Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2016/17

Devil94

Dont think the lack of comments reflect on people's feelings about this resigning. Obviously one of or the most important player to resign as players like him are irreplaceable. Think it's more to do with fans expecting him to sign, no weakness to his game to discuss, and as consistent as a player can be.

Welcome home Mark

osh

Very happy to see this announced today ( although I knew it was going to happen, but kept it quite anyway ) Richie has nearly everything you'd want on a good D man. Ok, he is not the type of player to go in and give huge hits to opposition forwards. However, he rarely gives up the puck under pressure, does not take stupid penalties, he is very clever positionally, scores important goals at crucial times, manages to avoid big hits intended to hurt him as he does the right thing with the puck at the right time. On top of all that, he is a Brit and having spent 9 seasons with us, I'd say the city and people of Cardiff had a lot to do with him continuing his career here ( plus a hopefully lucrative testimonial ) a very unsung hero of our team !!

Ocko

Perfect signing. A faultless player at this level.

The most irreplaceable player on our roster IMO. But most importantly, really wants to be here.

jimmy snels

Really happy richie is back! Perhaps a separate thread might encourage more debate/posts? If i see it first I'll do this next time.

Richie is in my top 3 to resign every year. Undoubtedly an under the radar hockey d man but gives Ying to alot of our dmens yangs!

wildthing74

Good work and I'm sure most fans are bloody delighted with this.One month into off season and the 3 key Brits are signed up alongside our best player you really couldn't ask for more.These are the guys that replacing is pretty much impossible so to have done this already is exciting for what's to come.

Batch for me just gets better and better and no doubt with his international experience he can now command big money and in my opinion has advanced ahead of the likes of D Phillips so having him and Richie plus Bowns must make us the envy of every team in the league.

It's crazy to think that this will already be his 6th season and to see his development in that time has been breathtaking.Already he's half way to a testimonial and it would be nice to think he will reach that milestone with us and get the reward it deserves.He works so hard at getting better and his love of the club and the city means there is every chance he will get to 10 years and beyond.

Guys like Batch have been so loyal staying when they had big offers elsewhere and it's even more impressive considering his first 3 years he endured the crap of the previous regime yet still wanted to be a Devil.

Fantastic news to wake up to so let's go about confirming the likes of Russell,Culligan and Haddad.

This one is a huge re-signing for me, almost as big as Richie. Batch has got better and better, season after season. The boy can play, can fight, and chips in with a few points. Welcome back [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Koop11

Last year’s starting Brits signed up. If we go three lines we need probably one more high end Brit. I know who I would like that to be.

Welcome back Mr Batch.

ASHIPP

This is brilliant news. Again great work by the Club and welcome home Josh.

What a massive asset Batchy is. A totally solid defenceman with a mean streak and a big shot. He has also shown his excellent versatility by comfortably slotting in to the forward lines when needed. Always reassuring when his huge frame appears on the ice. Like a fine wine, Josh gets better and better every season. And like Bownsey and Richie, a sure selection for Team GB .Our impeccable Britsh defence trio is complete.

osh

Very pleased with this signing. It's obvious that he enjoys living in this neck of the woods and feels very much at home here. I always like the manner in which handles himself. Keeps his feelings very much to himself and is always willing to step in and take on anyone messing with him or a team mate. Good controlled aggression used at the right time.
He has really improved over the past seasons and is a huge asset to the club.

Finny

And...............relax.

Losing one of our key brits is always a worry for me each summer and even though I was more confident than ever of retaining them all to know by mid-May that Bowns, Richardson and Batch are all back is a big relief.

Add in the surprising early re-signing of Joey Martin and I think we can all be very, very happy of where we are so far.

voth26

Welcome back Josh, great having you in a Devils shirt again. Can't believe it's your 6th season!!! But hopefully many more. Without doubt the toughest Brit in the league, and one of the toughest guys in the league

voth26 said:
Welcome back Josh, great having you in a Devils shirt again. Can't believe it's your 6th season!!! But hopefully many more. Without doubt the toughest Brit in the league, and one of the toughest guys in the league
He may not be the best, but if you look at other Brits in comparison it's quite remarkable how Batch has developed and adapted to our league at such a young age. Given more time, I'm certain he'll get even better!

kettdevil1

Delighted. As tough as they come and has cut out the distribution mistakes. Just so solid in defence and a key re-signing.

Excited by the way the team is shaping up and rather missing hockey!