Capitals v Devils - 18/10 - 6pm - Chat/Updates

wildthing74

Was always one of my favourite away rinks in the old days.Alyways a good and passionate crowd and always ding dong games.Shame to see such a famnous club being ignored by it's own public.
What makes it a shame is that it is such a beautiful city also with a big population.It should be easy to at least get 2k crowds in there.

Probably a low crowd due to the reaction from being told there are no more players coming in. As for marketing I think you must have been on Mars or somewhere as they just held the Gardiner cup. You can't get more marketed than that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

drumduff said:
Probably a low crowd due to the reaction from being told there are no more players coming in. As for marketing I think you must have been on Mars or somewhere as they just held the Gardiner cup. You can't get more marketed than that! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Game, set and match drumduff!

I'd completely forgotten about that. It's a shame that there isn't a public willing to go and watch their team

kettdevil1

drainage said:
Diafol said:
Merthyr Devil said:
Beating the league leaders 6-2 followed by a win away to Edinburgh who are a much better team than last year is a pretty good weekend! :D
Pretty good ? I'd say it was superb :lol:

Well done guys !
Whats the updated league positions then ? or are teams still playing ?

Assuming Belfast win I think we will be up to 3rd, 1 point behind the Panthers who lead the league

I have to compliment Caps Tv, their coverage is so much better than Belfast, their commentators are much more entertaining and can be quite funny.

At £7 it is definately worth the money, it's £2 more than Belfast but you can see why.

I watched it last year and was impressed and I'll use it again, plus it's no doubt money they can put to good use

kettdevil1

I saw my first Devils match on October 14th 1989 and that was against Murrayfield and so have a real soft spot for the club. Back then games against them were titanic tussles that were always well attended.

Very sorry to see the lack of people there tonight, I hope they can rekindle things soon.

Great win, good to get 4 points, safe journey back everyone.

Finny

Ghost Dog said:
On a side-note, does anyone know if Cardiff are planning on doing a live stream service for their home games any time soon?
It is something that they hope to do in the futute, but I don't think it is one of their main priorities yet.

Max Beerbarrell said:
drumduff said:

I'd completely forgotten about that. It's a shame that there isn't a public willing to go and watch their team
Hey no problem I guess after the gardiner cup if they couldn't attract fans after that they got no chance. Anyway with all the unstability up in caps land rumours are already doing the rounds about whether the players will want to leave. They got some very good young brits in O'Conner & Mark Garside so hopefully they'll get an elite team if the worse comes to the worse. :roll:

osh

drumduff said:
Max Beerbarrell said:
drumduff said:

Hey no problem I guess after the gardiner cup if they couldn't attract fans after that they got no chance. Anyway with all the unstability up in caps land rumours are already doing the rounds about whether the players will want to leave. They got some very good young brits in O'Conner & Mark Garside so hopefully they'll get an elite team if the worse comes to the worse. :roll:
The Caps are an Elite team already.

Finny

Think he meant the Caps Brits would be picked up by other EIHL teams if the Caps had to fold.

I do think we are all jumping the gun a bit here, and Edinburgh are simply asking for more sponsorship/money from their fans - or perhaps hinting at financial handouts from the EIHL.