money on this second rate team. No one has the right to win games, but Jesus show some passion we have a 5ft 8in player who is the only one that can hit, and that’s disgraceful. We need a good import netminder, a decent coach, and a Minimum of 10 new faces. Normally I hate the off season, but even that would be a positive compared to tonight’s borefest

Few points from tonight:

1. Thompson should never wear a devils jersey again
2. Brodie Reid offered very little once again
3. Average netminding tonight
4. Crandall anonymous again
5. Lack of physicality once again deeply concerning

All in all, an utter shitshow and DuPont and Horn both need to leave. Time is up! Giants beat Clan 8-0 tonight also, shows what happens when you have the balls to make changes…
Spot on

MA18

We stunk the place out tonight , I honestly think the line Brittain, Reid and penny worst 3rd line in the league they offer nothing.Dont get me started on defense and goalie.Got be atleast 8 maybe more players out through the door.
Difficult to argue with that. I ‘like’ Brittain but hasn’t offered anywhere near enough.
Reid has been poor all season, if he’s not scoring he’s offering nothing. Missed a sitter again tonight and was his turn to snap a stick at the end.
Penny has been an empty uniform and waste of an import all season.

jenks33

We were second best all night, by a long way.
Put it this way, it was 1-2 with about 4 minutes left in the 2nd period and the momentum was with us and we looked the more threatening side. Then we conceded a very soft goal and that was the killer goal.
We weren’t great all night but you still need your goalie to be better than that.
In my opinion we’ve put in worse performances than that vs Guildford in the past 2 years and won. Carruth and an in form Kozun have won those games for us tho

august04 2.0

Put it this way, it was 1-2 with about 4 minutes left in the 2nd period and the momentum was with us and we looked the more threatening side. Then we conceded a very soft goal and that was the killer goal.
We weren’t great all night but you still need your goalie to be better than that.
In my opinion we’ve put in worse performances than that vs Guildford in the past 2 years and won. Carruth and an in form Kozun have won those games for us tho
I must have been watching a different game, sorry.

moggy#9

The way he was gasping it sounded like he was having a panic attack. There really is no excuse for starting a match flat. We hear the same excuses all the time from him. There bottom line is that he's out of his depth, but the real blame should be with those who put him in a position he obviously isn't ready for.

Second best all over the ice tonight!
Guildford are a good team, well coached and not afraid to mix it up!
Cardiff are none of those things!
We were never in this game and in all honesty the score could have been far worse.
Sadly, I can only comment on the first two periods as I didn’t stay for inevitable embarrassment of the 3rd period performance.
And as to who stays and who goes for next year, well I couldn’t give a monkey’s!

Rempel16

Where to start on that performance...

The team, prior to Fournier coming in, needed a change or two if they were to sustain any form of title challenge. Fournier brought a different dimension and it was blindingly obvious that once he left we'd need to fill that gap. I'm dismayed that we didn't make a signing before the deadline of someone in a similar mould.

The team played a foot taller with him in the line-up. Tonight, we got bullied all over the ice, and had no response to it. There's no fight in this team.

Aside from Martin, only the 4th line deserve any credit.

The second and third lines were completely shut down all night and every one of them looked like they'd rather be anywhere else.

All credit to the Flames, they used their sticks and any parts of their bodies / skates to ensure that they got something on our shots, they committed to protecting McAdam all night and made his job relatively simple.

I personally don't think Dupont is the issue. Half of the team are letting him down badly with lacklustre effort, going through the motions. So infuriating.... They're clearly sticking two fingers up to fans spending hard-earned money and precious time to watch them.

doron

DuPont's timing on when to pull the goalie. is a joke and it's not the first time he makes you scratch your head at his timing. also there's no emotion from him off the bench to motivate the players. there are a lot of players living on past reputations that no longer should keep their spot on the team. there's no motivation no hunger no desire and no hiding it we are lucky to be 4th spot

E.D.S.

God what a bloody boring game, we were unbelievably lousy tonight, disjointed is an understatement we were totally shit. The Jekyll and Hyde team appeared its ugly head big time tonight, we have such a lousy defence, netminding tonight was very poor, as for physicality give me the Cardiff Comets any day. When you leave the building with 8 mins to go, and can’t wait to get home something is wrong, dumped out of the cup, zero chance of the league, but thankfully after many many years I am giving the play off weekend a miss, I have forked out enough money on this second rate team. No one has the right to win games, but Jesus show some passion we have a 5ft 8in player who is the only one that can hit, and that’s disgraceful. We need a good import netminder, a decent coach, and a Minimum of 10 new faces. Normally I hate the off season, but even that would be a positive compared to tonight’s borefest
Agree. That 5ft something player does need a special mention again….. just gives his all. Give him the C or at least an A.

I thought we did well in the first and probably edged it. Some good possession but ultimately Flames got a stick in every lane and blocked every shot. Tired of seeing our chances flying high and wide. Why do our players look for the perfect finish? Every time we are out front with a shot close to the net they get the lob wedge out and sky it. At least force the goalie to save it and hope for a rebound. Reid is the worst culprit.
We look clueless and ill prepared. You have to wonder what DuPont works on in training, it certainly isn’t the powerplay. Our attack consists of one player trying to dipsy doodle his way to the net. In contrast the Flames are all over the place, dynamic, attacking with speed, multiple options. We look poorly coached.
This league is Belfasts but we shouldn’t be rolling over like we did tonight.

moggy#9

Where to start on that performance...

The team, prior to Fournier coming in, needed a change or two if they were to sustain any form of title challenge. Fournier brought a different dimension and it was blindingly obvious that once he left we'd need to fill that gap. I'm dismayed that we didn't make a signing before the deadline of someone in a similar mould.

The team played a foot taller with him in the line-up. Tonight, we got bullied all over the ice, and had no response to it. There's no fight in this team.

Aside from Martin, only the 4th line deserve any credit.

The second and third lines were completely shut down all night and every one of them looked like they'd rather be anywhere else.

All credit to the Flames, they used their sticks and any parts of their bodies / skates to ensure that they got something on our shots, they committed to protecting McAdam all night and made his job relatively simple.

I personally don't think Dupont is the issue. Half of the team are letting him down badly with lacklustre effort, going through the motions. So infuriating.... They're clearly sticking two fingers up to fans spending hard-earned money and precious time to watch them.
I disagree with you about Dupont. How I'd love to have someone with the passion of a lord, lawless or heavey who would hold this team to account.

Wannabe2

And you know Guildford didn’t stop skating, and you know it ain’t fair, and you know we didn’t get going, and you know much more than me, and you know that ain’t fair either.