Recent content by scottydoesntknow

1. S

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2016/17

We could have just signed Robert Farmer if we wanted a punchbag! :lol: I'm a little indifferent about this signing just because I don't know who will take our final roster spots yet when we desperately need toughness. He loses most fights, draws some and occasionally wins one - usually...
  2. S

2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

I would have responded to this signing news a lot better if we already had our toughness signed, so right now I'm indifferent, though you can't really be unhappy with a guy who's played 4 straight seasons in the AHL. Toughness is something we badly need, and I feel as though we have downgraded...
  3. S

Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All teams 2016/17

Re: Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All teams 2016/ Ulmer will be to Braehead what Ling was to Panthers! I am excited to see him play, having never had the pleasure of watching him first time round, though I can't say I'm overly bothered he's gone to Braehead. I did think he was...
  4. S

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2016/17

Potential signing of the summer I'm absolutely thrilled with this signing! - Not only does he have great stats, but the more I find out about him, the more I like him as a person/player and can't wait to see him in a devils uniform. With his assists and Doucets Goals, I could imagine them two...
  5. S

Unfortunately for Big Ern, fans aren't the ones who decide where he plays. Obviously he was with their organisation for a few years and did a great deal of charity and community work, plus being their tough guy, he was always going to be a popular figure amongst them. His contract with Anaheim...
  6. S

I have to echo that regarding Chris McAllister! He was absolutely fantastic, took no messing whatsoever and made players think twice before they even crossed the blue line. Was always gutted that we had never signed him! I think that him and Craig Weller were two of the best defencemen I have...
  7. S

Will has signed with a top EPL team. Great move for him as no one can doubt that he was a little wasted as a backup netminder in the EIHL. Sad to see him go, but glad he's leaving to better himself.
  8. S

Matt AND Joe to return...? ;)
  9. S

Giants v Devils - Wed 16th @ 19:00 - Chat/Updates

We can't blame the result tonight on Darnell! Just to put everything into perspective, we have totally bottled it! WE HAVE LOST 6 OF OUR LAST 9 GAMES!! -which have included a cup final and the crucial run in for the league. We're now relying on Nottingham to do us a favour, while praying we...
  10. S

Devils Vs Capitals - Sunday 31st - 6pm- Chatter

Wow, credit to the capitals, they gave us a game despite being real short ...and I just want to add in how impressed I've been with Emmerson - Despite everything thats happened with Edinburgh losing players and such, he's still got them all battling away, also broke his arm playing for Capitals...
  11. S

DEVILS @ BELFAST- 23rd December 2015- 7:00PM Chat / Updates

Re: DEVILS @ BELFAST- 23rd December 2015- 7:00PM Chat / Upda For the statos out there and anyone else who may be interested... Having done a bit of research and totaled the amount of home/away wins/losses and noted the conference per win/loss (cup+league) there really isn't much between ours...
  12. S

Re: DEVILS @ BELFAST- 23rd December 2015- 7:00PM Chat / Upda I agree with that to an extent, but I held back a little bit with fear of being branded a negative poster who only posts when we lose: For me the frustrating thing is that I don't feel as though I've seen this team play to it's...
  13. S

Re: DEVILS @ BELFAST- 23rd December 2015- 7:00PM Chat / Upda My assessments so far... Good points Bowns has been absolutely fantastic this year - I'm scared within a year or two we'll lose him to another league. It's scary how good he is getting. Hervato is a gem - never noticed him until he...
  14. S

Steelers Vs Devils 18/11 @ 19.30 - League - Chat/Updates

Sounds like a great effort by the Steelers D tonight, however if we're serious about the league, it's exactly these type of games we need to be winning. These games are where we need players like Salters to take by the scruff of the neck! I know there's an awesome hockey player in there, but...