4pm face off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finny

Personally, I think this was all just a tactic to distract us from the fact that we haven't had a signing announcement for nearly 2 weeks!!!

august04

Have Hope#35 said:
august04 said:
zoesdevil said:
Let's hope all the criticism of the club is taken back now!!!

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/face-times-feedback/
Absolutely not. The club were wrong to make the change in that fashion in the first place and were rightly criticised. However, they have listened and reversed their decision and credit to them for that. But the initial criticism was justified and I'm glad to see that common sense has prevailed.
They were wrong to announce six 4pm trials? Will people be as upset next season if a poll highlights a demand for earlier starts and they change the time prior to season ticket sales... You bet they will!
Yes they were, after people had shelled out for season tickets. Next off season, no problem, the club can decide how they wish to proceed with earlier face off times after consultation and before season tickets go on sale. People can then make informed decisions on whether to buy or not. Not hard to grasp, is it?

zoesdevil

august04 said:
zoesdevil said:

Absolutely not. The club were wrong to make the change in that fashion in the first place and were rightly criticised. However, they have listened and reversed their decision and credit to them for that. But the initial criticism was justified and I'm glad to see that common sense has prevailed.
That's not my point though, the fact the club came out with a statement an hour later saying we are going to look into it as we didn't expect to disrupt this many fans, says it was a mistake, but for our fans to keep moaning & going on & on when the club hadn't sealed the new times & we're trying to fix it, but instead of waiting, some fans lost the plot even one stated that they weren't loving the club at the moment, they felt cheated & that they didn't "LOVE" Todd, Steve & gang, for goodness sake, after everything they have done to this club & for the fans, they're not allowed ow small mistake, which they rectified within 24 hours!! You can please some of the fans, all the time, you can please all of the fans some of the time, but they sure as hell cant please all the fans all of the time!!!! Rant over!!

Some people will complain that the sky is too blue or the water is too wet...

Should be praising the club for holding hands up immediately and resolving with zero impact on anybody. End of.

Move along...

zoesdevil

Baz-lar said:
Some people will complain that the sky is too blue or the water is too wet...

Should be praising the club for holding hands up immediately and resolving with zero impact on anybody. End of.

Move along...
Completely agree mate!

ASHIPP

Have Hope#35 said:
august04 said:
zoesdevil said:
They were wrong to announce six 4pm trials? Will people be as upset next season if a poll highlights a demand for earlier starts and they change the time prior to season ticket sales... You bet they will!
Have Hope it's easy to trivialise it if you are not affected. 6 games equates to £90-£100 per person (if you apply walk up prices). Rather a lot of money for many people to be
lost on games we paid for and might not see. This would not have been a choice.

Anyway the Club have listened to reaction and have acted appropriately. Thankyou to them for that. However, if due diligence (which is the usual practice with big decisions that affect a lot of people) had been observed in the first place it might have avoided a lot of anger and unxertainty yesterday.

mazza03

skippy said:
DevilDom said:
Just to reiterate the club have said they are looking at it again and have invited feedback. After the initial error I think they have dealt with it very well.
People seem to want to ignore that bit for some reason

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Usually because they just have to have something to moan about, sometimes I lose the will to live with all the negativity :DWD :DWD :DWD

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Individual circumstances will dictate the preferences, the senior citizen fans like PLT :lol: may want the earlier times so they can get home for their cocoa and slippers early wheras in the past he may have stayed till the bar closed
Oh hell there goes my cocoa :lol: Common-sense has prevailed and the Club have listened to the fans, can't say fairer than that. Revisit it next off season by all means. See you in the bar Mark for a drink :lol:

By the way,zoesdevil,not there to love the manager or the owners.Just a love of Cardiff Devils ice hockey team.If you want to suck up to Todd or Steve that's up to you. I expect to get what I pay for.That is all. No more,no less.I am very grateful to Todd and co for what he has done today, but if I don't get what I pay for,I am entitled to complain.Obviously, this didn't matter to you,but we haven't all got one and a half grand to burn .Take off your rose tinted glasses for a minute and try and see where we are all coming from. We all know how good the owners are but when I pay for something,I expect to get it.

Gaz G

devildiva said:
By the way,zoesdevil,not there to love the manager or the owners.Just a love of Cardiff Devils ice hockey team.If you want to suck up to Todd or Steve that's up to you. I expect to get what I pay for.That is all. No more,no less.I am very grateful to Todd and co for what he has done today, but if I don't get what I pay for,I am entitled to complain.Obviously, this didn't matter to you,but we haven't all got one and a half grand to burn .Take off your rose tinted glasses for a minute and try and see where we are all coming from. We all know how good the owners are but when I pay for something,I expect to get it.
What a ridiculous comment.

Zoesdevil was suggesting that 15 pages of drivel on here was not necessary as the club openly welcomed feedback by email.

KaneDevils

Yes Jimmy I do work weekends thanks pal. I also work in the week.
6pm face off means I get back home at around midnight, then up at 5am Monday for work. So yes I'd prefer 4pm face-off.

Hope thats OK?

But, calm down all, panic over! :DWD

I cant believe there is 18 pages of complaints and drivel over the fact that some Sunday games will start at 4pm :DWD
Plenty of people having a pop at Steve King & Todd Kelman because the times THEY want are not what some Devils fans wanted (correct me if im wrong, but didnt TK state that the 4pm starts on Sunday were to be a trial)
Some have very very short memories indeed. If it wasnt for the both of them there wouldnt even be hockey (at any time) in Cardiff.

drainage

devildiva said:
Not sure the suck up comment is needed? Carl expressed a view like everyone else on here just because he's grateful for the owners for bringing us back from oblivion doesn't make him a suck up

cant argue you have the right to express a view then castigate others that do the same in my view

drainage

WheresWally said:
I cant believe there is 18 pages of complaints and drivel over the fact that some Sunday games will start at 4pm :DWD
Plenty of people having a pop at Steve King & Todd Kelman because the times THEY want are not what some Devils fans wanted (correct me if im wrong, but didnt TK state that the 4pm starts on Sunday were to be a trial)
Some have very very short memories indeed. If it wasnt for the both of them there wouldnt even be hockey (at any time) in Cardiff.
Agreed a mistake was made its sorted ..... Time to debate other things like when is next signing!

Status
Not open for further replies.