Brent Pope seeks new Head Coach

Gazza272

Paul Sullivan said:
You've systematically gone after Hilly for years, and now Franny and G are in your crosshairs. If you were that dissatisfied, one wonders why you were 'supporting' at all?

Given the stick you have given the management you have a gripe with for calling people 'true' fans. You certainly slipped very easily into criticizing the way other people choose to express their support of the Devils.

Maybe you're not that different to the ones which you dislike. ;)

Paul Sullivan

Gazza272 said:
Paul Sullivan said:
You've systematically gone after Hilly for years, and now Franny and G are in your crosshairs. If you were that dissatisfied, one wonders why you were 'supporting' at all?

Given the stick you have given the management you have a gripe with for calling people 'true' fans. You certainly slipped very easily into criticizing the way other people choose to express their support of the Devils.

Maybe you're not that different to the ones which you dislike. ;)
Apples and oranges. I have a problem with the systematic gutless tactics of the management, yes. Schuler... has been unhappy about Hilly and more for years, hence it's a valid question.

I'm with Finny on this - get the new coach in ASAP, lets see if he can salvage something from this season as clearly the current management/coaching setup seems as clueless as their PR's that they keep putting out there.

Speaking to many people and players within the game then it is clear to see that Cardiff has become the joke club within the incestious ice hockey community WorldWide. Under the current setup then I just cannot see how this club can progress forward.

Get a new coach in ASAP, let him evalauate what we have and so he has all of the Summer do what is needed to get us back on track - heck he may even help us turn around this season, as right now I am not seeing that happen at all with Pope being coach. When I hear some of the things he says on the bench then it is clear that he is so far out of his depth it would be laughable if it was not so tragic.

Cardiff deserves much better than the current shambles.

Spot on Dwoods, if we get rid of all the internal politics of devils hockey, internal fighting,
a new coach might just win, someone who has no connection with all this, from juniors all the way to seniors,
The way forward is not internal, fresh coach, fresh start or this club will cease, :|

Kipper

In fairness to Pope I believe he is trying new things. He has had an ice bath delivered.He is running new drills.He has instituted regular team meetings for bonding. I think he should be given the rest of the season to see if his methods work. You don't know unless you try.

I also agree with Finney about bringing in a new coach with time to see if he can salvage something from this season, giving him time to evaluate players and facilities to help his recruiting for 2014/15. He needs time to learn how to manage his role in the Cardiff Devils Hockey club ready for the next season for any chance or a reasonable assault on a trophy.

I am not going to judge or evaluate any of the decisions or personnel good or bad to justify why this should take place. IMO we need to have new Head Coach in place to take over from BP before the end of the season and an appropriate time would be when BP is required for his commentary duties. Timing might provide the challenge of getting us a playoff spot or CC appearance that would appeal to a New North American Head Coach with no Cardiff Devils political baggage to drag him down.

osh

Really wasn't going to post....but it just got the better of me. Yes bring in a new coach as soon as possible. It will give him plenty of time to recruit 11 new imports for next season....why 11 new imports you may ask? I say that because according to some on here, the present lot are unhappy with the organisation and will be gone after this season anyway ;) Bring it on please!