Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2016/17

Devil_Abroad

Re: Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2016/17

wildthing74 said:
I think if you asked most fans who would you want as your first 2 confirmed re-signings it would have been Martin & Bowns. On top of the guys on 2 year deals that's a great statement of intent getting those guys signed up early and you would assume the other important pieces like Richie & Batchy are prioritised as well.No doubt both could have gone to many other teams in different leagues and earned more money but it just goes to show how treating people well goes a long way.
He's only signed for another free holiday in Calgary.........

ASHIPP

This is excellent news and a timely announcement by the Club. Really great work. Welcome home Ben.

If another NHL training camp in Calgary can improve his game even more, then the Devils annd their fans are going to get the benefit of another treat this season. An opportunity of a lifetime most goalies only dream of.....and Ben has taken his game to another level.

wildthing74

Devil_Abroad said:
wildthing74 said:
I think if you asked most fans who would you want as your first 2 confirmed re-signings it would have been Martin & Bowns. On top of the guys on 2 year deals that's a great statement of intent getting those guys signed up early and you would assume the other important pieces like Richie & Batchy are prioritised as well.No doubt both could have gone to many other teams in different leagues and earned more money but it just goes to show how treating people well goes a long way.
He's only signed for another free holiday in Calgary.........
Yeah based on his improvement last season I bet that was a really jolly to Calgary last summer.Fingers crossed for more of the same this summer.

jimmy snels

Bowns back is great news for us and bad news for everyone else. If we can get a couple of no nonsense stay at home D men in front of him close games will be shutouts. He was fantastic this year.
I dont get the free holiday in calgary quip to be honest. He obviously improved after attending the camp so who cares where it is? And you know something i hope he gets spotted for a huge young talent at it and we're looking elsewhere in someways. Judging by goalies who we have seen come straight from AHL to these shores bowns is better in many aspects. Any idea how lomg the camp they set up is? And is it only calgary flames goal tenders or a seperate camp run for pros all over? Super classy move and good on the owners for making it happen imo

wildthing74

I had a small dig back but I would like to think he/she was joking about the free holiday thing as all bar 1 fan I know will be delighted with this re-signing.

I truly think the camp was a massive help as he changed his glove hand positioning after it and who can argue with a goalie getting the top stats in an import dominated league?Our league is getting so good and so tight that get tiniest of margins can make a huge difference come the end of the season so we are so lucky to have ownership and management who will do whatever is needed to help the guys succeed and if he gets even slightly better as a result of another camp we could be getting the reward next Spring.

ASHIPP

Ben's game mindset and overall agility/conditioning is a testament to how influential the Calgary training camp was. He was the only netminder in the league to play so consistently and in so many games.

72 games in a season....that's almost up there with the NHL schedule.

Devil_Abroad

Re: Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2016/17

I apologise to all that found the irony missing in my comment - I forget you can't see my face when I deliver sarcasm - mind you my face always looks serious so that wouldn't help either [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheincar

Steve King seems pleased - Welcome home @bownsy21 We've already put your summer groceries into the budget here in Calgary! @cardiffdevils franchise cornerstone.

ASHIPP

Fantastic that Richie is back. An absolute class act who does the little things right whilst generating so much confidence in any situation. A lion on the pp and pk. Welcome home again Richie.

Have Hope#35

Ritchie to get a Testimonial too... He certainly deserves it, great to have him back!

"2016-17 will be Richardson's 10th year with the Devils and will be celebrated with a Testimonial Game during the upcoming season. More details to follow in the coming weeks."

voth26

ASHIPP said:
Fantastic that Richie is back. An absolute class act who does the little things right whilst generating so much confidence in any situation. A lion on the pp and pk. Welcome home again Richie.
Very true and great to see the Devils have moved quickly to announce they have offered Ritchie a testimonial as well, now lets get Batchy signed and announced

wildthing74

I've said for the last 8 or so off seasons and like a broken record I'll repeat it again Richie is the first guy I would sign every off season and while not announced as such I bet he is the first to agree to return.He is a rock of our club and we have been so lucky keeping him so long especially during the crap years of the past.

Loyalty works both ways and the testimonial is well deserved and I'm delighted it's been awarded and I hope you makes a good few quid to put aside for his eventual retirement.

The fact he's not talked about game after game shows how effective he is in that he's not making mistakes,taking dumb pens he is just going about his business being the best shut down defenceman in the league and there is no other D man Brit or import I would trade him for.

Delighted yet surprised at the underwhelming response with not many fans commenting on his return.