Car Parking and 50/50

I'm desperate to book ice time, we've been booking private sessions for families with ALN as the public sessions are not suitable. I'm really hoping we get some as the children have come on leaps and bounds! The 2nd pad would have been amazing for us

lloyd_jeff

It was at certain times, unfortunately too many fluctuations between busy and unused. Whilst running it 24hrs, the cost implications weren’t met, simply put there isn’t enough demand to justify running a 2 pad facility & then we get onto the failure to build a large enough capacity facility to have a multi purpose function that would offset these fluctuations. Now ICE in Newport, a facility with a state of the art artificial Ice surface, that feels and performs like ice, without the cost implications, right on the M4 corridor with parking, hotel and access. So there goes any hope of attracting anything into the Vindico (whatever it’s called these days) Arena.

lloyd_jeff

I'm desperate to book ice time, we've been booking private sessions for families with ALN as the public sessions are not suitable. I'm really hoping we get some as the children have come on leaps and bounds! The 2nd pad would have been amazing for us
All the Council had to do was resurface the 2nd pad with Artificial state of the art polyethene plastic surface and you’d have a fully functioning ice pad without the cost and environmental impact, retain demand for ice usage and if conditions returned reinstate the original function. Then the cost of living crisis and subsequent cost increases could’ve been averted.

https://www.glicerink.com/what-is-s... from,specifically engineered for ice-skating.

Last edited:

kingmo19.1

Is that Nigerian Prince still up there? The one trying to distribute the £Millions from his father's estate but nobody is replying to his emails? Poor guy can't catch a break.
He started work last week, he’s the toilet janitor on level 1. Lovely lad, but needs to work a bit harder - always on his phone!

Have Hope#35

Club says car parking £3 council have a sign £5
Club also say £5:

"WHERE TO PARK - Parking hasn't changed, so you can still get parked in the former Toys R Us carpark across the street from the Arena or at Wilcox House located by the Harvester and a 7 minute walk from the Arena front door. Parking is £5 per vehicle, payable upon entrance."