AWAY TRAVEL (COVENTRY BLAZE SEPTEMBER 27th)

Thread starter #1
Just a date for your diary. The next away game that I will be arranging transport for is the Coventry Blaze game on Sunday September 27th with a 6.00pm face off. Further details to follow in due course.

Re: AWAY TRAVEL (COVENTRY BLAZE SEPTEMBER 26th)

guys are you organising it with the club or is it seperate. I heard CDSL are back from the dead and are running travel to games. There is a sheffield bus already i think.

Not starting trouble but was just wondering people's views on 2 different bus trips ans surely it would be better to get together. i might have mixed messages but just a thought.

Bob's tours are organised seperately from the CDSL. Last season we organised lots of trips which were sold out. We had such a laugh and everyone who went on the trips became good friends and decided to do it again this season. Everyone is welcome to join us.

Sheincar

andydevils said:
guys are you organising it with the club or is it seperate. I heard CDSL are back from the dead and are running travel to games. There is a sheffield bus already i think.

Not starting trouble but was just wondering people's views on 2 different bus trips ans surely it would be better to get together. i might have mixed messages but just a thought.

You're quite right CDSL are organising a trip to Sheffield on 20 Sept. 16 and over £18 for non-members and £16.50 for members. Under 16s £16.50 for non members and £15 for members. Plus cost of ticket of course.

Is there really a need for 2 seperate services? Surely we don't fill one bus for most away games?

I'm not having a go at all and this is not at Bobs service or CDSL, but surely can people not work together.

Gaz G

Two for me please bob. Bob's tours are quality and a great time is always had by all. Unless things have changed dramatically cdsl trips tend to be a bit on the dull side. Arive half hour before face off, leave ten minutes after the end, home in bed with a cup of tea in time for the weekly omnibus of the archers

Gaz G

Not an alcoholic but addicted to bingo and good good times with many friends going to watch the mighty devils

Sheincar

samidevils said:
Is there really a need for 2 seperate services? Surely we don't fill one bus for most away games?

I'm not having a go at all and this is not at Bobs service or CDSL, but surely can people not work together.
Bob decided not to join with CDSL in doing travel.

Sheincar

Gaz G said:
Not an alcoholic but addicted to bingo and good good times with many friends going to watch the mighty devils
Addicted to bingo - the Archers should suit you then. Tho I can't remember the last time I listened to them.

Not sure where your confusion is. This is not a CDSL bus nor is it in competition with CDSL. CDSL run buses to away games.

Bob's tours is a group of friends and family who already do away trips together. Bob's trips are open to EVERYONE. This is something we have always done and enjoyed and we will continue to do.

bubbles said:
Not sure where your confusion is. This is not a CDSL bus nor is it in competition with CDSL. CDSL run buses to away games.

Bob's tours is a group of friends and family who already do away trips together. Bob's trips are open to EVERYONE. This is something we have always done and enjoyed and we will continue to do.
How is not competition to CDSL/the other way around? You say CDSL run busses to away trips, but thats surely what Bob's does too? Isn't CDSL open to everyone too?

This is not a dig, I am not a member of CDSL and have never travelled with CDSL or BOB.

TheStub

Gaz G said:
Two for me please bob. Bob's tours are quality and a great time is always had by all. Unless things have changed dramatically cdsl trips tend to be a bit on the dull side. Arive half hour before face off, leave ten minutes after the end, home in bed with a cup of tea in time for the weekly omnibus of the archers
The weekly omnibus is on at 10 on a Sunday morning. I would hope Bob would get me home for then too!

samidevils said:
bubbles said:

How is not competition to CDSL/the other way around? You say CDSL run busses to away trips, but thats surely what Bob's does too? Isn't CDSL open to everyone too?

This is not a dig, I am not a member of CDSL and have never travelled with CDSL or BOB.
CDSL is open to everyone with non members paying slightly more than members.

Bobs Tour's is a group of people who go to away games together and have done so in the past and will continue to do so. We also have social get togethers as a group, the next being Halloween night You are welcome to come and join us. Supporters clubs are good things to have, but there are people who make good friends and like to do things together. Last year when there was no supporters clubs we organised our own bus to go and see the devils. Everyone who came with us last year wanted to keep the same format this year.

bubbles said:
samidevils said:
bubbles said:

CDSL is open to everyone with non members paying slightly more than members.

Bobs Tour's is a group of people who go to away games together and have done so in the past and will continue to do so. We also have social get togethers as a group, the next being Halloween night You are welcome to come and join us. Supporters clubs are good things to have, but there are people who make good friends and like to do things together. Last year when there was no supporters clubs we organised our own bus to go and see the devils. Everyone who came with us last year wanted to keep the same format this year.

Well said Rob, isn't there room for both? if certain fans wan't to go on Bobs tours and other fans want to travel with the CDSL. It's their choice. I think i'll stick with Bobs bus, it' a great laugh.

I love Bob's tours. ;)
I have only been a handful of times but each time I feel welcome and have a great laugh at the same time. The bingo is great and Bob always seems to have time for any queries I may have.

You can't really compare Bob's tours as there are no others like it.
Bob's tours every time for me :D

As somone who has been on Bob's tours and been with the supporter's club in the past...this is my own opinion and by no means a watertight 'definition'..

Bob's tours is sort of similar to city away trips imho, lots of banter, have a bevvy or two on board, play a few games, lots of singing and it tends to be more the younger fans that have gone.

Supporter's club - slightly more sedate. I always found it was more the older fans that went and faimilies. Have a sing song, some banter and played games but there wasnt the stopping 30 mins for someone to go have a wee ;)

On both trips, the people that go are great fun and the organisers went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. I would say maybe the younger-aged fans would likely choose Bobs trips and the older fans would go with CDSL. In light of this I think it's fair to say there is a market for two perhaps? At the end of the day I want to see as many fans going up as possible to support the team.

Both are providing a service and both can provide it alongside each other independently. We as fans just choose who we travel with. My advice would be go on a trip with each of them and see which you prefer.

Personally I wish gareth and rich would start doing away trips again! :lol:

We only had to stop regularly on one trip as there was no toilet on the bus. Now every trip has a toilet so we get there a lot quicker.

:lol: