Average EIHL Attendances

Ocko

Thread starter #1
For those not on twitter one of the Blaze media guys put up the average attendances this year:

Nott 5609
Shef 5393
Bel 4563
Clan 3032
Dev 2939
Blaze 2112
Flyers 1854
Storm 1212
Stars 967
Caps 737

Fantastic crowds for almost all teams. Especially us. We used to average half of that just a few years ago, coupled with free ice time - we must be doing very well financially. I believe only a few teams in the league have an ice time deal like it.

Makes you think how Edinburgh and Dundee can survive though. Dundee have a decent squad and full time coach too.

Ocko

Thread starter #3
Also average percentages of capacity:

Devils 95%
Clan 84%
Panthers 78%
Blaze 70%
Giants 64%
Storm 61%
Flyers 57%
Steelers 53%
Stars 42%
Caps 15%

Electro

It would be interesting though to know how many guests make up those numbers, the night the owners came to Cardiff 500 seats were given away, but it's good news that attendance numbers are increasing considering the amount of PR most clubs do outside the sport.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finny

It would be interesting though to know how many guests make up those numbers, the night the owners came to Cardiff 500 seats were given away, but it's good news that attendance numbers are increasing considering the amount of PR most clubs do outside the sport.

Are you mixing up two games?
The owners came for the Sheffield game. No tickets were given away for that.
The game against Edinburgh had 500 tickets purchased by Rhiwbina RFC at a reduced rate I believe.

Wannabe2

It's a great time to be a Devils fan, no forget that, it's a time that compares to the best ever days of our proud club. Thirty years ago I found a sport that began to blow the socks off me, 20 yrs ago this awesome sport was taking me on a trip that was going to forever be a huge part of my life, 10 yrs ago we were on a journey that was a pure roller coaster ride, huge ups and untrue lows. Devils fans being Devils fans made every game a pleasure to be there, even when we were being close to strangulation by parasite's. Fast forward to 2016 God how I love these days, our amazing, incredible , Lush club is where it certainly should be, on top of the world, saying we are the RED ARMY, THE BARMY ARMY, AND CATCH US IF YOU CAN. Top us and you deserve everything you get, we are the Devils never forget that, this club should be available to every home in the UK on the NHS, it cures so many poor times it's untrue. HAPPY HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

E.D.S.

Also average percentages of capacity:

Devils 95%
Clan 84%
Panthers 78%
Blaze 70%
Giants 64%
Storm 61%
Flyers 57%
Steelers 53%
Stars 42%
Caps 15%
Wow. Puts it in to perspective. Thank you for this. Great news for the Devils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E.D.S.

Whilst it was proven they weren't given away. If we're in a position to give away tickets then that can only be good. Totally made up numbers now but if you gave away 500 and 25 came back and paid and to watch a game another time or ended up taking out a season ticket surely that's a good thing?

Milky

Whilst it was proven they weren't given away. If we're in a position to give away tickets then that can only be good. Totally made up numbers now but if you gave away 500 and 25 came back and paid and to watch a game another time or ended up taking out a season ticket surely that's a good thing?

This ++++++1 massively.

Me and my family are a product of this. It's a fantastic business model. We'd all agree the game (and match night experience) sells itself. To the long term diehards on here it must be hard to remember exactly how dull a football or rugby match can be. Being season ticket holders at Cardiff City is our background and after the season in the premier league I promised never to go back. It was the most turgid boring afternoon you could wish for.

My son and I came for our first game for £10 in total (end of the row against the wall in block 1 in 2014). We were instantly hooked. The speed, the music, the atmosphere, the fights, the goals, everything!!!!! By the start of the 2015/16 we had 4 corporate season tickets and haven't missed a game since. We've brought friends who come occasionally and have introduced a couple that are now season ticket holders as well. We're on target to visit every away rink this season and we've all got replica and a few game worn jerseys. Never mind all the 50/50, chucka puck, SOHB and gallons of beers we've bought.

Fill the rink on a deal for a game that may be quiet (so its revenue anyway) and you'll pick up a few new passionate fans that will spend money. Simple but great business model if you believe in your product.

Same here I had two free tickets 14 years ago and have attended continuously, apart from one season home not wanting to give cash to Ragan, its scary to even try and add up the money spent over those years, jerseys, away travel, progs, 50/50 and SOHB tickets

Sheincar

My 1st game was in 1993 as a result of players visiting Whitchurch HS and selling tickets for £1. The difficulty this season is finding a game suitable for a "giveaway". All teams are competitive and therefore tickets likely to sell. In principle though all for it.

Electro

All clubs do it, which is why l asked, but l guess certain people read one thing and conclude the opposite.

A true reflection on attendance levels would be to ascertain to what extent each club does this. Purely for and for no other reason, just interested.

DevilDom

Excellent figures for the Devils and much better than I expected. I thought we would see an increase to around 2500 average initially and would struggle to get the numbers in some of the less attractive games. To be in excess of 2900 and at 95% capacity average is testament to the sales and marketing people.

To add, a few giveaways, especially for youngsters at the right games are an excellent marketing tool. I got into watching the Devils 9 years ago by receiving some free tickets. My son and I have been season ticket holders for the past 7 years.

matbur

Just confirms the good work and growth of the organisation really, fantastic to see. Without wishing to open a can of worms, given there is still a lot of potential for the support-base to grow, seeing our average attendance is already at 95% means there is going to be a problem further down the line with growth.

Electro

Cannot add anything more than what I've already said regarding the size of the IAW and missed potential.

Having the IAW at 95% + capacity is what one would say is "A nice little earner" , l bet he who shouldn't be mentioned, is more than unhappy at the missed opportunity, especially at the price he sold it for. Add the rent free, makes for a club that shouldn't have any financial issues and can reinvest into the club and community, would be great to see some of it put into a young development program.

Wannabe2

Cannot add anything more than what I've already said regarding the size of the IAW and missed potential.

Having the IAW at 95% + capacity is what one would say is "A nice little earner" , l bet he who shouldn't be mentioned, is more than unhappy at the missed opportunity, especially at the price he sold it for. Add the rent free, makes for a club that shouldn't have any financial issues and can reinvest into the club and community, would be great to see some of it put into a young development program.
Love this post, it's spot on and hits the nail firmly on the head, all I would add is that if the unmentionable still had the club, we wouldn't be a shadow of what we are today. The best thing he ever did for this club was to sell it.

Last edited by a moderator: