Brent Pope seeks new Head Coach

Wannabe2

nmase20 said:
"I have talked to Mac about a player-coach role and he is not seeking that, but just because somebody doesn’t want the title doesn’t mean he can’t do the job."

I really don't understand that sentence.. is he saying even if mac doesn't want to do it doesn't mean we can't make him do it?
Why not then we can p--s another player of.

rocketbob

Thread starter #23
mazza03 said:
It goes from worse to worse, too many egos' at play, use G as coach while Brent is away, do the decent thing for once. :oops:
This is what I was alluding to when I mentioned a 'qualified employee'. I can't see it happening as BP and PR would lose too much face if G won a bunch of games when BP was away. Also, not sure if G would want to do it either. As the phrase goes, "you make your bed, you lie in it".

Sheincar

rocketbob said:
mazza03 said:
It goes from worse to worse, too many egos' at play, use G as coach while Brent is away, do the decent thing for once. :oops:
This is what I was alluding to when I mentioned a 'qualified employee'. I can't see it happening as BP and PR would lose too much face if G won a bunch of games when BP was away. Also, not sure if G would want to do it either. As the phrase goes, "you make your bed, you lie in it".
If I was G I'd tell them where to go!!

rocketbob

Thread starter #25
Sheincar said:
rocketbob said:
mazza03 said:
I suspect I would as well given the same circumstances.

mazza03

Sheincar said:
rocketbob said:
mazza03 said:
I would definitely tell them where to stick there club, but I would still love to see G being given a chance, he certainly hasn't had one so far. ;:|

nmase20 said:
"I have talked to Mac about a player-coach role and he is not seeking that, but just because somebody doesn’t want the title doesn’t mean he can’t do the job."

I really don't understand that sentence.. is he saying even if mac doesn't want to do it doesn't mean we can't make him do it?
To be honest I think it is a role that Mac would enjoy and would possibly flourish at, as he appears to be a decent type of guy, and as captain one of the players the squad look up too.
However, maybe he is just showing his real class and not jumping into G's shoes, after all G brought him to the club and maybe he has a little more respect for G than the current owners and management.
If this role was to be offered to him for the start of next season, maybe a different answer, however after all the goings on at the club this year I expect he will have more sense than to go anywhere near this role.

SPEEDACE said:
nmase20 said:
"........................
However, maybe he is just showing his real class and not jumping into G's shoes, after all G brought him to the club and maybe he has a little more respect for G than the current owners and management.
So - does the same logic apply to the time when G jumped into coach Ed Patterson's shoes?. Does that show that G had a lack of respect for his coach?
No of course it doesn't!!!!!
And - neither would it if Faulkner accepted a temporary role as coach.
This is professional hockey - not Emmerdale.

Wannabe2

miriam said:
SPEEDACE said:
nmase20 said:
"........................
So - does the same logic apply to the time when G jumped into coach Ed Patterson's shoes?. Does that show that G had a lack of respect for his coach?
No of course it doesn't!!!!!
And - neither would it if Faulkner accepted a temporary role as coach.
This is professional hockey - not Emmerdale.
He,y don't drag Emmerdale down to this level.

Wannabe2 said:
So loyalty to the club is only a fans thing then, funny that,so if all the fans decide to not turn up for 5-6 weeks that's fine and they are still loyal fans.

I was under the understanding that we should all be pulling together through these dark times, looks like I was way off the mark.

Come on this is getting worse by the minute, loyalty to the club should surely be the top priority and then it should filter down, surely that's how its supposed to work.

This ain't coming across very professionally, the BBC have commentators by the bucket load believe me, this is getting over the top now can it possibly get any worse.

Fans deserve much better than this, especially Devils fans they have been through enough. Sorry to be so negative.
Was BP not already committed / contracted to undertake this job?? If so what's that got to do with a lack of loyalty?
I don't believe the BBC would have ice hockey commentators by the "bucket load".
Now if you want to talk "bucket loads" .....talk about ice hockey coaches and N. American ice hockey players because they really do exist in those quantities. But whether they are up to the standard you require...that's where the difficulty lies ( as G and Francis found out ) and the skill in selection comes.......( as G and Francis came up woefully short the last couple of years )

Temme

What I find weird about this is how we all believed that Pope was gunning for the job for a long Tim.
Whilst this is possibly still true- it seems weird how now that he has the job he's already trying to get out of it, or find cover.

Very strange circumstances :S

Somewhat scary that the current 'farcical' arrangement and the sense of stability is already gone :DWD

At the same time though somewhat exciting that changes are on the horizon!

Temme said:
What I find weird about this is how we all believed that Pope was gunning for the job for a long Tim.
Whilst this is possibly still true- it seems weird how now that he has the job he's already trying to get out of it, or find cover.

Somewhat scary that the current 'farcical' arrangement and the sense of stability is already gone :DWD

There could still be time to get a 'We couldn't get the right guy in' statement before the start of next season. I know there isn't a book 'Learn to run a hockey club' but these statements just smack of Make it up as we go along

Sheincar

Temme said:

Perhaps he's now realised what a poisoned chalice this job has become.

ASHIPP

Interesting Wales on Line have just issued an article on Gerad's current situation..with comments from BP.

V clear message here that G will not be here next season....and we can forget any ideas of him as interim coach whilst BP is away.

What a farce.. I know the Olympics contract was already on the cards for BP. But what about the team? Says he's not unduly worried....isn't February a rather critical time for playoff battles and possibly CC final rounds ?

Who is prepared to coach for 6 weeks?

schulersagoodun said:
Now if you want to talk "bucket loads" .....talk about ice hockey coaches and N. American ice hockey players because they really do exist in those quantities. But whether they are up to the standard you require...that's where the difficulty lies ( as G and Francis found out ) and the skill in selection comes.......( as G and Francis came up woefully short the last couple of years )
There are a mass of hockey fans, that includes non devil ones, that would disagree massively with you there.
Its widely agreed that G and Franny had excellenet recruitment abilities. I think most would even argue thats where their main strength lied. hence the ridiculous title G has been put under now.
Geez even a number of sheffield fans were wishing to sign G as coach for this season.

Finny said:
If we are to go for someone completely new, I'd want to see them in before the end of the season. That would give them a couple of weeks to:

-see what players they currently have within the current squad
-understand the league and it's demands if they are new to it.

Otherwise if we do get someone new in then it will take them a couple of months to get used to everything and we'll have another wasted season.
Yes....you don't have all these problems if you make few changes and are satisfied with the status quo. I say bring in the new coach at the end of the season, give him his budget and a blank canvas

DevilDom said:
Totally agree with you on this, however that would need a level of foresight and planning that seems totally beyond the current management. They can't even plan more than 1 week ahead at the moment!
Yes ...you wouldn't have all this need of foresight, unsettling changes and planning for an improved future.... if we had just kept things nice and cosy,as they were.

DevilDom

schulersagoodun said:
DevilDom said:
Totally agree with you on this, however that would need a level of foresight and planning that seems totally beyond the current management. They can't even plan more than 1 week ahead at the moment!
Yes ...you wouldn't have all this need of foresight, unsettling changes and planning for an improved future.... if we had just kept things nice and cosy,as they were.
:DWD Who said anything about keeping things nice and cosy? The way management has acted has been completely knee jerk lurching from one rushed decision to the next without any thought for the consequence of each act or plan in place for what to do once they have made the decision to actually make things better.

Paul Sullivan

schulersagoodun said:
Finny said:
If we are to go for someone completely new, I'd want to see them in before the end of the season. That would give them a couple of weeks to:

-see what players they currently have within the current squad
-understand the league and it's demands if they are new to it.

Otherwise if we do get someone new in then it will take them a couple of months to get used to everything and we'll have another wasted season.
Yes....you don't have all these problems if you make few changes and are satisfied with the status quo. I say bring in the new coach at the end of the season, give him his budget and a blank canvas

DevilDom said:
If we extrapolate your posting, then surely your next target is Vother and after him, the numbers hanging from the roof.

You've systematically gone after Hilly for years, and now Franny and G are in your crosshairs. If you were that dissatisfied, one wonders why you were 'supporting' at all?

As for 'cosy' there is only one or two people's comfort who are being considered in the recent changes. Some of us get a lot of flack for being 'just negative' yet that is all I have seen from you, for quite some time.

Considering how little you respected or regarded Phil, G and Franny you must be close to having a street party right now.