2024/2025 season ticket

Wannabe2

Think they are hoping seniors will go away!

Lets face it we’re opinionated, we complain about the price of the beer, we complain about the toilets, we complain when we don’t feel entertained and we get in cheap but most of all, we don’t buy merch!

All tongue in cheek of course!
1. We moan because we care.
2. Loyalty at one time was supposed to be a two way thing.
3. Opinionated it would be bloody boring without opinions.
4. Walk ups easily walk away.
5. Real fans stick thru thick and thin.
6. Together we are strong, divided we are weak.

1. We moan because we care.
2. Loyalty at one time was supposed to be a two way thing.
3. Opinionated it would be bloody boring without opinions.
4. Walk ups easily walk away.
5. Real fans stick thru thick and thin.
6. Together we are strong, divided we are weak.
Some moan because they feel 'entitled'.

RedDevil17

Genuinely considering not renewing next season and I never thought those words would come out of my mouth. An increase in price which to some is quite frankly insulting coupled by another season of non contact, boring Pete Russell style of hockey...:rolleyes:

rolf

I am not trying to belittle any of your arguments here and nor do I want to enter into a who is most hard done by comparison either. I would just like to give another perspective to consider is all. I now live in Edmonton Alberta and within a 5 minute drive of Rogers Place, home of the oilers. Ice hockey heaven, great club, history and current roster recently bolstered by addition of the worm Corey Perry the man who put the shit into shithousery. You would think right? Not exactly. The cost of lower bowl tickets from box office if you can get them start at $300 canadian. This is not for walk ups the same week, no it is for what have you got available? Teams like Ducks, Coyotes, Sharks or similar busted flush teams. Blackhawks were on that list until they got Connor Bedard.....so I have been here almost 2 years and only ever watched Arizona/Phoenix Coyotes and twice only. Great night out and theatre at its best but a once a year treat to watch NHL version of Fife Flyers...... Alternatives I have now are a$92 monthly subscription to Sportsnet or visit to my local sportsbar for food and drinks obviously. Given that they play almost every other night, give or take ,means a lot of bar hopping at expense to both pocket and marriage. I now have sportsnet and a wife that is only marginally less grumpy to have me home at night than in the bar because she gets a very regular night of hockey which she doesn't like and no real tv for her......

I held devils season tickets back in the day (in all 3 arenas) and I would urge no knee jerk reactions to this possible pricing oversight because I guess you may never be able to go back afterwards. If somebody else takes your seat it could be gone forever. I am an old fart too, not sure how many more coherent seasons are left in me and I have learned you just cannot trust them folk from Calgary, and also never to say never.

Devils86

I am not trying to belittle any of your arguments here and nor do I want to enter into a who is most hard done by comparison either. I would just like to give another perspective to consider is all. I now live in Edmonton Alberta and within a 5 minute drive of Rogers Place, home of the oilers. Ice hockey heaven, great club, history and current roster recently bolstered by addition of the worm Corey Perry the man who put the shit into shithousery. You would think right? Not exactly. The cost of lower bowl tickets from box office if you can get them start at $300 canadian. This is not for walk ups the same week, no it is for what have you got available? Teams like Ducks, Coyotes, Sharks or similar busted flush teams. Blackhawks were on that list until they got Connor Bedard.....so I have been here almost 2 years and only ever watched Arizona/Phoenix Coyotes and twice only. Great night out and theatre at its best but a once a year treat to watch NHL version of Fife Flyers...... Alternatives I have now are a$92 monthly subscription to Sportsnet or visit to my local sportsbar for food and drinks obviously. Given that they play almost every other night, give or take ,means a lot of bar hopping at expense to both pocket and marriage. I now have sportsnet and a wife that is only marginally less grumpy to have me home at night than in the bar because she gets a very regular night of hockey which she doesn't like and no real tv for her......

I held devils season tickets back in the day (in all 3 arenas) and I would urge no knee jerk reactions to this possible pricing oversight because I guess you may never be able to go back afterwards. If somebody else takes your seat it could be gone forever. I am an old fart too, not sure how many more coherent seasons are left in me and I have learned you just cannot trust them folk from Calgary, and also never to say never.
Edmonton...isn't that a bit....orange? Urgh
LOL

But yes, we do need to appreciate what we have. But not so much as to be taken for granted. My unrequested advice would be to find a way back to South Wales ;)

Right guys, the reason the seniors/disabled prices have been raised is because the club wants everyone ie Adults & Senior or Disabled people to be inline with the same discount, so to do this the seniors/disabled people need to pay more

E.D.S.

I get the frustration but it does feel uncomfortable when accusations get thrown around about the ownership/management group. I just can’t imagine a scenario where they are all sat around the boardroom saying “let’s hike up prices. It doesn’t matter if longstanding fans don’t renew, we’ve got loads of others waiting in the wings”. Just isn’t true of this group of people. They’ve proven to be solid gold when it comes to the Team and the club set up.
Whatever the price change it still comes down to two things 1) affordability and 2) value. Can I afford it and does it represent good value? It’s purely a personal choice. I’m sure there’s a rationale behind the concession season tickets. Hopefully it’s just an oversight that can be corrected.

I get the frustration but it does feel uncomfortable when accusations get thrown around about the ownership/management group. I just can’t imagine a scenario where they are all sat around the boardroom saying “let’s hike up prices. It doesn’t matter if longstanding fans don’t renew, we’ve got loads of others waiting in the wings”. Just isn’t true of this group of people. They’ve proven to be solid gold when it comes to the Team and the club set up.
Whatever the price change it still comes down to two things 1) affordability and 2) value. Can I afford it and does it represent good value? It’s purely a personal choice. I’m sure there’s a rationale behind the concession season tickets. Hopefully it’s just an oversight that can be corrected.
Re your penultimate sentence, I think that's what most fans are looking for - some transparency as to the rationale for the increases.

Like I said it’s to do with the club wanting the Adult/Senior/Disabled to be all having the same saving per game
Ah, is it a quirk created by the increased booking fee on individual tickets?

"Your season ticket is the equivalent of getting 5 free games"

If the season ticket is a fixed fee irrespective of the ticket type purchased then the lower ticket price for seniors / disabled might have worked out as 'equivalent' of six free games. I haven't crunched the numbers but they seem to be in that ballpark. The differential in absolute £GBP seems to be the equivalent of one match night ticket.

EDIT

I get it now. I had a look at silver prices

(Match night price plus booking) x 32 minus ST price =£120 for adults and seniors etc.

Thanks @Breakdown

Last edited: