Blight to Steelers

KaneDevils

Agree with Mooney, soundwave and co. Not been great this season. Goals scored for a 1st liner, quite poor really. But no, we should keep him on last year's stats!
And the Steelers, one of our biggest rivals, not this season. Hull and fife are

jimmy snels

Mooney#16 said:
rogue123 said:
jimmy snels said:
Now this really is horse s**t. We've strengthened Sheffield and weakened ourselves. Iv not bought the hype on a lot of stuff going on and can see agendas a mile off, but from a hockey point of view makes no sense. Pope leaves for a month but destabilises the team just before leaving? Make whisle' job harder and ride back in on a white horse to the rescue... I am actually lost for words at how stupid this is :evil:
Wow there's a first :D
Don't worry there is more to come......
One import defence man to leave and either one import two way player or a Top Brit to go as well.
And all are not by choice but forced by PR and BP.
But hey ho the business has never been stronger :Banana :Banana :Banana :Banana :Banana
If any of that turns into reality then yes. Its gone to far. Devils have no import two way players though so you'll forgive my scepticism of your validity as a source.
Max classed as two way?

Blight didn't want to play for Brent which is why he was out for so long, he was unsettling the dressing room,he was t a bad guy just been refusing to play as it wasn't g , don't know how much whistle had in influence coming in with him being cut, source was someone within the club

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Finny

Anyone who knows anything about hockey knows it's all about goals. Assists are completely irrelevant. The puck will always get to a goalscorers stick without the need of a hardworking teammate battling in the corners for you.

Good riddance Chris Blight. Who cares that you are the clubs 3rd highest scorer this year despite missing a fair chunk through injury. In fact, how dare you get injured. How unprofessional is that. So overwhelmingly happy we have got rid of one of the most sought after players in the league. It will definitely help in our chance to catch 2nd placed Sheffield.

James

Administrator
Think I'm more annoyed that Big Budget Dog has been sniffing round other teams to tap up players. Blight was indispensable for us last year and his chemistry with Faulkner was a joy to behold. Through injury and shifting lines maybe he hasn't been the same player. Either way Shuff are stronger and we are weaker for the move. Remember though, Blight isn't being chucked in the bin here, he's moving to a higher placed club, probably for more money too. All the best in Shuff Chris, apart from when you play us. Does anyone know if the concept of 'cup-tying' still exists in the elite? Can he play for Sheffield in their CC games?

KaneDevils

Maybe he left because he's had enough of the moaning, the protesting and all the bitching.
But yes, the chance to play for a higher placed team with more money, May of helped too.

Mooney#16

Finny said:
Anyone who knows anything about hockey knows it's all about goals. Assists are completely irrelevant. The puck will always get to a goalscorers stick without the need of a hardworking teammate battling in the corners for you.

Good riddance Chris Blight. Who cares that you are the clubs 3rd highest scorer this year despite missing a fair chunk through injury. In fact, how dare you get injured. How unprofessional is that. So overwhelmingly happy we have got rid of one of the most sought after players in the league. It will definitely help in our chance to catch 2nd placed Sheffield.
So you excuse his lack of two way play and missed assignments in the defensive zone along with a huge slump in goal scoring form because he puts the puck on Macs tape. He got caught on thursday down low in his own zone accidentally setting a pick on his own D man tracking a forward coming out from behind the net. Next thing his point man has a free bomb from point in a clear shooting lane because he was fannying around in an area of the ice he shouldn't have been in. I'm justifying myself here but to just say he has great assists is no reason to retain the guy if the budget means a release has to come.

Finny

Too right Mooney. He was rubbish. We're so much better with him gone.

And he better not even try to score a goal against us on the 16th. If he does I'll jump out of my seat and boo the crap out of him for the total lack of respect he has shown towards the club.

Finny

KaneDevils said:
Maybe he left because he's had enough of the moaning, the protesting and all the bitching..
I hadn't thought of that. We can totally lay the blame on the protestors.

Sheincar

Funny how there's been little or no adverse comments up to now, but a PR in the middle of the night announcing he's going to Sheffield and he's suddenly been rubbish all season!

Mooney#16

Finny said:
Too right Mooney. He was rubbish. We're so much better with him gone.

And he better not even try to score a goal against us on the 16th. If he does I'll jump out of my seat and boo the crap out of him for the total lack of respect he has shown towards the club.
Now I feel educated. Finny has shamed me. All those Face offs I've taken. All those passes and shots I've taken. All those hits I've taken and given in my time. Turns out nothing ever set in and I know nothing about the game I've played for 20 years. But no Finny in your plastic throne up the gods with your stats sheet and master interlect do pass on your words of wisdom. I'm a sponge eager to absord your wealth of hockey knowledge. Do go on.

This was about if the decision was right to release Blight or not. In my opinion his lack of form with financial outlay on his contract doesn't mean he is a bad player. It means he was not cost effective. In pro sport as a business that makes him vulnerable to the cut. Sadly for him I add.

This was about if the decision was right to release Blight or not. In my opinion his lack of form with financial outlay on his contract doesn't mean he is a bad player. It means he was not cost effective. In pro sport as a business that makes him vulnerable to the cut. Sadly for him I add.
This.

Sheffield may have 'tapped him up' but the rules regarding movement of imports within the league during the season means that Cardiff would have to have agreed to his departure.

As a Panthers fan I must say that this is a bonkers decision by Ragan/Pope/whoever. Blight is, in my humble opinion, an absolute lynch pin of your team. Over a PPG player and the vast majority of that from assists. Who is going to feed your scorers now?

All this has done is weaken your team and strengthen a rival. Given that it makes no sense tactically I wonder if this was done purely as a way to reduce the wage bill?

Chris

Administrator
The press releases from both Cardiff and Sheffield do suggest it was some sort of trade?

I wasn't really expecting anymore player movement, but perhaps that isn't going to be the case, it'll be interesting to see whether other players feel their position is under threat now with the way this has seemingly been handled :S

Just when things were looking up with Whistle coming in :(

I haven't seen enough of the team this season to know what players could step upto our 1st line, other than the suggested Myers but as has been mentioned that would give us 3 centers on the 1st line which surely wouldn't work all that well?

Ocko

He might not have had the goal scoring season that he had last year but he is still one if our best players that gives absolutely everything on the ice. On current evidence and reputation Rama is not an adequate replacement, a complete downgrade.

Not only that Blight bought into the welsh way of life loved the city, football, rugby etc. I have no doubt this was Chris's decision. Another sad day for the club.

Say goodbye to our best d man in years; Tyson and our best player over the two years; Mac. They certainly won't be back next year after this - they're all best friends aren't they.

To those questioning his assists and goals... Someone has has to put Mac, Kurka etc in the goal scoring opportunities. There is a reason you run a points rather than goals stat in hockey. Gretzky was never remembered for his goals stats but his points, he was the best because he made other players around him better too. It's naive and shows a lack of hockey knowledge to base his performance on just goals scored.

G, Franny, Hill, Myers, Blight, Lacosta, Cook, Conboy...regardless as to what you thought of their ability this team has lost a lot of good people and heart in that dressing room. Mac has the hardest job in hockey keeping that group of guys a 'team'.