Adams: We're in demand...

Finny

Says he is talking to Hill and Davies.
But no mention of Stoney......

Other than that - a very optomistic press release.

well what I will say is although both players dont want to sign elsewhere, let just say there are a few issue's that are still outstanding and the issues are different for both players and not all money related.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #7
Good sources?

This was posted on Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:13 pm
sniper13 said:
I was talking to Stevie's dad Roy at a belfast game a month or so ago and he told me belfast had already signed him for next season as they were concerned about the whole ITC card issue and didint want to take a risk of losing him
which was followed up on Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:34pm with
Sniper13 said:
Well I got the info from two different sources ( one close to the horses mouth and one in the paddock ;) ) so maybe the day they announce it is wrong but its Stevie for sure
He was correct, but turns out Lyles dad was wrong, any other source could be wrong :)

Chris.

Wow was that really needed, both of my posts were just relays of information from either the player himself or in the case of the 1st instance Roy stevies dad, now maybe stevie changed his mind in the mean time all I did was pass on what his dad said previously. My last post was that stevie would sign and yes I was correct . In future I wont bother giving any info I have and you guys can just follow the media ( which in the case of my last post is incorrect)

Finny said:
I know something to but I'm not going to tell anyone.

Ner ner ner ner ner.
No I dont want to discuss contract negotiations or issues pertaining to them all I said was the 2 players mentioned are still a little away from signing and the apparent "done deals" as posted in the media are a little off.

Good sources Im sure you understand I won't name names, but seeing as you are so good at pulling up my last posts why dont you take the time to see who I have discussed most and figure it out.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #11
Well yeah actually, i'd say it was. Someone said you had 'very very good sources' so I found quotes to disprove it.

Your other posts are as Finny described, and if you're going to throw a wobbly and refuse to post then so be it.

The media and press releases have been rather good this season so I guess we'll just find out when, or if they sign.

Chris.

puck

Guys, Guys, don't argue about this.

I think a lot of the problem comes from the phrasing that the Echo has used..."done deals as far as I am concerned" according to Adams. This could easily be G just saying that he definitely wants them back and there is no question about that.

It could easily be read though that they are done deals and have signed and everything. Just a communication problem that's all.

I hope Hilly and Ben are back next season - as far as I am concerned they are essential. Two of the hardest working Brits in the league.

Finny

sniper13 said:
Finny said:
I know something to but I'm not going to tell anyone.

Ner ner ner ner ner.
No I dont want to discuss contract negotiations or issues pertaining to them all I said was the 2 players mentioned are still a little away from signing and the apparent "done deals" as posted in the media are a little off.
But those contract negotiations and issues are nothing to do with us fans, and so shouldn't be posted on here. I'm sure if other people knew such things - they wouldn't have posted anything.

Posting "mmm not what ive heard im afraid" makes it sound like you are saying "I know something which you don't" - which for me is always a big no no on forums like these.
If you have been told something in confidence then it should stay in confidence.

Point taken, but I don't think its fair to be attacked by Chris for the validity of my posts. Im a long time fan myself and just thought that I would let the other fans know that it wasn't quite so cut and dry as far as phil and stoney were concerned and that is why they havn't seen the official signing release thats all.

Finny

Fair enough.

I think if you had initially posted more along the lines of your following posts ("I heard that there is still work to be done with the contracts") then people won't have a problem with it.

If you say that you had heard something different - but don't give an indication as to what - then people are more likely to get annoyed and think you are doing what I posted "I know something you don't".

Plus, it sounded quite sinister at the times. Although that's probably just me .......

even with what you say sniper i would still consider it a done deal, if neither player wish to go elsewhere but have a few issues with the contract, then its purely down to negotiation but still 98% likely they are going to.

nmase20 said:
even with what you say sniper i would still consider it a done deal, if neither player wish to go elsewhere but have a few issues with the contract, then its purely down to negotiation but still 98% likely they are going to.
Yes for sure but as a player would you want a it to be broadcasted that it was a done deal if you hadn't signed and maybe affect other teams from contacting you, as i said im sure it will happen but its still early and players want to keep options open nothing wrong with that.

So "a source close to the player", says that they have an existing contract with Belfast for next year, actually this was true, what wasnt said, was that come next season Stevie would not opt out of that contract and sign for us, probably because at this point it hadnt happened.

None of us should take anything you hear for granted unless it is said directly by Matt or G, especially not in early May.

And my guess about Hill, Davies and Stone is that G has talked to them, knows their situations and is confident, but they havent signed yet as they have other options and considerations and...... its only May!
The press has been a big misleading this week, but one thing that has been consistent is G saying that signings would slow down and we wont hear anything for a while.
I definately wouldnt be too concerned.