Blaze sign........

ASHIPP

Thread starter #21
Here's something else worth considering....who's to say that G hasn't ALREADY signed a player or two and the club is holding back the announcement? This happens at other clubs and we know that coaches don't give everything away in media interviews. ;)

It's ok for J.B. to be negative about press releases confirming who has not signed for the Devils....it's possible there is another reason why that is being done! :D

Wannabe2

J.B said:
ASHIPP said:
And J.B. you really do need to get your facts right before posting on this forum. :oops: If you check out the top 20 point scorers in the EIHL last season, you will find that at least 6 of them were brand new to the UK League and had fair or good (but not outstanding) statistics with their previous teams in ECHL/CHL/CIS/Europe. There will be signings new to the UK again this year who in your (all important) opinion will seem 'average' but will turn out to be those very 'game-breakers' you mention. Bring them onto the ice, coaches! :D
Huh?? :?

When have I mentioned anything about players who are new to the country vs players already in the country ? My comment was about Adams failing to secure the signatures of several players he has offered contracts to such as Teplitsky, Campbell, Owen, Elich, Birbraer, Fulghum etc.
Tyson was never coming back to the UK as he is now pursuing a career change, Campbell and i presume you mean Peter, was offered a better offer and took it, who wouldnt, Owen who to say G was after him??, Elich may, just may still be in talks with G, as may Maxi who knows, and as for Fulghum who says G was after him any way. Maybe Mystic Meg of Coventry could tell us who we are now in talks with. :lol:

ASHIPP

Thread starter #24
Finny said:
Apparently we've also just missed out on Sidney Crosby because we offered Brad Voth £5 too much a week.
Real shame that. I've just heard this morning that Greg Chambers was going to accept an offer of more money from the Devils but pulled out at the last minute. Apparently he was too scared that Thommo wouldn't select him for Team GB anymore! :lol:

Apparently G was unable to secure the services of Mark Smith for the coming season as G's offer of £500 to get JB to clear off and play his stupid games on the Blaze website meant we would have exceeded the wage cap.

Question: Mark Smith or JB into obscurity ? Obscurity every time.... :lol: