2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

ASHIPP

Doc97 said:
You heard it here first...

This guy shall be playing for the Devils next season. My sources are highly accurate.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=10323

Doc.
Sorry Doc but this surely must be treated with a pinch of salt! Pipe dreams! This player is still very much right at the top of his career abroad....in a top, top league And look how long he's been there - very settled. He is also American.... thought our organisation preferred Canadian developed players and dual nationals.

Milky

august04 said:
Tad-cu said:
Kurka to Sheffield was one of the rumours doing the rounds this weekend, as was Salters to retire because of his knees and Hotham to go to a higher standard league.

This is what I heard off a bloke in a pub/woman in Costas.
Hotham to a higher standard league? He'll be lucky based on his form since Christmas. How he won best D man in the EIHL, I'll never know. They must have just looked at his points production. He's not even the best D man at the Devils. I'm not suggesting we get rid of them all but at the end of the day, all the imports are replaceable, end of - and we need new blood to add a much needed physical element to our game. We have to keep the key Brits though (Bowns, Richardson & Batch) - that's imperative, and hopefully add one or two more Brit forwards.
+1

he didn't get an overseas deal last summer and he had a much better season last year.

When on form he is brilliant. Would love to work out what's happened post January.

jimmy snels

ASHIPP said:
Doc97 said:

This guy shall be playing for the Devils next season. My sources are highly accurate.

Doc.
Sorry Doc but this surely must be treated with a pinch of salt! Pipe dreams! This player is still very much right at the top of his career abroad....in a top, top league And look how long he's been there - very settled. He is also American.... thought our organisation preferred Canadian developed players and dual nationals.
Would be an amazing signing and looks like he's a leader as well. Type of guy we need on D in my honest opinion. Might not get him but that's a random guy to throw on the rumours thread so i love it already!

jimmy snels

zoesdevil said:
Bissonnette to the Devils!!!
Bissonnette: I was never one of those people who thought, 'Oh, the American league?' Man, I went and played in Cardiff [of the Elite Ice Hockey League] during the [2012] lockout. That league, you could basically call it an organized beer league. It's progressively getting better. They're signing more guys and paying a little bit more.

A recent interview with him. Must say it doesn't sound like he's too keen! :oops:

Mooney#16

jimmy snels said:
ASHIPP said:
Doc97 said:

Doc.
Would be an amazing signing and looks like he's a leader as well. Type of guy we need on D in my honest opinion. Might not get him but that's a random guy to throw on the rumours thread so i love it already!
I'd agree it far fetched but he is a Harvard grad so with money plus a uni deal at his age it might not be quite so off the wall.

jimmy snels

Played with jon pelle at university who joined us on a uni deal if i remember rightly. Hopefully the little snipey fella put in a good word!
Ah jon pelle, retired far to early! Absolutely lethal in front of goal :D

august04

jimmy snels said:
zoesdevil said:
Bissonnette to the Devils!!!
Bissonnette: I was never one of those people who thought, 'Oh, the American league?' Man, I went and played in Cardiff [of the Elite Ice Hockey League] during the [2012] lockout. That league, you could basically call it an organized beer league. It's progressively getting better. They're signing more guys and paying a little bit more.

A recent interview with him. Must say it doesn't sound like he's too keen! :oops:
Yes he's a great character and I'd still love to see him at the Devils but it's been a few years since the lockout and he hasn't played that many minutes since then, with lack of ice time etc. This season he's been out since mid Feb I think with injury, and still not back. With the improved EIHL playing standards, perhaps he might not have the same impact as he did in 2012? I'd still like to see him give it a go though.

Devil94

ASHIPP said:
From the Cage: Leigh Salters back to Clan next season.
Can see that happening actually. Think he's still good friends with a lot of the guys up there, assuming they're staying too. I always think what it would be like to play against some of our guys, and I wouldn't like to be against him if he was on form.

In other news, I'm going to throw another one out there. Mitch Ganzak to the Devils.

Mooney#16

No thanks. An un disciplined pylon of a D man. Complete Steeler in Giants clothing. From Giants I'd gladly take Vandermeer (awesome D man) or even Mike Wilson though.

Have Hope#35

Mooney#16 said:
No thanks. An un disciplined pylon of a D man. Complete Steeler in Giants clothing. From Giants I'd gladly take Vandermeer (awesome D man) or even Mike Wilson though.
I think most Belfast fans would let you have Mike Wilson! I hope we're looking for new blood to the league...

Kal

Elite prospects uk asking about kurka to steelers on twitter. Haven't been overly impressed by him this season but would like to see him do a full season on big ice for us as he looked alot better after the IAW move

august04

KaneDevils said:
Keefe to devils!

Hot News
He's past his best but I think I'd still take Keefe at the Devils. Not so keen on the Lloyd/Ganzak rumours though (or Scarsella, Sisca for that matter), hope we're aiming higher than these and they don't happen.