2021/22 Roster - Rumours/Predictions

Hockeymad

Bit early maybe but can someone please guess the lines as I'm not sure where these players will play and how do they compare to the old team?? No haddad?? No faryna or riley??

jenks33

Thread starter #164
What’s interesting at the moment is it’s difficult to know what the ceiling is with some of these signings. As Steve King said the other day Jarrod’s gone for a youthful, inexperienced side and although it’s a risk they’ve got confidence in these players. Under Lordo I felt we kind of knew what we were getting with a lot of his signings. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing I actually think it’s quite exciting. Definitely risky tho and they were Steve’s words.

Wannabe2

Well pleased with signings, but my pictures were lousy breaking up regular and it was over in a blink of an eye. Cheesed off as I pay for the dogs bollocks internet speeds.

jenks33

Thread starter #166
Well pleased with signings, but my pictures were lousy breaking up regular and it was over in a blink of an eye. Cheesed off as I pay for the dogs bollocks internet speeds.
Yeah signal wasn’t great was it, I also expected it to be a bit longer. I Maybe expected Jarrod to go a bit more in depth about why we’ve signed these players and their strengths.

august04 2.0

I was listening to Dave Simms on Wally's podcast and he said that there will be some sort of agreed salary cap/restrictions in place for this season, due to uncertainties after Covid etc. We perhaps weren’t able to bring in some of those more established older players given that cap, which might explain why we're seeing more young guys this season (forwards anyway), coming to Cardiff very early in their pro careers. I think that’s exciting, and they have points to prove to build their careers in Europe. I’m looking forward to seeing a younger, faster team and we seem to have a physical edge too, which I’m sure will be welcomed by many!

Last edited:

ASHIPP

My gut feeling is he’s going to the Panthers. EIHL rumours was linking Perlini with Guildford to replace Davies which opens the door to Myers to Panthers. Just makes sense.
It appears highly unlikely. It makes no sense Matthew going to Nottingham when he was due a testimonial at our Club in lockdown season 2020. It never happened. Matthew may be announced separately with some details of future testimonial activities for this year. One of the most influential, point scoring players of Team GB at the recent Worlds...think the Devils would be doing everything to keep hold of him.

Evan (Mosey) had re-signed in 2020 before lockdown. He acknowledged how the Club had helped him with rehabilitation from his catastrophic injury and how much he enjoyed being at the Club. The guy is one of the most versatile players in the League. Makes no sense linking him to Nottingham.

The suggestion of two import goalies tonight makes the necessity for British and dual national players more crucial.

Earnie

It was all over rather quickly!
I had it on iPad - no problem with the link and quality of the stream. The names did not mean much to me so I wait for you experts to break it all down to something I can understand.

Devil94

Yeah I’d agree with that. Possibly these lines

Waller Myers Duggan

Mosey Davies Mcnally

Haddad Dixon Sanford

And 3 newbies on the first line
So to update that, are we now looking at:

Waller Davies Duggan

??? Lammon ???

??? Dixon McNally

Cox ??? Sanford

From EP, Sanford and Cox can play on the wing or centre. So not sure of the makeup of their line but they will surely play together.

McNally and Dixon on the same line will be horrible to play against.

Lammon to me does not look like he's signed for the first line centre role. Looks a bit similar to Dixon in some ways. So I'm assuming there's a first line forward to come?

Last edited:

jenks33

Thread starter #172
So to update that, are we now looking at:

Waller Davies Duggan

??? Lammon ???

??? Dixon McNally

Cox ??? Sanford

From EP, Sanford and Cox can play on the wing or centre. So not sure of the makeup of their line but they will surely play on the same line.
Do’u know what, I haven’t got a clue at the moment. august04 2.0 says that there’s some kind of unofficial salary cap in place this year so I just don’t know what to expect. In previous seasons I’d expect some of these new signings to be on our 3rd line, not because of ability just because they’re a bit unproven. Maybe we’ll see a lot of unknown quantities around the league this year tho. Belfast have recently signed one in Jeff Baum

august04 2.0

Do’u know what, I haven’t got a clue at the moment. august04 2.0 says that there’s some kind of unofficial salary cap in place this year so I just don’t know what to expect. In previous seasons I’d expect some of these new signings to be on our 3rd line, not because of ability just because they’re a bit unproven. Maybe we’ll see a lot of unknown quantities around the league this year tho. Belfast have recently signed one in Jeff Baum
Only reporting what I heard Simms say - haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere else….

voth26

I think we will see some returnees import wise, Like Haddad for example. I think it was Steve who said we need the experience of players who were core guys to help the new guys out regarding the Devil's ways and what it means to be a Devil.

Devil94

Can someone remind me how many imports are allowed again?

We have 9 signed. Another import goalie makes it 10, but both goalies might not dress for all matches, and maybe someone like Lawday on bench too?

We need one more defenseman and 4 more forwards for 4 lines.

Bit early maybe but can someone please guess the lines as I'm not sure where these players will play and how do they compare to the old team?? No haddad?? No faryna or riley??
Not necessarily in any line order

Cox - Lammon - Sanford
Cox can play down the middle too, but Lammon could be a good centreman to compliment two guys with 7-years of chemistry.

McNally - Dixon - ? (Haddad if returning?)
Power forward line, perhaps too many power forwards though so might be wise spreading them around

Duggan - Davies - Waller
A lot depends on how Skalde uses Brits. Duggan and Waller have bags of speed and could do with a veteran to help develop them, Davies not only can develop them, but also keep up with them, that could be a very fast line.

? - ? - ?
Maybe the best are being announced last? Who knows who these guys will be.

Defence, depends on how Skalde pairs them based on handedness (lefties on the left and all that) and other things as well but perhaps
Mikkelson - Richardson
Register - Louis
Batch - ?

jenks33

Thread starter #179
Not necessarily in any line order

Cox - Lammon - Sanford
Cox can play down the middle too, but Lammon could be a good centreman to compliment two guys with 7-years of chemistry.

McNally - Dixon - ? (Haddad if returning?)
Power forward line, perhaps too many power forwards though so might be wise spreading them around

Duggan - Davies - Waller
A lot depends on how Skalde uses Brits. Duggan and Waller have bags of speed and could do with a veteran to help develop them, Davies not only can develop them, but also keep up with them, that could be a very fast line.

? - ? - ?
Maybe the best are being announced last? Who knows who these guys will be.

Defence, depends on how Skalde pairs them based on handedness (lefties on the left and all that) and other things as well but perhaps
Mikkelson - Richardson
Register - Louis
Batch - ?
You can’t see Myers or Mosey returning then Ollie?

Mazzoak

Interesting.......

l said a few years ago that Cardiff needed younger, hungry players to bring some freshness, not just in Cardiff but the league. Was getting a bit fed up of the style of recruitment, relying on the friend of a friend who knows a guy who he played with 20 yrs ago, riding on that small glimmer of success into the fading yrs before retirement or rehab.
New coach, new ethos, new risk, new excuse if it goes tits up, at least it’s not Monday.