Blaze sign........

ASHIPP

Thread starter #1
Luke Fulghum.

A great signing for Coventry. Lucky to get him I would have thought. 1st line obviously but with Chambers and Carlson?

Rempel16

Hmm, absolute quality signing.... But....

Calder, Carlson, Chambers, Fulghum, Hirsch as well as Weaver, Cowley and Owen

One has to wonder whether they have any cash left, eh J.B?

Finny

Weren't there rumours of Calder leaving the EIHL for more money? Perhaps Fulghum is his replacement - though both are on the roster page still.

If the Devils are going to be bang on the wage cap let's see who else we sign....we'll be better placed to judge then I guess.

But if it's anywhere near last year's 'cap' and they keep all the players listed on their page, I'd expect the rest of their team to be rubbish.

Either that or the new wage cap is massive.

Rempel16 said:
The key to this league is getting the right players at the right price.

Sadly for you, it is beginning to look like Adams has signed "the right players" but has naively overpaid to get decent but not outstanding players like Jarvis, Prpich and Latuippe back and is now paying the price as he struggles to get some geniune game-winners :roll: .

J.B said:

Sadly for you, it is beginning to look like Adams has signed "the right players" but has naively overpaid to get decent but not outstanding players like Jarvis, Prpich and Latuippe back and is now paying the price as he struggles to get some geniune game-winners :roll: .
Urgh change the record.
For a start Jarvis is on uni deal= less salary. Latulippe might be on the same money as last season, so could Prpich...
My only concern (which really isn't a concern when it comes to the Devils) is that some teams are jumping ahead and grabbing what they can at the highest price. Adams is waiting for wage demands to be lowered. Look at it this way, by holding out, we might sign a Calder type player, for the price of a Soda-stream...

ASHIPP

Thread starter #10
J.B said:
Rempel16 said:

And, sadly for us, we have to continously put up with rubbish from you, J.B. Funny, I thought winning matches was all about the ability of the players/team, not about how much money their coach pays them? :roll: We'll see whether some of the Blaze so-called 'game-winners' are doing their job next season.
In the meantime, you should be ecstatic that the Blaze have signed another quality player instead of worrying your pretty little head over what Gerad Adams is doing with our signings. :roll:

Wannabe2

G has a trick or two up his sleeve, when we hear who the signings are, we will be looking for a great season, cant wait bring it on.
09-10 HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Chris

Administrator

I quite like this quote...

When it was first mentioned on here that Latulippe was rumoured to be heading to the Blaze, you didn't say very much at all I believe.

Then when we announced him, you popped up on here again to claim that Latulippe had invented the rumours himself.

Now, if he had invented them himself, why would you know all about his wage demands when you appear to be a Blaze supporter and uninvolved with Devils in any way?

Perhaps you should start posting on your own teams fan forums, which can be found here: http://www.fireandiceforum.co.uk/index.php, although I note there's no J.B registered over there, does this mean you feel the need to hide on our forums or do you just like coming over here to try and bait people?

Chris.

ASHIPP

Thread starter #14
And J.B. you really do need to get your facts right before posting on this forum. :oops: If you check out the top 20 point scorers in the EIHL last season, you will find that at least 6 of them were brand new to the UK League and had fair or good (but not outstanding) statistics with their previous teams in ECHL/CHL/CIS/Europe. There will be signings new to the UK again this year who in your (all important) opinion will seem 'average' but will turn out to be those very 'game-breakers' you mention. Bring them onto the ice, coaches! :D

ASHIPP said:
And J.B. you really do need to get your facts right before posting on this forum. :oops: If you check out the top 20 point scorers in the EIHL last season, you will find that at least 6 of them were brand new to the UK League and had fair or good (but not outstanding) statistics with their previous teams in ECHL/CHL/CIS/Europe. There will be signings new to the UK again this year who in your (all important) opinion will seem 'average' but will turn out to be those very 'game-breakers' you mention. Bring them onto the ice, coaches! :D
Huh?? :?

When have I mentioned anything about players who are new to the country vs players already in the country ? My comment was about Adams failing to secure the signatures of several players he has offered contracts to such as Teplitsky, Campbell, Owen, Elich, Birbraer, Fulghum etc.

It hasn't been confirmed that Adams has offered contracts to all of those...
He's been in talks but that doesnt mean he has to offer a contract to everyone he's in talks with!

how do you know he's been in talks with all of those players? teplitsky was hanging his skates up, hes said that from the beginning of last season. Im sure thommo has had talks with many players and not managed to sign them, i don't think you'll find a single team in this league, hell the whole world, that has failed to sign players they've been in talks with. So what exactly is your point J.B?

ASHIPP

Thread starter #18
[quote="J.B" Huh?? :?

When have I mentioned anything about players who are new to the country vs players already in the country ? My comment was about Adams failing to secure the signatures of several players he has offered contracts to such as Teplitsky, Campbell, Owen, Elich, Birbraer, Fulghum etc.[/quote]

Your earlier comment implied that because Gerad had allegedly 'overspent' on some players (how you know this to be the case baffles me), we would not be able to afford obvious 'game-breakers'. My point is that a club could spend a lot of money on some-one who is a proven 'game breaker' and they could have a bad season - and some clubs might just be clever enough to sign a player who is steady/decent and turns out to be crucial to that team's success. ;) There were a few of those 'unknowns', new to the League, last year.
Accepted that Campbell and Owen have gone to other clubs, there is a difference between 'failing to secure contracts' and players considering their options which they are entitled to do.
p.s. Tyson made it clear he was going back to Canada at the end of the season for personal reasons, Max Birbraer has never said he definitely wants to come back to the UK this year and was Luke Fulghum made an offer by the Devils?

Spatzy said:
Wannabe2 said:
Maybe they are happy to take a pay cut just to be able to live in Coventry. :lol:
spelling error in coventry

it should read chaventry :p

:roll:

Brilliant signing for the Blaze ... tpp line I imagine with Calder and Carlson ... Jeez i'm looking forward to next season ... and our first pre-season on August 22nd

Rempel16

And didn't DCDad himself state that we had actually not offered Derek a contract? J.B really needs to read previous posts before regurgitating the garbage that comes out of him.

At least we now have a respectable Coventry poster on here in BigBaz (welcome) and I must say that pre-season game is going to be something special I would think. A good chance to work the rivalry up before the competitive games get going.