2024/2025 season ticket

Diafol

I seriously think it'll be webcasts on a Saturday for me from now on, with a Sunday trip down to the Cardiff Fire for a tenner for a live hockey fix.
Problem solved.

Hedd Wyn John

I hate Saturday games.
By the end of this season we'll have missed 8 or 9.
By my calculations, if I do that again next season I'm about £300 down in total which is the cost of 20 webcasts.
Being a "plastic armchair fan" is looking more and more like an attractive prospect.
They club makes more money on Saturdays, whether it's higher ticket sales and more beer sales. It's basically a numbers game.

James

Administrator
More Saturday games has led me to missing more games. I've not minded too much as it kinda works out the same as paying weekly and I know in the past the club has needed ST money. Its mostly about keeping my seat. I could however put the money that would otherwise go on the DD into a separate account for buying tickets with, not have to go to so many totally pointless CC games unless I fancied it and not miss out when I can't make a game anyway. Does that make me a bad fan? I'd be a bad fan who saves loads of money.

TL91

Appreciate the concern around the seniors/disabled increase and it’ll be interesting to see what comes of this. As a general though, I personally aren’t that bothered about the price increases - it was always to be expected and whilst we can focus on extra income, what needs to be considered is the potentially higher wages (we all know about the last year or so and strikes, etc. over wage increases in genera), rental cost increases and running cost increases - that needs to come from somewhere. If it doesn’t, savings will have to be made, likely on the player side and then we definitely won’t have a chance. So as a supporter it’s what would you rather? A nominal increase in ticket price or keep the same and cement ourselves as a middle of the road team? A previous calculation was circa £3k a week turnover increase - really not a massive amount when thinking of that cost going into things like wages and accommodation. Unfortunately it’s the world we live in now whether it be what we must have (gas, electric, etc.) and our vices (beer, devils, etc.).

Wannabe2

Appreciate the concern around the seniors/disabled increase and it’ll be interesting to see what comes of this. As a general though, I personally aren’t that bothered about the price increases - it was always to be expected and whilst we can focus on extra income, what needs to be considered is the potentially higher wages (we all know about the last year or so and strikes, etc. over wage increases in genera), rental cost increases and running cost increases - that needs to come from somewhere. If it doesn’t, savings will have to be made, likely on the player side and then we definitely won’t have a chance. So as a supporter it’s what would you rather? A nominal increase in ticket price or keep the same and cement ourselves as a middle of the road team? A previous calculation was circa £3k a week turnover increase - really not a massive amount when thinking of that cost going into things like wages and accommodation. Unfortunately it’s the world we live in now whether it be what we must have (gas, electric, etc.) and our vices (beer, devils, etc.).
People have already written many times they don’t have a problem with a price increase, if the club said all tickets will be going up 10/11 % across the board then woopy doo, we need to be competitive on the ice. But to DISCRIMINATE against Seniors and disabled then that’s really not on. To many people who have been going a long time and love this club the Devils are a part of their family and play a huge part in their life, to then be put in a position that you feel your being squeezed out and not wanted, then that feels to many like a family bereavement. When our amazing owners came along everyone felt like they were being given their club back, but this latest news people are feeling like it’s now being taken away again, and that sucks. Not everyone post on here but believe me many people are truly cheesed off with this discrimination.

BostonBart22

Anyone think this is a good idea, buy a season tkt for 27 lge games plus 2 free ones, mine would work out, 540.00 a season plus 2 free ones = 500.00 = 41.66 month that's 41p a month more for me..and if anyone wants to see a cc game it's up to the individual , I would take in 3 games cash 10.00 a game ..thought on a postage stamp ...lol

moggy#9

As someone else mentioned, it's pretty much a supply and demand thing. Add to that the need to keep up with the Steelers and, failing an absolutely massive sponsor turning up, prices are bound to go up. The only way around this is if Todd can magically produce another 3000 seats of extra capacity (and I'm not even sure the gantry can manage that). If you want access to devils hockey to stay affordable you should be hoping that a deal can be done with the new Cardiff arena - which I doubt very much will be a possibility.

BostonBart22

People have already written many times they don’t have a problem with a price increase, if the club said all tickets will be going up 10/11 % across the board then woopy doo, we need to be competitive on the ice. But to DISCRIMINATE against Seniors and disabled then that’s really not on. To many people who have been going a long time and love this club the Devils are a part of their family and play a huge part in their life, to then be put in a position that you feel your being squeezed out and not wanted, then that feels to many like a family bereavement. When our amazing owners came along everyone felt like they were being given their club back, but this latest news people are feeling like it’s now being taken away again, and that sucks. Not everyone post on here but believe me many people are truly cheesed off with this discrimination.
Firmly believe they are looking for a younger age group, to carry the flag when us oldies are gone, perhaps they been looking at the walk up tkt fans and trying to establish what age group they are in..just saying

Devils86

[Long Ramble!] If there's a drop in ST numbers you'd guess that those fans wouldn't walk away completely - instead go to games when they wanted, but still plenty of games a season plus webcasts. Devils lose that extra income for CC early season games which means they need to fill the seats with groups - brownies, football teams etc - kids groups don't drink but they do buy sweets/pop and lower price merch like pucks and will play chuck a puck....

All the things (above) that have maybe taken a hit in the last year due to price rises and logo changes....if the STH aren't buying stuff then maybe other fans will. Plus you get one or two kids in that group who enjoy and want to go back then maybe you get a whole new family attending - and who knows maybe new STHs in a few years' time...

Cyclical. There are plenty of fans online who aren't at this point in the cycle and are just signing up for their first ST or eagerly renewing...

When we are selling out game after game the demand appears to outstrip supply, the price rises (due to energy costs im sure) can be justified because the sell outs will likely continue - only if the numbers drop will anything be looked at again. All hail the almighty dollar lol

However I'm fully onside with Wannabe et al regarding the different rises to different categories - presumably some maths was done to make the budget work - but the PR side of it wasn't considered or it was hoped it wouldn't be picked up on.

On a more general note I'm in the boat with many who will have to consider whether I want to carry on as a STH. A tenner extra a month for two silvers isn't a deal breaker in itself, but ditching and having £90 a month extra is not to be sniffed at.

Would be an easier decision to continue if I hadn't felt regularly that whilst I pay every month, the team don't turn up regularly....we are seeing better performances at the final run in and when ST renewal is due...plus the people I sit near are great (the buggers!), which makes it more difficult to just drop in to games ad-hoc and not see them regularly...

Earnie

Maybe us posters should Identify ourselves a little bit so we get an idea of ages amongst regular posters. e.g. S for senior.
I recall when we started at IAW we were invited in according to ‘the list’ and we selected our season ticket location. Initially at that time there was no reduction whatsoever for Seniors. We created a bit of a fuss and the reduction for seniors was applied.
S

TL91

I said in my post that it’ll be interesting what gets said about it. There does seem a number questioning the price rises in general across the board - that was what my post was aimed at. I agree either all should be the same per category or there or there abouts.

SteveKing

Hey everybody. I don’t want this to sound like a cop out but the four of us here do not get involved in pricing decisions. I’m currently out of the country but I’ll do my best to try and get some colour on the pricing changes over the coming days. One thing I can assure you of is that there was no message or targeting of seniors/disabled. I can also say that with essentially no price increases last year in a high inflation world, it looks to me like Todd has worked very hard to maintain affordability while also trying to keep our player budget competitive.

Never an easy balance unfortunately.

I can't help wondering if this is just the first phase of getting rid of concessions all together, just getting the margins closer year on year. The league tried it at playoffs a couple of years ago and ended up with a half empty arena that they had to hide with black curtains from the tv cameras.
This is either a logical progression to get every seat paying full price to enable them to compete or just a greedy cash grab. They have put up food, beer, 50 50, SOHB, car park, jersey prices, booking fees, just everything. This is the last place to go before cutting on ice budgets

Hey everybody. I don’t want this to sound like a cop out but the four of us here do not get involved in pricing decisions. I’m currently out of the country but I’ll do my best to try and get some colour on the pricing changes over the coming days. One thing I can assure you of is that there was no message or targeting of seniors/disabled. I can also say that with essentially no price increases last year in a high inflation world, it looks to me like Todd has worked very hard to maintain affordability while also trying to keep our player budget competitive.

Never an easy balance unfortunately.
Not easy, but it must be fair the same percentage rise across the board, otherwise, it looks like it is targeting seniors/disabled