2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

fridaysfingers

drummer-sean said:
Owen Nolan to Belfast

Chris Bruton back to Braehead

Finnerty to Telford as player coach

Wayne Gretzky to take over the Edinburgh Capitals in partnership with his old camp mate, Tony Hand

Jeff Ulmer to Nottingham.

Clangus to Fife in the blockbuster deal of the summer.

Tony didn't come across as camp to me, maybe you're thinking of Paul?

Slartibartfast

Sounds like a goodbye statement from Kurka. He tweeted this :-

tomas kurka ‏@tomaskurka91 3h3 hours ago
Big Thanks to @KateKurka for supporting me all season . Also thank you @cardiffdevils to give me opportunity to be part of great Team

Well if it's true and Kurkka leaves I would like to know his replacement because this guy is by far our best and skill full forward.

If we want to improve next season we keep these kind of players not lose them :(

Tad-cu

Slartibartfast said:

Big Thanks to @KateKurka for supporting me all season . Also thank you @cardiffdevils to give me opportunity to be part of great Team
If you're correct and that's how he says goodbye, it's not looking great for his Mrs either!

Tad-cu

Kurka to Sheffield was one of the rumours doing the rounds this weekend, as was Salters to retire because of his knees and Hotham to go to a higher standard league.

This is what I heard off a bloke in a pub/woman in Costas.

pjj365

It is time for the Devils to step up to the plate

Phoenix fans on loan to Storm are excited because they will have a new arena in 3 years time

It is being built by Greenbank - we need to let them down gently but disabuse them

ASHIPP

Rumours on the Cage:

Batchy to Panthers

Batchy and Carl Hudson to Giants

Davey Philips to Giants

Lloyd/Peacock to Devils

zoesdevil

Tad-cu said:
Slartibartfast said:

If you're correct and that's how he says goodbye, it's not looking great for his Mrs either!
:lol: :lol: :lol: I love this!!

zoesdevil

Tad-cu said:
Kurka to Sheffield was one of the rumours doing the rounds this weekend, as was Salters to retire because of his knees and Hotham to go to a higher standard league.

I just hope scouts from a higher league weren't watching Hotham the last 2 months of season, as he was pish in defence, same as last season at the end!!

august04

Tad-cu said:

Hotham to a higher standard league? He'll be lucky based on his form since Christmas. How he won best D man in the EIHL, I'll never know. They must have just looked at his points production. He's not even the best D man at the Devils. I'm not suggesting we get rid of them all but at the end of the day, all the imports are replaceable, end of - and we need new blood to add a much needed physical element to our game. We have to keep the key Brits though (Bowns, Richardson & Batch) - that's imperative, and hopefully add one or two more Brit forwards.

zoesdevil

august04 said:
Tad-cu said:

Hotham to a higher standard league? He'll be lucky based on his form since Christmas. How he won best D man in the EIHL, I'll never know. They must have just looked at his points production. He's not even the best D man at the Devils. I'm not suggesting we get rid of them all but at the end of the day, all the imports are replaceable, end of - and we need new blood to add a much needed physical element to our game. We have to keep the key Brits though (Bowns, Richardson & Batch) - that's imperative, and hopefully add one or two more Brit forwards.
Agreed, for me Richie, Batchy & Hendo have been better defensively for us!