Brad 1 match ban

ASHIPP

My weekend has been ruined. I have just read who the ref will be for our last league game of the season at home against Edinburgh.
You know who it is....that IDIOT Hicks. :evil: Think I'll take my Official Rule Book and a spare pair of glasses in case he doesn't come prepared!

I know it's a crazy thought :roll: , I'm seriously wondering whether the Vother will decide to play -Hicks could make some numpty decisions just in time for the Playoffs. :evil: Anyone think G might skate on Sunday instead?

jimmy snels

if i was G id definatly play myself so nothing crazy can be called against brad. capitals havent got an enforcer anyhow so its not like we would be bullied!

DevilDom

ASHIPP said:
My weekend has been ruined. I have just read who the ref will be for our last league game of the season at home against Edinburgh.
You know who it is....that IDIOT Hicks. :evil: Think I'll take my Official Rule Book and a spare pair of glasses in case he doesn't come prepared!

I know it's a crazy thought :roll: , I'm seriously wondering whether the Vother will decide to play -Hicks could make some numpty decisions just in time for the Playoffs. :evil: Anyone think G might skate on Sunday instead?
There is a good side to the fact that Hicks is ref - we can all make him fully aware of what we think of his abilities as a ref!

I think your idea of Brad not playing is an interesting thought, however I think i'd still prefer him to play and just be sensible (I know that he is most of the time and still gets penalised!).

jwave

Wannabe2 said:
Dont forget that Brad also got 2mins in the bin by SICKLY HICKSY for letting someone hit him twice full in the face and not retaliating. Myself i would refuse to play any games that has Hicks down as the official, this is supposed to be a professional sport for heavens sake. GET HICKSY OUT.
we should make that a chant next time that use less waste of space Hicks is in our rink. "GET HICKSY OUT"

jwave

DevilDom said:
ASHIPP said:

There is a good side to the fact that Hicks is ref - we can all make him fully aware of what we think of his abilities as a ref!

I think your idea of Brad not playing is an interesting thought, however I think i'd still prefer him to play and just be sensible (I know that he is most of the time and still gets penalised!).
We need to let him know what we think. All the fans together "Get Hicksy out" shall be the shout.

DevilDom said:
ASHIPP said:
If he is not coming back next season, I would rather him play and batter Hicks. I would actually pay double and more to see that. No other league in the world would recognize any ban from this Mickey Mouse league and its dubious disciplinary procedure

Kipper

algo said:
If you wish to send a e-mail to Andy French you can use the Elite League web site http://www.eliteleague.co.uk then click on contacts or this is Andy French’s E-Mail address, andy.french@eliteleague.co.uk I don’t think it will do any good but I have sent one off to him if a few hundred Devils fans do the same he might read one or two, if nothing else he will have to waste time deleting them all
The word is that the Elite League won't consider any evidence or appeals put up by the Devils as there is allegedly a dispute over a £500 fee the League reckons the Devils ar supposed to owe them over a previous matter.

Also I hear that on viewing the video Hicksy apparently wanted to downgrade Voth's penalty and increase Bergin's to match but the League told him not to bother because of the above.

At least that's what my grandmother's cousin's lodger told me. ;)

Chris

Administrator
If what enough people are saying, it's due to the current regime, nothing to do with Bob.

As much as we might dislike him, I don't think he's to blame for this one...

Chris.

You can't blame Hicksy for this one - as already mentioned, he wanted to down-grade Brad's penalty and up-grade Bergin's - but the powers above him are the one's soley to blame for this crazy outcome.

I am struggling to understand what the benefit of chanting abuse at Hicks actually is? If you don't like his decisions fair enough but making a personal attack on him will just get his back up more and make him call more penalties against the Devils.

If I was in power and someone hurls abuse at me I would make things worse for them if I could. It's human nature.

I wasn't at the game so can't comment on the call, what I can say is that maybe a few people should sign up to go on a refereeing course run by the EIHA and start from the ground up doing under 12's games and then progressing year on year to the next level. With Ice Hockey being the fastest team sport in the world the officials have split seconds to make decisions and will never get it right all the time. They normally only see the retaliation to a sly slash or but end as they are the knee jerk reactions. Also as fans we have the luxury of sitting in our seats up high and viewing the whole ice pad at our leisure while the referee has to have his eyes everywhere due to players and pucks moving at speed around them.

I'm not defending Hicks as like I said I wasn't at the game, I just know from my experience of playing the game the mentality of the officials and the pressures they are under each game.

A few seasons ago Boniface was the most hated man in Cardiff hockey then it switched to Andy Carson and now it is Hicks turn. Maybe next season Matt Thompson or Dean Smith will be the villain and Hicks will be just a normal ref again. There was also a time when (Cardiff) people said that Hicks was the fairest ref in the league, I am sure this wasn't the same for every team in the league. Remember that as a ref you are going to have one team thinking you helped them out and the other saying you screwed them over. As long as the stats are in the 50%'s then I would say the ref is pretty fair to that team as they neither allow them to win more or lose more than others.

The playoffs are a heartbeat away, I am sure a certain Mr Hanson has thrown out Brad almost every year in the Semi's, will he be the target of the chants for the playoffs as Hicks isn't going to be there?

From Kipper's post:
....The word is that the Elite League won't consider any evidence or appeals put up by the Devils as there is allegedly a dispute over a £500 fee the League reckons the Devils ar supposed to owe them over a previous matter"

If this true, and I have no doubt to doubt Dave's word, then simply the club are to blame, previous or current regime. The player has to have a right to appeal, or not in this case as Hicks was to downgrade Voths's pen anyway but couldn't.
How our default on £500 prevens Bergin's increase in pens / ban etc.. is beyond me.

A

Anonymous

D21 said:
I am struggling to understand what the benefit of chanting abuse at Hicks actually is? If you don't like his decisions fair enough but making a personal attack on him will just get his back up more and make him call more penalties against the Devils.

If I was in power and someone hurls abuse at me I would make things worse for them if I could. It's human nature.

I wasn't at the game so can't comment on the call, what I can say is that maybe a few people should sign up to go on a refereeing course run by the EIHA and start from the ground up doing under 12's games and then progressing year on year to the next level. With Ice Hockey being the fastest team sport in the world the officials have split seconds to make decisions and will never get it right all the time. They normally only see the retaliation to a sly slash or but end as they are the knee jerk reactions. Also as fans we have the luxury of sitting in our seats up high and viewing the whole ice pad at our leisure while the referee has to have his eyes everywhere due to players and pucks moving at speed around them.

I'm not defending Hicks as like I said I wasn't at the game, I just know from my experience of playing the game the mentality of the officials and the pressures they are under each game.

A few seasons ago Boniface was the most hated man in Cardiff hockey then it switched to Andy Carson and now it is Hicks turn. Maybe next season Matt Thompson or Dean Smith will be the villain and Hicks will be just a normal ref again. There was also a time when (Cardiff) people said that Hicks was the fairest ref in the league, I am sure this wasn't the same for every team in the league. Remember that as a ref you are going to have one team thinking you helped them out and the other saying you screwed them over. As long as the stats are in the 50%'s then I would say the ref is pretty fair to that team as they neither allow them to win more or lose more than others.

The playoffs are a heartbeat away, I am sure a certain Mr Hanson has thrown out Brad almost every year in the Semi's, will he be the target of the chants for the playoffs as Hicks isn't going to be there?
We are all aware that officiating is hard and that you cant please everyone. But blatant biased decisions against your team is hard to swallow, and double standards regarding players is some what annoying. Trust me, if you were at the game, you would completely agree. When fans slate the ref its usually because they have lost. We won this game 3:0, what does that tell you?

Martynwo said:
From Kipper's post:

How our default on £500 prevens Bergin's increase in pens / ban etc.. is beyond me.
Makes you wonder if Nottingham knew and were just waiting for the end of game to try and get payback on Voth whilst knowing there would be little comeback. Espically as it was behind the play and unlikely to be seen clearly.

A

Anonymous

That would also suggest that unless we pay £500 (hardly crippling) players can do to our players what they like and get away with it? Doesn't sound quite right does it? :roll:

DevilDom

We should have a Whip round on Sunday to pay the money. Should be at least 1,000 people there and if we all contibute 50p we can cover it! :lol:

Better that then be subject to the elite league monkies being able to do whatever they want to us with no chance of appeal. It's bad enough they give us Hicks nearly every weekend! :evil:

Legin

Possibly they don't want to appeal, if they did and the suspension was lifted then he got the same penalty in a later game he could then end up missing one of the playoff games. At least this way he won't have it hanging over him.

James

Administrator
It's a game away against Hull at the end of the season. Other than from the moral standpoint, I doubt whether the team or Voth are that bothered.

Rempel16

James said:
It's a game away against Hull at the end of the season. Other than from the moral standpoint, I doubt whether the team or Voth are that bothered.
You're probably right.

Although I fancy that Miller would've preferred Brad to be there when Knight and Burns come looking for him.

Will nice to actually see Miller step up though (if he does)