2021/22 Roster - Rumours/Predictions

Wannabe2

Don’t get it myself, looks a good player but only good don’t see anything there to feel frightened about, as for favourites for title they will obviously be there or there abouts, but as for being by far favourites have to disagree there buddy,but we all have our opinions and they are all valid. Am I biased I sure am, but my honest opinion is that we will still be the team to beat, let’s get it on.

jenks33

Thread starter #425
Our of interest, which players that they have signed are the ones to make you think this? They've had some players in the past that have promised lots, but delivered little, so is prefer to wait and see.
Yeah I wouldn’t say I look at their current roster with much trepidation. Personally I think our defence is stronger than theirs at the moment. It’s still too early to tell tho isn’t it. I think Giants will announce another 5 signings and us and Sheffield will announce another 4. That’s when we will know who the favourites are on paper

Hockeymad

Our of interest, which players that they have signed are the ones to make you think this? They've had some players in the past that have promised lots, but delivered little, so is prefer to wait and see.
Murphy one of the best in the league.

besko best keeper in league.

Soy is amazing pick up raine again of the best in the league.

Ben lake scores also

Just my opinion

mjh

Like the look of our latest addition. Is it me, or are we a little light at Centre? Can't wait to find out the fixtures tomorrow! On another note, I always find it tricky to make predictions at this stage. There are so many unknown players coming into the league. We've also got brand new coaches etc. If memory serves, Fife always leave it until the last minute to sign a team :) I'm just happy if we get all teams back on the ice and a full season. I'm beginning to let the excitement get to me now! Let's go Devils!

moggy#9

Ben lake scores also

Just my opinion
Interesting. The thing to remember with each of Murphy and besky is they're a couple of years older. In the case of goalies, my personal opinion is that what we have is at least as good, and we won't have to rely on the same guy every night.

Wannabe2

Ben lake scores also

Just my opinion
Not much there to feel worried about, Murphy very good player, Besko WAS the best in the league, but time has moved on, and we have signed 2 very good netminders, so only time will tell on that one, if Lake didn’t score he would be a problem, Soy seems a fairly good player, and Raine would not have got into a Devils team in his time over here, and certainly has never been a Smotherman. Just my opinion.

jenks33

Thread starter #431
Like the look of our latest addition. Is it me, or are we a little light at Centre? Can't wait to find out the fixtures tomorrow! On another note, I always find it tricky to make predictions at this stage. There are so many unknown players coming into the league. We've also got brand new coaches etc. If memory serves, Fife always leave it until the last minute to sign a team :) I'm just happy if we get all teams back on the ice and a full season. I'm beginning to let the excitement get to me now! Let's go Devils!
Agree with you about the Centres, I think we look a little light at the moment. That’s why I think we’ve still got two forwards to announce. A left winger and Centre

jenks33

Thread starter #438
On a side note, what the hell has happened to our signing announcements!? They’ve gone from always being on a friday to random out of the blue announcements. It’s not a criticism, I think it’s a nice change. As long as we never do a Sheffield and announce signings at 6am on a Tuesday. Awful

On a side note, what the hell has happened to our signing announcements!? They’ve gone from always being on a friday to random out of the blue announcements. It’s not a criticism, I think it’s a nice change. As long as we never do a Sheffield and announce signings at 6am on a Tuesday. Awful
We could even go back to the time where you buy the Echo and find out we’ve signed Cadieux/Hodge/Thornton etc.
Now that would be fun, and especially good for the Echo’s sales figures

moggy#9

We could even go back to the time where you buy the Echo and find out we’ve signed Cadieux/Hodge/Thornton etc.
Now that would be fun, and especially good for the Echo’s sales figures
I'd rather not have to pay for that rag. It's not what it once was. Thank goodness for the interwebs.