Capitals v Devils - Sun 6pm - Chat/Updates

A

Anonymous

Finny said:
Seeing as me betting on us to win last night cost us the game, I decided to do the opposite tonight.
And bet on the Caps to win.

Clearly it can be no coincidence and therefore tonight's victory and the end to our bad away run is completely down to me.

You are all very welcome.
Just a pity for you your now skint ! :lol:

Finny

TheDevilTorn said:
Finny said:
Seeing as me betting on us to win last night cost us the game, I decided to do the opposite tonight.
And bet on the Caps to win.

Clearly it can be no coincidence and therefore tonight's victory and the end to our bad away run is completely down to me.

You are all very welcome.
Just a pity for you your now skint ! :lol:
I also bet on:
Hull to beat Sheffield :D
Nottm to beat Chavs :D
And my banker was Belfast to beat all of Newcastles 8 players. But they threw it away. :evil:

kettdevil1

Wannabe2 said:
Vipers beat Giants on pens.
Hull beat Steelers at Sheffield
Panthers beat Blaze at Coventry
Vipers winning against Belfast has got to be the result of the season. They were down to the absolute bare bones.

Massive win for Nottingham as well - is the title race coming down to those two?

With the greatest respect to Hol_5, Hull beating Sheffield shows how far the home side has fallen.... I am assuming that they have signed the new bloke to give the faithfull something to be entertained with, rather than trying to win any hockey games with him??

Gazza272

kettdevil1 said:
Wannabe2 said:
Vipers beat Giants on pens.
Hull beat Steelers at Sheffield
Panthers beat Blaze at Coventry
Vipers winning against Belfast has got to be the result of the season. They were down to the absolute bare bones.

Massive win for Nottingham as well - is the title race coming down to those two?

With the greatest respect to Hol_5, Hull beating Sheffield shows how far the home side has fallen.... I am assuming that they have signed the new bloke to give the faithfull something to be entertained with, rather than trying to win any hockey games with him??

I think the signing of Sgroi is basically to try and give the team a 'jump' they havent got a Finnerty/Munn/Tait any more and are relying solely on Legue to get their heads into games.

Thsi new guy has had a good few point a game seasons in the ECHL and is tough as old boots, i think if he fits in it should give Sheffield a lift in the latter stages of this season, its more of a hockey signing than Mcmorrow for my money anyway.

kettdevil1 said:
You really don't have to be nice to me, but thanks! :D

I completely agree. Losing Lehman and Tait in short a space killed us more than anything. I still maintain it's not that bad a side (well not a 7th placed side) but something is missing. There's plenty of skill/ energy/ speed but one or two things aren't quite right. I'm hoping Sgroi (who looks like he can play a bit too) will make the guys feel a couple of inches taller and a few pounds heavier and give them the protection they weren't getting off Cruikshank. Don't get me started there...

Anyway, I'm exhausted.

Just don't win the next away game please. We're 6/6 there this year! :lol:

Ger-Devils

Holl_5 said:
kettdevil1 said:
You really don't have to be nice to me, but thanks! :D

I completely agree. Losing Lehman and Tait in short a space killed us more than anything. I still maintain it's not that bad a side (well not a 7th placed side) but something is missing. There's plenty of skill/ energy/ speed but one or two things aren't quite right. I'm hoping Sgroi (who looks like he can play a bit too) will make the guys feel a couple of inches taller and a few pounds heavier and give them the protection they weren't getting off Cruikshank. Don't get me started there...

Anyway, I'm exhausted.

Just don't win the next away game please. We're 6/6 there this year! :lol:
We best win up in Sheff on Fri! I'm driving up!

TheStub

Great road win last night - Devils played a good road game, and kept their composure.

I can understand why the home crowd were upset with the call in the final minute - they had just scored and we on the power play. We would have been the same.

A big thanks to the Caps webcast team for yet another top product. Well worth the £6. I had a couple of issues at the start, but it was traced to my broadband - so some fiddling with my streaming settings and the application of a network cable (yet again, wireless proved it wasn't up to the job of high demand internet access) - and it didn't so much as pause for the rest of the game...shame it took me until after face off to suss.

A great product, to give us the chance to see us snap our loosing streak :D

TheStub

Think he got the 5 for spearing, and then the game+match for a misconduct in the last minute of the game.

I was with him - it seemed a harsh call...and he obviously objected a little too hard. Hason wasn't slow in calling the misconduct. Suppose he wanted to make sure he kept control of the game.

All in, I thought Hanson had a good game.

Finny

The commentators got confused regarding the penalties at the end.

It was Welch who got 5+game for Spearing after the final whistle (on Jarvis).

Hutchins got:
10 mins for Unsportsmanlike Conduct (Abuse of official)
Game for Abuse of Official
Match for Travesty of the game.

I too couldn't work out why he got a 5 minutes penalty, but that must come under the Match Travesty.

A

Anonymous

Correct, Hutchins pen was for being in the crease too long, then he flipped at the ref and went beserk! I disagree with the Hanson comment, I thought he was a bit poor. If he had of made those errors at the tent we'd all be fuming. He missed a lot of obvious penalties, and thats coming from a bloke who doesn't understand half of them! :lol:

TheStub

TheDevilTorn said:
He missed a lot of obvious penalties, and thats coming from a bloke who doesn't understand half of them! :lol:
But he was fair about it. Lots of the time, the role of the ref is to not call things that will break up the flow of the game. Compared to some of the displays I've seen this year, this was balanced and fairly well called.

As Thompson proved in the Nottingham game in the Bay, calling the wrong things can leave players feeling aggrieved, and control of the game goes away from the officials and ends up with the enforcers. All in all, he seems to be fairly balanced, calling things evenly (IMHO, but I was watching a web feed, so I may have missed loads).

Apart from tempers flaring around the final whistle, the game seemed fairly even tempered - which to me is usually an indication of a well called game. If the players feel justice has been done, largely, then it stays fairly calm on the ice.

We need to Vic to now fill in all the complex psychology as to why this is the case ;)

A

Anonymous

He did let the game flow, I do agree there, I can see why the home fans got a little disgruntled though. The missed "too many men" pen made me laugh, we had around 8 players on the ice at one time and the ref didn't call it. One of the extra men even touched the puck! An obvious bench minor that even I spotted.

wildthing74

Refs are missing this all the time lately and its such an obvious pen.The recent Cov game it happened twice right in front of us and the ref.Both times the extra player touched the puck and in one case there were 7 skaters on the ice.
We then did the same and had 6 on and he did not call it but 2 wrongs don't make a right.You can see why players get angry with them.