Average EIHL Attendances

jimmy snels

Just confirms the good work and growth of the organisation really, fantastic to see. Without wishing to open a can of worms, given there is still a lot of potential for the support-base to grow, seeing our average attendance is already at 95% means there is going to be a problem further down the line with growth.
My main concern is the potential for an increase in ticket price. If the product sells out constantly i suspect it wont be to long before an extra pound or two is added to a game, 20 quid to a season ticket etc. its an inevitable conclusion if someone gets a tad greedy and wants to raise more funds imo.

DevilDom

There are few things more certain in life than prices increasing, but I understand the point you are making. Also, it wouldn't necessarily be greedy if the only way to maintain the product on the ice was to increase prices.

I guess if we can get to a position where we have a large proportion of rink sold out with season tickets (say 70%) and are selling out every week it will become an issue and maybe ways to increase capacity could be looked at. I think we are a way off that yet but its a nice situation to be in at the moment.

Electro

It's a nice position for the club and if you can get a ticket or go to enough games to warrant a season ticket. What if suddenly next yr 3800 people decide they want season tickets, are people going to be happy that getting to see the game becomes a lottery.

Potentially there are a lot more fans than capacity, they just don't always attend regularly. As has been commented some are surprised the games are at 95% so soon. Once the realisation that tickets may not be available, the shift to committing to a season ticket maybe the only guarantee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DevilDom

I was surprised we are at 95% already but there may be underlying factors we are not aware of behind that - novelty factor, ticket promotions, freebies etc.

Surely the club getting to a position where more fans are committing to a season ticket is a good one? It guarrantees revenue for the club and they receive it earlier in the season so it assists with cashflow and thus fund available for recruitment.

Like I said, If we get to a position where we are selling out regularly (even for the less attractive games) then its all positive in my eyes. Walk up sales are all well and good but in the tough times its the season ticket holder money that keeps the club going.