4 Devils players banned?

Gaz G

I think they are all daft to be honest. Why has it taken till today for this to be announced? This league is fast becoming a joke!!!

Gazza272

Thread starter #3
Gaz G said:
I think they are all daft to be honest. Why has it taken till today for this to be announced? This league is fast becoming a joke!!!

I dont think 5 games for Voth can be considered bad to be honest, as long as 2 of the 5 are classed as this weekend, and its not actually 7 in total.

The romfo and HArtiwck ones are unnessecery though, interestingly it says Huppe is banned, it HAS to be more than most of the other bans for me.

And there was me thinking Steelers would be short benched! :lol: If that is true then oops to those on the game thread wanting our players to be out injured!

A possible defence of Jarvis, Richardson and Adams?! Nice.

I'd take the whole article with a pinch of salt though.

Koop11

This could be true. I wasn't there that night but can someone explain to me why Romfo and Hartwick face bans.

Convenient that it’s a home game against the Steelers that these players along with Max have 'single game' bans.

Finny

No suprise the ban announcements are released from a Sheffield source...

Voth's 5 games - ok. A bit omre than I would have liked but understandable.

However, there is absolutely no way that the other guys should be banned. Utter disgrace if true. Though it wouldn't suprise me if they have announced it this late in an attempt to stop the Devils appealing it.

And of course there is no coincidence that this has happened when we are playing Sheffield this weekend.......

Finny

Holl_5 said:
I think major penalties in the last 5 minutes of a game carry automatic bans. Don't quote me on that though!
Pretty sure they don't. Unless of course it has been added to the EIHL rulebook this week with the initials "BP" scrawled next to it.

Gazza272

Thread starter #10
Finny said:
Holl_5 said:
I think major penalties in the last 5 minutes of a game carry automatic bans. Don't quote me on that though!
Pretty sure they don't. Unless of course it has been added to the EIHL rulebook this week with the initials "BP" scrawled next to it.

Something is telling me it was brought in last season when Rushton kicked off against the Vipers and jumped someone. Obviously agianst the rule no one has written (please use common sense when reviewing) next to it though :x

Wannabe2

This is what i have posted on the Daily Stir, get on there and have your say.
Pathetic result, but not unusual as its always the league against Cardiff. also no surprise its in the Sheffield paper first, as the league is so obviously run from there. No one wants to see off ice brawls, but this mickey mouse league will kill the game in this country, and thats a fact. So there you have it Sheffield hope you are happy that you will be facing a very understrength Devils team. Hockey in this country is going down the pan fast, hope the league will be happy when they are all redundant, sad days indeed

I can understand the Voth and Birbraer bans - fully deserved. However, I'm not sure what Romfo and Hartwick did to get their bans? Like someone has said, fighting in the last 5 mins carries an automatic match penalty. Is this true? Were they both fighting? At this rate our lines will be:

Offence:

Smith Miller Jay(?)
Michel(?) Hill Towe(?)
Davies Hayes ENL(?)

Defence:

Richardson Jarvis
Adams (blank)

Far be it from me to defend the Steelers organisation, but I would think this is more likely Westerdale jumping the gun on the embargo. It's not on the Steelers site yet and Walesonline also has it up now.

The bans themselves;

Voth's could have been less IMO, but 5 is not the end of the world. What amazes me is that Knight has the same ban? The video evidence clearly shows he was the instigator of both the on and off ice fights. 5 matches for Knight is fine, but then leave Voth's at 2 or 3. The discrepancy is the biggest farce hear.

This is a double-edges sword for Sheffield as we play them twice in Sheff during Voth's ban. They want (even need) Voth to boost there ticket sales. O'Connor has admitted he'd rather he played this weekend.

The other bans;

I'm quite 'happy' with one for Birbraer as it could have been worse (not that I think it should have been)

Romfo and Hartwick - If these are the rules than there's not much we can say. It's a bad rule but we can't do anything about that. Would be interesting to see what Hartwick was banned for? Romfo was 3rd man in so I guess that accounts for his ban.

Skippy

So nothing on the Elite league site bans annoucned in the Sheffield Star ?
If thats the way the league is being run then something has got to be wrong ?
Was coming back to Caridff for the game tommorrow but may not bother now as its going to be a farce.

Advantage Sheffield as normal then

Romfo, Max & Hartwicks should have stood as game not match.

Missing Voth, Stone, Romfo, Max, Harts is a lose and im not looking forward to Facing the FEC' ing steelers short benched

Still annoys me that Sheffield seem to run this Farce of a league

Anyone else finding it quite amusing that the devils' site is advertising tomorrow's game with a picture of 2 players who won't actually be playing in it?

What a joke if true!

Brad missing the Steelers games this weekend was a given but how convenient who the 5th game of the suspension is against!

Hartwicks scuffle can hardly be called a fight, and what did Romfo do?! To quote Kevin Keegan from a famous rant he had years ago "I would love it if we beat them, love it!"

As for our D, I'm sure a few including myself would be happy to get their kit on, even if just to do a "Sharp" and try and get one of their better players in the bin for 5 minutes once or twice during the game!!!

Max