AWAY TRAVEL (COVENTRY BLAZE SEPTEMBER 27th)

Finny

Re: AWAY TRAVEL (COVENTRY BLAZE SEPTEMBER 26th)

Gaz G said:
Two for me please bob. Bob's tours are quality and a great time is always had by all. Unless things have changed dramatically cdsl trips tend to be a bit on the dull side. Arive half hour before face off, leave ten minutes after the end, home in bed with a cup of tea in time for the weekly omnibus of the archers
When was this?
When I went on the CDSL trips we used to arrive at the rink early enough for a pint or two in the nearest pub, and leave about an hour after the game so we could have a drink in the bar first. We also had quizzes and games on some of the longer trips too e.g. Newcastle.

I guess the question "is there space for two busses" will only be answered when we either have two full coaches, or two half empty coaches.

Ideally, it would be a good idea to have two seperate buses, one for families and one for 'a rowdy lot'. The City used to do this - familes and oldies would go on a the Supporters Clubs buses - whilst the rest of us went with the Valley Rams.

Thread starter #22
Re: AWAY TRAVEL (COVENTRY BLAZE SEPTEMBER 26th)

Well I think we are more in the Valley Rams camp on this one. I used to travel with them and they were a bit rowdy but were good fun.

Regarding this debate. I do think that there is room for two buses. Not everyone wants to have a drink and play games and bingo and some who have got children would not want to be on a bus with drink aboard. I think a few people were put off last year coming to away games because of the drinking and singing side of things and that is fair enough. If they just want to travel quitely to go and watch the hockey that is fine. We want as many people following the Devils away as possible thats why Bobs Tours was set up last year as there was no other organised travel to go to away games.

I am not in competition with the CDSL but I do think that there is nothing wrong in having a choice. Even with two different coaches going to the games you will still have people traveling by car, that would their choice. If both coaches had 35 on board that would be 70 Devils fans supporting the club at an away game which is number we did not achieve last year with the organised travel. That cannot be a bad thing and everyone will be happy.

Two other points:

1 If you have been on Bobs Tours in the past you know what it is all about.

2 If you have not then why not give both a try and see what your preferences are. Then you can make your choice.

Thanks for that explanation bob and bubbles.

As I said no digs/motive here! Hopefully it will work for both sets of buses, and its a good idea if there is demand for 2. (having one for "families" one for the "rowdy" lot)