Search results

1. Mark666

In a nutshell - apologies

Firstly, I'm sorry, I know this is lazy. I'm a long time Devils fan but life, work and the Atlantic have come between me and my beloved team in the last couple of seasons. I've been following their exploits and enjoying the odd web stream and MNL but the last few weeks events seem to have...
  2. Mark666

Goalies

Just noticed Whitley has retired and ive heard Joe is off to pastures new (apparently, do we know if that is true yet?). We're landing some great Brit outfield players so can we afford an import netty? Or will we see another home coming hero this off season (Lyle or Craze)? Any ideas...
  3. Mark666

Cardiff Devils vs Chicago Blackhawks

I've forgotten the exact details of the Devils' World Record. Are the Blackhawks likely to threaten it? Blackhawks have a point in 24 straight games so far this season (30 if you count the end of the last regular season) which is pretty good going.
  4. Mark666

Deeds runs with the Wolfpack?

Have I read right on twitter that Deeds has won a call up to the Chicago Wolves of the AHL? He's 4+3 in 9 games for the Col Eagles (plus 45 pen minutes) so I guess he's caught some peoples eye and the Wolves have had quite a few injuries and call ups in the last month. Wolves are big on the...
  5. Mark666

GB Squad Announced

12 hours late from what I was expecting but here it is, the 32 man preliminary squad. Ben Bowns (Hull Stingrays) David Clarke (Nottingham Panthers) Russ Cowley (Coventry Blaze) Ben Davies (Cardiff Devils) Matthew Davies (Hull Stingrays) Robert Dowd (Troja- Ljungby) Robert Farmer (Braehead Clan)...
  6. Mark666

Kids Game

An idea stolen from a Chicago Wolves game I watched on telly before Chirstmas. The game was Wednesday lunch time just before the christmas hols and was played in front of a crowd of 6,000 odd school kids (i guess 8-16ish) bussed in. The older kids who were interested in journalism were given...
  7. Mark666

Danny Taylor

http://www.abbotsfordheat.com/team/roster/?player_id=45 I was watching Chicago Wolves vs Abbotsford Heat yesterday and they mentioned Danny Taylor has the best netminding stats in the AHL and he's from England but grew up mostly in Ontario. Would be count as an import? Fair play, theres not...
  8. Mark666

Congratulations Dr Piggot

Just seen he's past his final exam. What an epic achievement to have done all that plus made it to the top level of UK hockey. Top man and an inspiration.
  9. Mark666

NHL Lockout

Talk this side of the pond is that a NHL lockout is looking increasingly likely, possibly until christmas or maybe longer. If that happened to you think the league might let teams carry an extra import (just for the period of the lockout)? These guys are going to want to keep playing and I'm...
  10. Mark666

Devils shirt washing instructions

I can't find the wash label in my 25th anniversary shirt. Anyone know how to get it looking its best for next season? I'm thinking the standard 40 degrees but I don't want to shrink it (or make the white bits pink!). #dumbquestion Thanks guys!
  11. Mark666

Why Kazakhstan?

With Farmer joining the small but significant number of Brits heading to Kazakhstan I'm wondering what they are offering over there and what state the hockey is in? I know its very much a country on the up with oil money and post-soviet optimism rather than the dusty, donkey hating place of...
  12. Mark666

Piggott signs for Devils

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/devil ... or-devils/ Happy days. 'The Dr' is back. Another key Brit for the future of the club and a great advertisement for the ENL system.
  13. Mark666

Anyone here been to an NHL game?

I really want to see an NHL game but I had a quick look online and tickets to the Blackhawks game came up at over $500! And they say the Premier Leauge is expensive... Please tell me I've done something wrong.
  14. Mark666

Team GB & the Worlds

I'm struggling to get much info about this. The IIHF app is quite good but I'm not sure what time zone its using. Apparently GB are on at 12 today, I don't know what time that works out as in the UK. Also, I saw a link to a free stream on Twitter but I can't find it now. If someone's got the...
  15. Mark666

Playoff tshirts

After the positive feedback from last year's designs I posted on here I spent the last 12 months promising myself I'd be really organised and sort them out for this year's playoffs really early. It didn't happen... Instead I have set up a virtual shop on a site I was reccomended. 24 hr delivery...
  16. Mark666

Devils in Boulders @12:30 today (Wed) for Sport Relief

The Devils are helping raise money/awareness for the Sport Relief charity by teaming up to climb a mile at Boulders climbing centre in Cardiff today. Its just off Newport Road and does excellent coffee and cakes if you want to show your support for the lads. St Catherine’s Business Park...
  17. Mark666

Stars withdraw from ENL1

As it says in the title really. Bad times. Story linked bellow. In short, coach replaced on the 27th on grounds of (increasingly) poor results but then half the squad resigned so they couldn't continue. I'm assuming they'll be back next season but it doesn't say. Any ideas how this effects...
  18. Mark666

Recruitment company (Stu's sponsor?)

Whats the name of the recruitment company that sponsor Stu? (i think its Stu) I'm looking for a job or some temping at the mo and I thought I'd start with a Devils affiliated company. Thanks
  19. Mark666

Red out the Rink - Tips

Just been in town, Primark have very fashionable all-in-one red devil outfits (with horns and tail) for £12 and santa suits for £8. All very red and ideal for Friday!
  20. Mark666

Groupon tickets for tonights game.

Have they sent out physical tickets or do you just take your Groupon printout and collect on the door? I can't find any tickets in my house but that dosen't mean they never sent me any. :?