2021/22 Roster - Rumours/Predictions

jenks33

Thread starter #181
Can someone remind me how many imports are allowed again?

We have 9 signed. Another import goalie makes it 10, but both goalies might not dress for all matches, and maybe someone like Lawday on bench too?

We need one more defenseman and 4 more forwards for 4 lines.
Yeah I brought this up a few weeks ago. I’m not sure if it’s 13 or 14. People seem to think it’s 14

Wannabe2

Interesting.......

l said a few years ago that Cardiff needed younger, hungry players to bring some freshness, not just in Cardiff but the league. Was getting a bit fed up of the style of recruitment, relying on the friend of a friend who knows a guy who he played with 20 yrs ago, riding on that small glimmer of success into the fading yrs before retirement or rehab.
New coach, new ethos, new risk, new excuse if it goes tits up, at least it’s not Monday.
So we’re you also fed up with winning trophies, fed up with the most successful coach we have ever had, fed up with beating Steelers and Giants. Me too not.

august04 2.0

So we’re you also fed up with winning trophies, fed up with the most successful coach we have ever had, fed up with beating Steelers and Giants. Me too not.
To be fair Wannabe2, while none of us were fed up with winning trophies, there were often posts about the style of play and level of entertainment. I’m looking forward to a faster style of play this year and for a little more fun at the arena.

Mazzoak

Not at all. Satisfaction is gained watching the journey, feeling the anticipation and accepting the unknown. The rollercoaster ride, it’s only exciting the first few times, unless you try another ride it becomes boring.

Wannabe2

Sorry don’t understand the boring bit, as it’s allien to me watching my team has never been boring since day one. There again I ain’t you, and you ain’t me so we beg to differ.

jenks33

Thread starter #192
Nobody jumps out as Joey Martin's replacement yet, not for me anyway.
Put it this way I’ll feel far more optimistic if we sign Haddad plus another two proven point scorers. One of those being Joey Martin’s replacement. As much as I’m excited by Sanford, Mcnally, Lammon, Cox they’re all fairly unproven. When you sign players that have recently left Uni you can’t be totally sure what you’re getting.

moggy#9

Put it this way I’ll feel far more optimistic if we sign Haddad plus another two proven point scorers. One of those being Joey Martin’s replacement. As much as I’m excited by Sanford, Mcnally, Lammon, Cox they’re all fairly unproven. When you sign players that have recently left Uni you can’t be totally sure what you’re getting.
I can't see a langlet replacement yet either.

ASHIPP

We can't have a team of superstar studs.. budgetary constraints. But there are probably a couple more players with experience to be revealed,

There are many upsides though.

1. Younger, faster players - the style of UK hockey was heading that way prior to lockdown. TBH, there were times when our team struggled against the speed of Guildford etc back in 2019/2020.

2. There will be some hidden gems unearthed. On American and European teams with big rosters, some of these guys were competing for limited ice time. Now they will get their opportunity to show their skills for the Devils. Guildford and Dundee have successfully recruited university/one year pro's before and produced good players

3. Jarrod is an experienced coach in player development throughout his career in all levels of league. Think we can trust his judgement!

How many slots to fill.
I have it

Netminders: 1 of 2
Defence: 5 of 6
Forwards: 8 of 12

Imports 9 of 13

4 Imports left
(1 NM, 1 D, 2 F)

Which leave 2 forward slots to fill, Myers & Rutkis

Any thoughts on that?