2021/22 Roster - Rumours/Predictions

matbur

Yeah definitely a step back, but impact of recent circumstances probably dictate unfortunately.

All things seem to pointing towards 19 players being dressed for game, so 11 forwards and 6 D or 12 forwards and 5 D. I think they'd opt for 6D personally.

I don't see them not dressing the backup goalie, infact I think we'll see the starting goalie position rotated more than under Andrew Lord.

I don't think the frequency in which Bowns was used was helpful to him at times and his hesitancy to use Murdy, was the only (minor) criticism I had of Andrew Lord as a coach.

jenks33

Thread starter #282
Yeah definitely a step back, but impact of recent circumstances probably dictate unfortunately.

All things seem to pointing towards 19 players being dressed for game, so 11 forwards and 6 D or 12 forwards and 5 D. I think they'd opt for 6D personally.

I don't see them not dressing the backup goalie, infact I think we'll see the starting goalie position rotated more than under Andrew Lord.

I don't think the frequency in which Bowns was used was helpful to him at times and his hesitancy to use Murdy, was the only (minor) criticism I had of Andrew Lord as a coach.
Yeah I think they’ll go 6 D. I like Batch but I can’t see us going with 5 D and batch being the 5th D. I can still see one more D man

This organisation only has to do what it is doing, forget the 1 in a thousand, if you dont you have problem, for every 1 that has a mental diffiferency, there is 1000 that is big time happy with what’s happening. Please don’t focus on the moronic few, they will always be wandering in the abyss, focus on the folk that are you, me , them, and us.
Well, where do I begin with this post!
Thankfully our ‘organisation' is run by professional, respectful, tolerant caring people who are proven business leaders. Their business focus will be inclusive, in other words they will take into consideration the thoughts and criticisms of all of their customer base.
They certainly won’t ignore or dismiss those of their customers with varying views as mentally deficient morons as you suggest.

Your post shows a staggering lack of respect for others who have veiws that differ from your own.
Gaslighting of the highest order!
For a man who likes to bandy the word 'classy' when referring to our organisation you show a remarkable lack of it yourself!

Legin

Has anyone seen anything official announced about squad / bench size. I have seen various post and tweets saying people have been told or heard what they are going to be, but nothing from any team or the league.

jenks33

Thread starter #286
Has anyone seen anything official announced about squad / bench size. I have seen various post and tweets saying people have been told or heard what they are going to be, but nothing from any team or the league.
No I don’t think there’s been anything official. Earlier this week there were a lot of rumours on twitter that bench sizes will be 19 and then the following day Steve King referred to “our 19 players” in a tweet so it’s looking likely that it’s 19.
As a couple of others have said I suppose we could carry a spare player but are we likely to do that with money a bit tighter this season, plus the unofficial salary cap that has been mentioned.

Have Hope#35

No I don’t think there’s been anything official. Earlier this week there were a lot of rumours on twitter that bench sizes will be 19 and then the following day Steve King referred to “our 19 players” in a tweet so it’s looking likely that it’s 19.
As a couple of others have said I suppose we could carry a spare player but are we likely to do that with money a bit tighter this season, plus the unofficial salary cap that has been mentioned.
I'd expect the second import goalie to be a spare! I don't see any sense in having an import goalie dressed on the bench opening the door... Surely we will go with an U25 Brit as back-up and run the extra import on the ice!?

jenks33

Thread starter #291
I'd expect the second import goalie to be a spare! I don't see any sense in having an import goalie dressed on the bench opening the door... Surely we will go with an U25 Brit as back-up and run the extra import on the ice!?
Hope you’re right. Maybe we’ll go down the Guildford route of a couple of years ago when they had Fullerton and Peeters. Fullerton was clearly number 1 but I think peeters ended up playing 15/20 games. I think Mike Will was back up on match nights tho.

Mazzoak

Skalde is a defensive minded coach, don’t expect opposition teams getting many goals against us. The team is young and mixed, last line of defence is a strong balanced net team. Sharing duty, injury & recover.

Devil94

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/15705/josh-brittain

I'll throw a name in to the mix. Josh Brittain. Played with Lammon and Register 2 years ago at Allen, played with Carruth a few years before that. Would add size to what is currently quite a small forwards group. Still decent numbers though in NA and Europe. Maybe a winger on a line with Dixon and McNally?

Jenks - he does follow the devils on SM, but he did so a while ago, and he followed Lordo at the same time. So there might have been talks a few years ago. But would still make a decent signing I think.

jenks33

Thread starter #296
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/15705/josh-brittain

I'll throw a name in to the mix. Josh Brittain. Played with Lammon and Register 2 years ago at Allen, played with Carruth a few years before that. Would add size to what is currently quite a small forwards group. Still decent numbers though in NA and Europe. Maybe a winger on a line with Dixon and McNally?

Jenks - he does follow the devils on SM, but he did so a while ago, and he followed Lordo at the same time. So there might have been talks a few years ago. But would still make a decent signing I think.
He was rumoured to be signing with us last season but I’m not sure if that’s because he follows so many Devils and EIHL related accounts on Social Media.
His wife does have welsh links so there could be something in it. As you said I think he would be a decent signing, 120 games in the AHL and plenty of experience in Europe. His stats in Slovakia stand out for me and that wasn’t too long ago.

jenks33

Thread starter #300
Great little video on twitter today retweeted by the Devils with Sanford and Cox being interviewed. I’m sure a few of you have seen it. The more I read and see of these two the more optimistic I am that they will be great for us next season. They both talk about their frustrations with how last year went and I think both of them being reunited and in an English speaking country will be big for them. Cox talks about being lonely at times last season, must have been tough for him by himself in a non English speaking country during Covid.
I’m not sure if this has already been mentioned, it probably has in one of the press releases but in 2015/16 I see Skalde was the assistant coach of Canada under 18’s. The head coach (Shaun Clouston) was the head coach of Medicine Hat when Sanford and Cox were there and the other assistant (Serge Lajoie) was the head coach of Univ of Alberta when Sanford and Cox were there. He must have had great references off those two coaches for us to sign both players.