Brad Voth Retires

Thread starter #1
http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/brad-voth-retires/
(sorry if my linky thing doesn't work.. still mastering the computer!)

Brad i never wanted to see you go out like this! :cry:

You have given us years of entertainment and memories.. been a great face of the Devils and lord mayor of Cardiff. i smile when i look back on your time with us and i thank you for that... i wish you all the best for your future career Brad and i thank you ..

I recon as they want to make Sunday Brad night that we should red out the rink one last time this season and give him something to remember how much he meant to us... but probably too late to organise this now :cry:

Sad day for Brad and UK hockey.
A big character on the ice. And I must say after a few of us Clan fans that met him in Hooters in last seasons playoff a pure gent off ice.
All the best to the big guy in the future.
And good luck tonight guys do it for Brad.

Gutted it's ended like this for Brad. A legend at the club and Mr Cardiff Devils over the years.

A genuine thank you to Brad for all your efforts, hard work and dedication over the years. I really hope we win a trophy this year for the big man. I wonder if a shirt retirement is worthwhile?

Max

All the best in the future, To the Mayor of Cardiff,YOU WILL BE MISSED!
I hope his number is retired to the Devils hall of fame.

Just devastated.... not much else to say. Brad Voth bleeds cardiff devils. To lose him like this is just gutting.
It was obvious how much he wanted to win something with us before he ever left and that opportunity has gone.
Massive standing ovation with "shoes off if you love brad voth" Sunday I think.
Big loss for UK ice hockey.
massive loss for the red army.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

nicky27

Hardly ever post on here but just wanted to say thank you to Brad for an amazing few years with the Devils. I am sure there will be a few tears from people tomorrow (well me anyway!!). Good luck with your future Brad, you will be missed.

A sad day for the whole elite league not just the devils brad was a great player not just an intimidating presence on the ice and as has been said before a true gent off the ice too I would have loved to see him ice for the clan but sadly that will never happen our game has lost one of its great characters all the best for the future brad you will be greatly missed By true hockey fans all round the country

TheStub

It's a shame that his career ended like this, but why risk you plans just to play a couple more games?

Thanks for everything Brad. You'll be missed.

Gutted to see the big man go like this, a pleasure to watch and possibly one of the reasons I returned after the first game.

Bad timing for the Devils due to the fact they cant bring in a replacement.. Good enforcer and player when he 1st came to the league but the last few seasons was not the same presence on the ice.

Will miss having him in the league due to him being one of those character guys who gets people talking, and the fact he plays a physical style of game.

voth26

totally gutted and shocked when I heard this, really gonna miss Brad, but he has to do whats right for his life outside the puck, his health and his family. hockey in the bbt is not gonna be the same without the big man. I agree with everything thats been said about brad, 7yrs with the same club is true loyalty and one reason i believe he kept coming back is because so many people loved having him in a devils shirt and he was aware of that and I think he loved everything about the devils and us fans. you will be missed brad have no doubt about that, I hope brad gets to say a few words after the braehead game. All the best in the future Brad for you and your family and dont forget us, you know you will always get a very very warm welcome in Cardiff

TheStub

Re: Re: Brad Voth Retires

oneill said:
Bad timing for the Devils due to the fact they cant bring in a replacement.. Good enforcer and player when he 1st came to the league but the last few seasons was not the same presence on the ice.

Will miss having him in the league due to him being one of those character guys who gets people talking, and the fact he plays a physical style of game.
I'd counter with this season being one of his most productive. He got away from the pointless fights, and idiotic hits and concentrated on being that power forward we all missed.

Shame he couldn't see the season out.

rocketbob

Totally gutted. You will be so sorely missed Brad. Legend is a massively overused word, but you are a true Devils legend. Thank you for your efforts and all of the entertainment you have provided in the Devils uniform and also off the ice throughout your years of service. All the best to you for your future life and career post-hockey.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk