Adams: We're in demand...

sniper13 said:
nmase20 said:
even with what you say sniper i would still consider it a done deal, if neither player wish to go elsewhere but have a few issues with the contract, then its purely down to negotiation but still 98% likely they are going to.
Yes for sure but as a player would you want a it to be broadcasted that it was a done deal if you hadn't signed and maybe affect other teams from contacting you, as i said im sure it will happen but its still early and players want to keep options open nothing wrong with that.
Im sure G is fully aware of what he can and cant say in a press release and if he feels comfortable in saying that then i dont see it should be a problem. You said yourself in a previous post that neither player wants to go else where yet now your saying they want to keep options open?

ASHIPP

Nmase20 is right - the press are famous at insinuating and misinterpreting comments. G will know that and will be careful what he says. There would be no reason to suggest something that isn't remotely true, for the players' sakes (especially if they are considering other options as well). Sounds to me like he's doing what it says on the tin - continuing to negociate with those guys he wants to re-sign ( and fine-tuning the contracts) and taking an educated approach to further signings. :)

There will be inaccuracies in what you read in the Echo this summer!
There have been already, and not just in the apparent contradiction over the "Done deals", other stories have been inaccurate too.

And the club does it as well.
I am sure if you look back at recent comment from the club, then there is guaranteed to be 9 clubs in the EIHL this year and if you look back a little further, we will definately be looking to re-sign Fulton and DC.

Its good to get an idea of what is happening, in the press, on the Websites and even on forums, but people get misquoted and plans change. Very little is set in stone in Hockey, especially in May!

Diafol

Diafol said:
[http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sports/ice-hockey-news/2009/05/02/ice-hockey-devils-may-have-elich-back-on-board-again-next-season-91466-23523251/

"Adams is also hoping to confirm the return of Welsh players Phil Hill and Jason Stone over the next couple of weeks, saying: “I have chatted to both and for me they are done deals. We’re keen for both to return.”
One down, one to go !

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/newsheadline.aspx?cpid=392