Birbraer signs!

OMG OMG OMG! :eek:
kehe... :lol:

Im soo happy with all the signings so far i knew G would pull something out of his sleve, guna be a great season, really cant wait naww, so close yet soo long to wait.
the MMM line sounds fantastic, but with the suprises we've had soo far, i dont know what to expect, andd on the devils website it says Adams has an offer out to a top defenceman who would join Cardiff on a package to play hockey and study, thanks to Cardiff Business School. im still wondering who that could be too??!

Really great news, screamed abit when i found out about Mark and Maxx, frightened the life out of enyone in the house :lol:
...mayb i shall keep that for when the season starts next time! :mrgreen:

Welcome back to Cardiff all!
Bring on the season coz its guna be amazing!
:twisted: :D xx

great news and welcome back max!
for me G should try even harder now to sign a certain mr. elich!
Theres no doubting the talent we have so far, cant wait for the season to start! :D

Rempel16

Derby Devil said:
That's your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.

The Elich I saw never tracked back as fast as he got forward, there are other forwards that muck in at the back more than Elich did. It's not up for debate we all see different things in players, end of!
Elich is a defensive forward!!!

Did you not watch the many times he would backtrack whilst we were on the PP. He would pinch the breakaway forward no problem.

He was great on the offence, but defensively he was at his best. Helped the d-men out constant.

osh

Derby Devil said:
That's your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.

The Elich I saw never tracked back as fast as he got forward, there are other forwards that muck in at the back more than Elich did. It's not up for debate we all see different things in players, end of!
You certainly are entitled to your opinion !

However, what you are not enitled to do is think that because you say 'It's not up for debate we all see different things in players, end of ! that us posters will just leave it there.

Anyway, don't reply, it's not up for debate, end of !! ( tongue in cheek of course )

Derby Devil said:
Colin Hemingway next then. Would love to see him in a Devils jersey. Don't see Elich as last first liner G has stated the player must contribute both ends, that doesn't seem like Elich to be fair.
I didn't really pay much attention to how much he did help out at the back but what I can remember is him giving the puck away in the away zone, there being a break away and Elich skating half the length of the ice to recover the puck (which he made look effortless!).

ASHIPP

El Supremo said:
Derby Devil said:
Colin Hemingway next then. Would love to see him in a Devils jersey. Don't see Elich as last first liner G has stated the player must contribute both ends, that doesn't seem like Elich to be fair.
I didn't really pay much attention to how much he did help out at the back but what I can remember is him giving the puck away in the away zone, there being a break away and Elich skating half the length of the ice to recover the puck (which he made look effortless!).
El Supremo - I like that word 'effortless' - it sums up Matt's class and ability. His pedigree is almost too good for this league - but I would almost be prepared to break the law for him to wear a Devils' shirt again! :D

Wannabe2

His pedigree is almost too good for this league

Not sure i would agree completely with that comment, talented player but not a super star.

osh

Wannabe2 said:

Not sure i would agree completely with that comment, talented player but not a super star.
Have to agree with Wannabe2 on this one. I think he was our classiest player last season and very often I was of the opinion that he was thinking a couple of moves ahead of the other players ( and fans ) However, I would like to see him play with players that are better than him ( or equivilent ) to see how much his game would improve. If he had joined a Birbraer and Smith line I also think it would have been the best all round line since Hodge/Thornton/Matulik

ASHIPP

osh said:
Wannabe2 said:

Have to agree with Wannabe2 on this one. I think he was our classiest player last season and very often I was of the opinion that he was thinking a couple of moves ahead of the other players ( and fans ) However, I would like to see him play with players that are better than him ( or equivilent ) to see how much his game would improve. If he had joined a Birbraer and Smith line I also think it would have been the best all round line since Hodge/Thornton/Matulik
Nothing wrong with appreciating the skill and talent of a player is there? Where did I say Matt Elich was a superstar?! :?
I agree that the real challenge for him would be to play with players of a similar ability and pedigree. Max has that level of AHL/ECHL experience. They would have been amazing together. But, it is undeniable that Matt's skills raised the bar for the Devils towards the end of last year, partly because no-one in the team had quite that level of experience or mental capacity. There were many times we probably could have converted more opportunities/changed the course of a game because of his moves...but other players could not keep up with him(except Ben!) or be in the right position or anticipate his moves. That was a frustration for Elich and it showed.The Birbraer/Smith/Elich line would have been awesome - each complimenting and supporting eachother. G will find the right person, of that we can be sure! :D

second everything ASHIPP said tbh matt was a different class last season, with maxi and smitty on his line that would be a worrying line for any coach to try and play against, however g has pulled some very interesting signings out of nowhere this off season, personal fav so far is brabon as back up nettie and i'm sure if we don't sign elich (pray to god we do) g will get someone of the same if not better calibre (sp)