2011/12 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

Hopefully Voth is back next season.. He has not been as noticeable in Belfast the last few season compared to before, but I think he could thrive next season with the lack of true heavyweights in the league.. He would probable be the toughest guy next year, along with King and Lepine..

A very good transitional offensive D man, skates well and keeps his head up. Dosent seem to be the stay at home D man that shuff fans were looking for though. IMO if Burgoyne goes to shuff they will need a rock solid stay at home D man which dont come ceap.

Coventry and Shuff both look weak at the back this season, whilst nottingham have only 1 offensive D man, strange times.

Rempel16 said:
Hmm good point Jester,

Surely 2012 isn't year of the Panther?

Hope not too late to edit but also Hull dont look great at the back either. The panthers problems may come if CN is in the box or injured they dont have any offence from their D.

As for the Giants we have two offensive D men and a stay at home one also Walton. If the rumours are true Gleed may be back and if you throw in "the elf" who can play D or F we are shaping up nicely :cool:

Skippy

jester said:
Hope not too late to edit but also Hull dont look great at the back either. The panthers problems may come if CN is in the box or injured they dont have any offence from their D.
Corey in the box as a result of poorly thought out and badly timed cynical penalty ? That couldn't happen surely :D

ASHIPP

Wannabe2 said:
Burgoyne looked a good player when he was at the Giants, also pretty tough, not as good as the original Burgoyne mind you. :lol:
Mike Burgoyne is an excellent player...I believe he was linked in rumours to the Devils last Summer, and also this Summer. A player a lot of teams and their fans would love on the roster.
But G has secured Kenton as the Devils' main offensive threat on D again this year. :cool: :D

osh

Re: Isn't anyone still concerned!?

Lucas69 said:
That the Devils may still yet be homeless in December!?

very much so, but haven't you been reading this forum ?? You must only post
+++ positive things and not anything that may be deemed negative!! :lol: ;)

Skippy

osh said:
very much so, but haven't you been reading this forum ?? You must only post
+++ positive things and not anything that may be deemed negative!! :lol: ;)

Odd when you consider that we mainly get criticism for being negative and seeing the downside of things.

Lucas69 said:
Have to say no, I'm sure something will be worked out between CC and Planet Ice although there might be a little more posturing to come before a deal is sorted!

Lucas69 said:
Come on Lucas, you know as well as I do that Petrouis isn't going to lose that revenue stream, he is going to try and cling on to it. I don't believe he was ever actually going to build his Skydome in a box and it was allways the intention to keep that tent there as long as possible. Income for no capital investment he will take it every time, hell if you look at their other facilities its pretty much the MO

Wannabe2

phil PLT said:
Lucas69 said:
Have to say no, I'm sure something will be worked out between CC and Planet Ice although there might be a little more posturing to come before a deal is sorted!
Stop being positive Phil, its just not on. Behave yourself for heavens sake next thing you will be saying we will have a competitive team out next season, knock it off mate. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The fact that good players that know the situation in Cardiff well, as well as new import players are signing during this time, makes me pretty confident that things will be fine, but to balance up my positive opinion, I guess the threat does still remain.
I guess none of this is rumour either, however it is speculation so its almost on topic.

Wannabe2

Mandeville said:
The fact that good players that know the situation in Cardiff well, as well as new import players are signing during this time, makes me pretty confident that things will be fine, but to balance up my positive opinion, I guess the threat does still remain.
I guess none of this is rumour either, however it is speculation so its almost on topic.
We will be fine . ;)