4 Devils players banned?

Are we ever going to get past this obsession with Sheffield !!!!!!

Players all over the league get match bans for something they didnt do......is that all Sheffields fault ! I too feel that Hartwicks and Scott penalties are harsh we just have to deal with it as nothing is going to change.

Teal and orange hate glasses must be selling by the truck load. :lol:

As for Brad and Max they are responsible for their own fate....nothing to do with Sheffield.

If people continue to carry around this ''Everything is Sheffields fault'' attitude games against the two sides are going to boil over like they have done in the past,which will just result in more bans for us........is that what everyone wants ??

cofio said:
J.B said:
Russky said:
Cloutier: Should have had 2 match ban for failing to control Knight!
And the same or more for Adams for failing to control his 4 players?
Adams was given game at the start of the match, so he was forbidden to try tpo control his players, so no blame can be attached there.
He is the coach of the team...he has to install disipline into the team,whether he is on the bench or not.

drainage

Twinkle said:
Are we ever going to get past this obsession with Sheffield !!!!!!

Players all over the league get match bans for something they didnt do......is that all Sheffields fault ! I too feel that Hartwicks and Scott penalties are harsh we just have to deal with it as nothing is going to change.

Teal and orange hate glasses must be selling by the truck load. :lol:

As for Brad and Max they are responsible for their own fate....nothing to do with Sheffield.

If people continue to carry around this ''Everything is Sheffields fault'' attitude games against the two sides are going to boil over like they have done in the past,which will just result in more bans for us........is that what everyone wants ??
I think we will get over the Sheffield thing when all the updates/news for the league arent seemingly first released in that general geography ! And when we see their players consistently being dealt with - as I recall Jody's water bottle burling managed to slip past last season.

Brad should have left it be - not argument from me on that I'd prefer to have him on ice than banned. But he is an "enforcer" it seems Knight took a cheap shot and Brad stepped up but i also think he often gets tarred with blame due to who he is - wasnt at game but all comments (maybe biased ones) are stating Knight was more at fault and a sucker punch was not treated the same way as Brad was last season.

The league doesnt help itself in the slightest.

DevilDom

Just a few observations with regards the bans;

1. Why has knight only been punished for 1 fight when he had 2?
2. Who was Hartwick fighting (surely not himself) and why has he not recevied a similar ban?
3. Who was Romfo fighting and why has he not recevied a similar ban?
4. Why did the referee and linesmen make no effort to remove Knight from on top of Michel when he was turtled on the ice receiving punches to the head?
5. Who was Max punching over the plexi glass? Was this guy simply standing there and taking it or was that not in fact also a fight involving another Hull player? Or was Max punching thin air?

Whilst I don't disagree with players being banned for unacceptable behaviour, these bans are full of inconsistences and seem to have fallen nicely before a Sheffield game. A coincidence? I think not. It does make you feel slightly disillusioned and that we are never going to be given a level rink to play on as long as the league is run in the way it is. Maybe we should go and play in a league where we can have fair and consistent treatment, even if it does mean a lower standard of hockey?

DevilDom said:
Just a few observations with regards the bans;

1. Why has knight only been punished for 1 fight when he had 2?
2. Who was Hartwick fighting (surely not himself) and why has he not recevied a similar ban?
3. Who was Romfo fighting and why has he not recevied a similar ban?
4. Why did the referee and linesmen make no effort to remove Knight from on top of Michel when he was turtled on the ice receiving punches to the head?
5. Who was Max punching over the plexi glass? Was this guy simply standing there and taking it or was that not in fact also a fight involving another Hull player? Or was Max punching thin air?

Whilst I don't disagree with players being banned for unacceptable behaviour, these bans are full of inconsistences and seem to have fallen nicely before a Sheffield game. A coincidence? I think not. It does make you feel slightly disillusioned and that we are never going to be given a level rink to play on as long as the league is run in the way it is. Maybe we should go and play in a league where we can have fair and consistent treatment, even if it does mean a lower standard of hockey?

I couldn't have put it better :)

Sliput

Well...if Sheffield did have a hand in the bans then.........................

HA HA HA HA HA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: HA HA HA HA HA ...uh-oh,backfired !!!!!

voth26

Dai Vader said:
I'm one of Voth's biggest fans, but come on every season he gets banned for x amount of games. Fair enough he fights on the ice and thats where it should stay, He got thrown out of the Hull game and in my opinion he should have just walked straight into his dressing room and closed the door, but no what does he do walks past his dressing room and carries on fighting behind the team bench. What happens next he gets banned again, i know we all think he a great/player,guy etc but The guy has got no discipline and the way he is going he is gonna cost us games, just my opininion though. :(
I kinda agree that brad should have walked on to the changing room but these guys are like family to each other,and if we are all honest if someone was beating the crap out of one of our family we'd all do what brad did, i know i would with out a second thought!! so lets cut brad some slack whats done is done lets just hope he has learnt from it, i think this may be his last season with the devils because of all the grief he gets some times warrented but not all the time, he's bound to get fed up really hope i'm wrong and he stays for many a year

Russky

J.B said:
Russky said:
Cloutier: Should have had 2 match ban for failing to control Knight!
And the same or more for Adams for failing to control his 4 players?

No because he was already 'out of the game' at this stage and therefore couldn't act in his capacity as head coach! I anything maybe Franny as he was bench coach, but from what I could see he was trying to play peacemaker and calm people down!