2021/22 Roster - Rumours/Predictions

jenks33

Thread starter #241
We shouldn't underestimate the adjustment for jarrod himself. He and his family are coming into a new environment, he has a new team and a new league to get to grips with. And let's not get started with when he encounters British refs.
You’re right it will be an adjustment for Jarrod as well. As a player he played in Switzerland, Sweden, Japan and Slovenia so hopefully settling in off the ice won’t be much of a problem. As you mentioned British Refs might be more of a problem for him. I also expect Mcnally and Carruth to find our officiating infuriating, both players are fiery characters.

jenks33

Thread starter #244
I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m fully ready to get a McNally jersey before the season even starts.

This guy is going to get so many people on their feet.
He certainly seems like the type of player fans are going to love. I’d have him on a line with Ben Davies, make it a line that is horrible to play against.

moggy#9

When I was hearing about Sanford and Cox, and the chemistry they've developed, I was thinking of two other names from the past. Tim salmon and Kevin Conway were renowned for that type of connection. Off the ice their friendship will hopefully help them settle too.

Hopefully there'll be no visits to Cardiff castle this year!

moggy#9

Looks hope the Sanford/Cox pairing is of the Salmon/.Conway standard not the Gratton/Andison we endured thanfully for a short time in 1992/3
I take your point, but afaik gratton and andison didn't know each other beforehand. Also, in the days of 3 imports, I don't think those two realised the pressure on them to carry the team's scoring. I doubt that Sanford and Cox will be in our top line, do the pressures won't be the same.

moggy#9

I think Lawless said later that it was bad agent/scout info as obviously he couldn’t just YouTube them or put their names into elite prospects etc
Yeah, a lot of that went on in those days. Durham were famous for their import merry-go-round. As far as the devils go, I think all I need to say is "Robert millette".

jenks33

Thread starter #260
Goodness. John "not-so", a forward who managed to score just one goal in 30 or 40 games. That team was an embarrassment. We knew it was bad when we started picking up Basingstoke cast offs.
I remember listening to an interview with Paul Heavey years after that season and unsurprisingly he admitted that we had to make cheaper signings as we were struggling financially. 5 or 6 of them definitely seemed like cheap signings