Continental Cup

terry hunt

It seems almost like Guildford are the elite league's equivalent to Bracknell in the ISL. They perform at a fast higher level than anyone would expect, mainly due to the deep pockets of their owner. Their rink is limited, and their fans base relatively small. You have to imagine that they're vulnerable as a club.

BTW this isn't a dig at them or Bracknell. The Bees were a club that I had huge respect for. When I went there to write about a game they were wonderful, as was the case whenever I wanted to interview one of their players. I think it's an absolute disgrace that they no longer have a rink.
Agree 100% i loved going there superb fans and management.I believe the owner had enough of the treatment he got from the league.
We got a couple of cracking players from there.

Kevlar68

Great to see even if entry was by a very small back door.
Now all we need to do is sack off the Challenge Cup nonsense to save the players from expending lots of energy and maybe injuries on a ridiculous competition.
Good for revenue, crap format.

JC23

Its a fact, Mac spoke about it on Wallys podcast recently that Russell had been in contact with him
Wasn’t it that they almost got into it in the car park after a game in Germany? (As also mentioned on the David Imonti episode) rather than being contacted recently?

Swarley

Wasn’t it that they almost got into it in the car park after a game in Germany? (As also mentioned on the David Imonti episode) rather than being contacted recently?
Not sure what you're on about but from Wallys recent podcast episode with Mosey and Mac he confirmed that Russell had reached out to Mac.

I would give anything to have Mac come back between the pipes for the Devils but I can't see that happening.